• How Well-Written:

You cannot rate threads
            Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
            1. Back To Top    #21
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Is Carol really the best the show can come up with for Daryl? She's so boring, lame, and weak. I know she's with Glenn but Maggie would be great if they had to pair him with someone. At least she can hold her own and is a joy to watch on screen.

Please TPTB...no Caryl. Even the word is stupid.

2. Back To Top    #22
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              That picture is fucking hilarious.

3. Back To Top    #23
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
              I really am hoping at this point that they NEVER hook up, one reason being to prove to people that they don't give in to fan service anymore than they already have.
              Interesting point, but I think the writers have, since Season 1, been planning to have Daryl interested in Carol. Look back at Season 1, and whenever Daryl is not arguing with someone, he is quietly looking at Carol. This was even before there relationship revolved around the search for Sophia and what it meant to both of them. They were already drawn together. I think the writers held back until the character of Carol was more developed.

If anything, it is unrealistic at this point that they haven't hooked up. It's the apocalypse and their entire world is gone, they could die at any moment. People in situations like that would be hooking up like bunnies - it's the need to feel alive and connected. That's why Lori jumped on Shane, and why Andrea hooked up with Shane. Both moves got those female characters a lot of fan hate. Hopefully, fan hate won't happen to Carol. I like the character. I can relate to someone who got treated like a doormat and survived it.
              And now that I think back on it, I did end up with the hot guy.

4. Back To Top    #24
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Level
              Fair argument, but how do we know this connection is supposed to be strictly sexual? I recall a few of the cast and crew themselves noting it as a brother/sister relationship (albeit while not ruling out any possibility that this could change, I'll give you that)

On that same note, I don't see how it's unrealistic at all that the two haven't hooked up. Aside from the borher/sister angle, they're both emotionally (and physically, to an extent) damaged. Reedus said he's playing Daryl as a shy virgin-type who's more likely to flirt with his crossbow, while with Carol (from her experience with Ed) it makes perfect sense that she might have a diminished sexual drive' (I'm neglecting to even get into the whole menopause angle because it'd make me feel like I'm on a women's health and care forum lol)

I refer to my argument on the previous page too; from a writing standpoint, what can really come out of the two hooking up?

5. Back To Top    #25
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              They could hook up, she gets put into mortal peril, Daryl does something reckless to save her and is killed in the process. Then we get stuck with a useless old woman who has managed to survive by piggy backing off of the coolest character.

I honestly hope she gets killed off quickly so the show no longer has to deal with "omg are Carol and Daryl ever going to hook up???" It's overshadowing Rick and Carl and its supposed to be about them.

Good lord I hate the shippers.

6. Back To Top    #26
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Gamer IDs
              Gamertag: none PSN ID: none XFIRE ID: none Steam ID: none Raptr ID: none Wii Code: none
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by tyrion93 View Post
              Fair argument, but how do we know this connection is supposed to be strictly sexual? I recall a few of the cast and crew themselves noting it as a brother/sister relationship (albeit while not ruling out any possibility of a hook-up, I'll give you that)

On that same note, I don't see how it's unrealistic at all that the two haven't hooked up. Aside from the borher/sister angle, they're both emotionally (and physically, to an extent) damaged. Reedus said he's playing Daryl as a shy virgin-type who's more likely to flirt with his crossbow, while with Carol (from her experience with Ed) it makes perfect sense that she might have a diminished sexual drive' (I'm neglecting to even get into the whole menopause angle because it'd make me feel like I'm on a women's health and care forum lol)

I refer to my argument on the previous page too; from a writing standpoint, what can really come out of the two hooking up?
              I like the way you put it. The whole brother / sister thing was stated before and their whole friendship on a deep level is exactly what I think is important for the writers to continue.

I totally agree that the sexual aspect doesn't ever really need to be in the foreground, like it is with Glenn and Maggie, even if it does happen. The two of them care for each other and that is what counts and makes the whole thing just really sweet. If the writers throw the sex stuff in, and over complicate it, they could end up losing that sweetness. Their embrace can speak volumes more to their relationship than even a kiss I think.

Like you said so well, they are both emotionally damaged deeply from years of abuse. Just having found each other and being able to understand each other is really cool for them especially when the rest of the world has fallen apart.

7. Back To Top    #27
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by Zindle View Post
              The two of them care for each other and that is what counts and makes the whole thing just really sweet. If the writers throw the sex stuff in, and over complicate it, they could end up losing that sweetness. Their embrace can speak volumes more to their relationship than even a kiss I think.

Like you said so well, they are both emotionally damaged deeply from years of abuse. Just having found each other and being able to understand each other is really cool for them especially when the rest of the world has fallen apart.
              YES! Exactly ;)

8. Back To Top    #28
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Level
              I think it would be cool for them to hook up, and then for Daryl to realize that he just isn't built for something like that. Then he'd become more and more secluded until finally dying, and giving his crossbow over to Carol.

Only problem is, Daryl's not gonna die anytime soon. So, yeah, they should hook up but I would like them to continue having the same unique relationship they've had so far.

9. Back To Top    #29
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              If Carol and Daryl's relationship is given a direct or indirect confirmation, their relationship should not be based on the sexual aspect of it because their interactions transcend into something so special and undefined. Although I understand that sex is part of a relationship, it would be unnatural to see Carol and Daryl become so Maggie and Glennesque, just because of the fact that there is so much honest and pure emotion evoked between these two that make up for all of the "lovey dovey" that many want to see. Although I understand why people want to see this, they should not push it that way.

In my point of view the only way I see this relationship working is if it is indirectly confirmed via a clever scene, keeping both Carol and Daryl's character traits the same, and developing both characters through different and unique story lines. We should be able to see the same lovely moments that many of us gush over, without changing them drastically.

10. Back To Top    #30
              Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              No. He's not hinting anything. Didn't he say in an interview that their relationship was on a different level? Plus, the show writers probably won't get them together. The TENSION of the relationship is what keeps people interested. No one wants another Maggie/Glenn. This is the Walking Dead....Not the Let's All Get Married When The World Ends Dead...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CMM View Post
              They could hook up, she gets put into mortal peril, Daryl does something reckless to save her and is killed in the process. Then we get stuck with a useless old woman who has managed to survive by piggy backing off of the coolest character.

I honestly hope she gets killed off quickly so the show no longer has to deal with "omg are Carol and Daryl ever going to hook up???" It's overshadowing Rick and Carl and its supposed to be about them.

Good lord I hate the shippers.
              I feel the same about the shippers. I follow Normon on Facebook/Twitter and then I liked a Daryl Dixon page...and in every photo that the Dixon page updates...It's full of "DARYL AND CAROL ARE GONNA GET TOGETHER!" OR "I HOPE THEY HAVE A BABY!!" and in my head, I'm like......"THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POINT OF THE SHOW!?"

If you wanna watch people hooking up and the drama that ensues, flip the TV over to the Young and the Restless....

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast