Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn

1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I am a huge fan of most of what AMC does and I usually fall in love with anything that's a period piece and might teach us a little about our history. Having said that I am a little disappointed in this. I think there's a good feel for some of the daily functions and even tribulations that befall a country that's looking at being independent. But it does tend to drag. I also am not sure the concept of torturing (waterboarding) an enemy prisoner was something that was practiced with any kind of regularity but who knows. I will continue to watch because -- as I have said about other programs that attempt something different-- there is so little worth watching---

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 2 premiered last night, and it was overall a lot more exciting than last season but the show is still average/just okay, at least in my opinion.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    I finally got Netflix and started watching S2. I really like this show, being able to watch episodes close together is helping me keep it in order. Anyone else still interested in this one?

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    I just binged the first three seasons. Season 3 was the best. Simcoe is a piece of work!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I just binged the first three seasons. Season 3 was the best. Simcoe is a piece of work!
    I've really enjoyed this show, I'm so sad that the upcoming season will be it's last. Simcoe is definitely a love to hate him kind of guy, lol! I think the evolution of Mary Woodhull has been pretty interesting to watch.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    1242 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryGold View Post
    I've really enjoyed this show, I'm so sad that the upcoming season will be it's last. Simcoe is definitely a love to hate him kind of guy, lol! I think the evolution of Mary Woodhull has been pretty interesting to watch.
    I have had several changes of heart toward characters in this series. I detested Mary, at first, and now - well, Abe wouldn't be alive except for her. Not that I haven't had my moments of hating Abe, too!

Hewlett is one I absolutely detested as much as Simcoe, but I actually felt sorry for him toward the end. I do not understand why he didn't arrest and report Simcoe after that escapade wherever they were that the confederates had imprisoned Hewlett. I could not at all stand George Washington in season 2, and still can't figure out how Robert Rogers got away after confronting him in his tent.

And I have no idea about Robert Rogers.

In season 4 Benedict Arnold should experience his denouement. I will enjoy that. I'm most looking forward to more of Robert Townsend and his father!

Edited to add: As I watched Season 3 Simco, I couldn't help but think about Negan. The Simcoe actor's voice is much higher than JDM, but I thought he played a Negan like character magnificently.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    I have had several changes of heart toward characters in this series. I detested Mary, at first, and now - well, Abe wouldn't be alive except for her. Not that I haven't had my moments of hating Abe, too!

Hewlett is one I absolutely detested as much as Simcoe, but I actually felt sorry for him toward the end. I do not understand why he didn't arrest and report Simcoe after that escapade wherever they were that the confederates had imprisoned Hewlett. I could not at all stand George Washington in season 2, and still can't figure out how Robert Rogers got away after confronting him in his tent.

And I have no idea about Robert Rogers.

In season 4 Benedict Arnold should experience his denouement. I will enjoy that. I'm most looking forward to more of Robert Townsend and his father!

Edited to add: As I watched Season 3 Simco, I couldn't help but think about Negan. The Simcoe actor's voice is much higher than JDM, but I thought he played a Negan like character magnificently.
    I felt the same way about Mary at first but she has surprised me. I really don't care for Abe too much, either, he took so long getting out from under his father's thumb it soured me to him. I also didn't care for the way he treated Mary at first nor his pining over Anna. The Anna/Abe relationship didn't appeal to me, I couldn't forget about Selah. Anna and Abe were both pretty dishonest with their spouses.

It's been a while, but was Major Hewlett avoiding embarrassment over the whole affair with Anna Strong? I will have to re-watch S3 before S4.

I think Owain Yeoman has done a wonderful job portraying Benedict Arnold, I feel sort of sympathetic toward his situation. I had no idea how long he lived in England and how many children he and Peggy Shippen actually had, I think it was 5 plus he had 3 from a previous marriage. The whole love triangle with Peggy/ John Andre/ Arnold was an entertaining diversion on the show.

I liked Robert Rogers better when he was first introduced, I don;t know how he got away either-no Secret Service back then lol. There are so many good characters, as you mentioned, the Townsends, and I really like Caleb Brewster. I have mixed feelings about George Washington, he comes across a bit crazy sometimes, lol.

It's a shame, they could make a really decent drama out of this. They've already taken liberties with the spy ring, why not a bit more? I guess they haven't got the viewership

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12