• How Useful:

• How Well-Written:

You cannot rate threads
            Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
              Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              well goodie goodie........I already know how this threads gonna go around here :(

Someone mentioned the reason nobody cares if Beth dies is because they've never developed her character since 18 Miles Out in which I thought her acting was fine. It's hard to judge someone's acting ability when they've not been given much to do anything with. I loved her scenes with Daryl and Michonne this season (minority I know) I am a Bethyl shipper but just from a platonic friendship angle I thought the hug was sweet she gave Daryl. They have always written Beth very young and I'm hoping that this is the beginning of her growing up...............and no not sexually........................no one approves here. I get that. I'll go back to my fanfiction now................

Status
              Squirrel Hunter The Walking Kwame's Avatar

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Gamer IDs
              PSN ID: omnicron777
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by baroness_strange View Post
              yep, valid point, although it is actually realistic!
              She might have decided back then, that she wants to live after all, but the way she responed to the trauma (sucidal, depressed, body shutdown) is likely to be repeated especially since she obviously hadn't had time to deal with what she went through. That shit usually comes back one way or another.
              That's the way it is with mental illness, especially depression.
              It would also fit in with her reactions to bad things lately. When zach died, she barely let it scratch her surface...
              Depression can go both ways the not feeling anything or the feeling everything at once route.
              Actually I'd find it interesting to explore that..
              We've seen a couple of house raids where the group discovered people who committed suiced...but none of the main cast has, or had to deal with depression on a long term basis which would be realistic.
              I wonder if Beth will stumble upon that house where the people hung themselves (shown in the Season 4b promo) and decide that it's her time to go. I agree that depression can take a toll on a person and just because she shut down emotionally doesn't mean she's shut out all the hurt so maybe it'll all come rushing in at once and send her over the edge this time.

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              I'm not a Beth fan, but I really hope they don't do the suicide thing again. My problem with Beth is I just haven't been given a reason to care about her. Since she is played as an 17/18 year old, I have nothing in common with her but I don't want to see her die. I want to see some development for her character ( and Hell no not in a romantic way with Daryl) . I do worry that the up coming Daryl/Beth bits are going to be more about "Man Pain" and Daryl's development than about Beth. If they do kill her off this season then I hope we get something better than the suicide route.

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              I've always liked Beth which is pretty unpopular around here. Lol.

I guess it's kind of like a Carol situation for me. I couldn't stand Carol in s1 and s2. Now I love her.

I understand most of the mental blocks people have with Beth as she's kind of just been standing around for two seasons and we all know that they either do something with her or she becomes T-dog 2.0 .

I'm not ready to call her acting underrated. But it's definetly not as bad as most seem to think. At least in my opinion. She's just pretty green as an actress and generally seems awkward in interviews and such which comes across as kind of stiff on screen.

Honestly I'd rather have Acting like her and Chandler then someone who tries too hard and is cloying.

Regardless, they do indeed need to do something with Beth and yes this is coming from someone who enjoys her and her character. Lol.

Beth definetly has an underdog thing going for her. I guess I've always been invested in the character because we're close to the same age (the role she plays, not in real life lol) and she's an underdog.

And seriously doing suicide 2.0 would piss people off. Even the people who don't like her. It wouldn't make sense.

Status
              Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              I have nothing against Beth or her singing. I'd like to see her become a likable or at least a noticable character. She reminds me of T-Dog and Axel a lot with the way she's been treated storywise. I was pissed when they killed them off without having any proper development first. Their deaths were pointless, they didn't shock or move anyone, so why bother? I'd feel the same way if they killed off Beth right now.

Sure, the actress needs improvement, but I think that if she were given a proper storyline, she might make it work. She's already been a little better this season and I also remember she had a very nice moment with Carol in season three. I hope her upcoming scenes with Daryl won't be solely focused on his feelings etc., she's the one in deperate need of development, not him (although his storyline or lack of it this season is dissapointing too).

Personally I think Beth will survive this season, because 1) they're finally doing (or attempting to do) something with her character 2) one member of Greene family has already died and 3) it would be too much for Maggie. I think Beth's going to die in season five or maybe season six after they increase her fanbase. Which is possible, remember that casual viewers don't look at her the same way more devoted fans do - actually I've noticed that they're already warming up to her. While for many of us here she's been a pointless character, regular people view her as a pretty, young girl with nice voice, calm personality, and the job of taking care of the baby. They're just shocked she's still there because characters like her are usually killed off pretty quickly (Jimmy, Patricia, prison inmates etc...). I wouldn't be surprised if she suddenly became popular after her scenes with Daryl the fan favourite. Most regular viewers see things in black and white IMO.

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by caaathy View Post
              Sure, the actress needs improvement, but I think that if she were given a proper storyline, she might make it work. She's already been a little better this season and I also remember she had a very nice moment with Carol in season three. I hope her upcoming scenes with Daryl won't be solely focused on his feelings etc., she's the one in deperate need of development, not him (although his storyline or lack of it this season is dissapointing too).
              I'm not sure pairing her with Daryl will provide any development for Beth. Viewers may notice her more because she is with "the favorite", but it will still be all about him, no doubt.

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by Leviathanrise View Post
              They already got angry and made a scene change from what I heard, and I assume that Kirkman either was gonna kill Judith or Daryl off.
              Where did you hear that? If we absolutely HAVE to lose another main character this season, I would want it to be her. I just think she's kind of useless. Plus, I like EK's EP. I'd like to see her further her music career.

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
              I'm not sure pairing her with Daryl will provide any development for Beth. Viewers may notice her more because she is with "the favorite", but it will still be all about him, no doubt.
              That's what I worry about for all of our ladies on the show ( except Michonne ) Like I said before, I don't hate the character and would like to see her developed, just not in a romantic way. She needs to move from being a girl to an adult and have a story line that isn't about her thinking about suicide or holding a baby. I have to agree it will probably be more about Daryl's development than Beth's, we've seen that before ( sophia's death)
              If they are going to kill her off, I just want it to mean something and not just be a plot device for other characters. ( trust me, as a Carol fan I know how it feels to watch your favorite be used like that)

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Level
              Can I just say meh to your Beth should die this season?

I just have a feeling we won't really get the story needed to make Beth's surviving or death be the enthralling intriguing story that it should be. Even reading a few of the above posts it appears most people seemed to be more worried about Maggie and her reaction to Beth's possible death then Beth's actual death/dying. I hope for the story, us, and the actor she gets a good story for the second half. I doubt it but I have hope so I guess that is why I am on the fence. They have just done so wrong by this character for 3 seasons now I just don't expect more for her. In fact her talking to Michonne was a surprise and highlight of this character's story for me and I am including seasons 2, 3, and 4. That's pretty sad.

Status

Thanks (Received)
              Likes (Received)
              Blog Entries
              Level
              I don't want to see anyone die. But if it came down to Beth or anyone else that was from season1-2. Beth would be my pick. She would be the least missed for me. Her story never really existed and she has no relevance except taking care of Judith and she had a major mess up with that. Which leads me to believe that Hershel and Judith's possible death could impact her She was around Judy the most and in one of her three lines she voiced wanting kids. So losing that hope could kill her.
              I think Beth will have a big part in the story of carol Lizzie n rat person. I could be wrong but I could see Darryl finding out. I think that's why they are paired up and I know the writers said there would be more to come with them. I agree with auntalicia that depression and suicidal tendencies don't go away completely. I think she may have some mental illness. But I think if she does it will be after she has more of a role which may be the finale of season 4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast