Just to get this out of the way: This really is just a Daryl and Beth episode. There are no other familiar or unfamiliar characters in this episode. There is also no mention of Sanctuary and no other narration from Beth and her diary. If you have seen the promo and sneak peeks for the episode, read those topics, then you are mostly there already...mostly.
- The episode opens with the trunk scene we see in one of the sneak peeks.
- The next scene is the other sneak peek with the snake. After, while they are eating, Beth mentions that she wants a drink because Hershel never let her. Apparently, that is the "enlightened mission".
- They head through the grounds of the country club we've seen in the promos, apparently to pickup drinking supplies within the clubhouse. While they are there, they discover walkers, some hanging from the ceiling, as well as the "Rich Bitch" we've seen in the promos. No other sign deaths, though. Daryl works out some of his aggression on a walker with a golf club.
- Dismissing the poor selection of alcohol at the clubhouse, Daryl leads them to a cabin of sorts that he'd found with Michonne on one of their runs where they find moonshine. Daryl is not very forthcoming at first, Beth thinking him a "jerk", but Beth eventually convinces him to play a drinking game of "I Never".
- During the game we learn that Daryl has never been on vacation, out of Georgia, and while Beth has never been to jail, apparently Daryl has. Eventually this leads to a fight about Beth thinking that Daryl doesn't care about any of the people they lost at the prison and that Beth is just another dead girl. Daryl tells her he had a moment he could've killed the Governor, saved Hershel, and that reaches a moment of understanding and a hug between the two. Later, Daryl admits that before the walkers, he didn't really do much of anything with his life, just drifted around, following Merle and what he was told. Beth regrets that her father didn't get to grow old, have grandkids and find peace. She then tells Daryl that he's going to be the last man standing after she is dead and gone, that he was built to survive in this world.
- The final shot of the episode is Daryl and Beth burning down the cabin and flipping it off just before they walk off into the woods.
This useless 'I never' game would have been a FANTASTIC opportunity for Daryl to say 'I never said Carol that I loved her', but the writers waste it to let us know that he has never been on vacation, well played.
Anyways, thank you as always to our lovely spoiler fairies!