Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It was a hard decision. I'm not sure if it was right, but it was likely necessary. I wouldn't have been able to do it. The problem is that there is no infrastructure to support the severely mentally ill. They can't go to the corner drug store to get Lizzie some lithium. If Carol and Tyrese didn't have Judith, then perhaps they wouldn't have had to kill Lizzie. But Lizzie was far too dangerous to keep around Judith (and Judith can't defend herself). I just don't think I would have been able to kill Lizzie. I would have told Lizzie to go find a walker to play with. One of them would have eventually got her. Perhaps what Carol did was the most humane thing for everyone.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    It was a hard decision. I'm not sure if it was right, but it was necessary. Lizzie just couldnt live in this world. Its been a week already and Im still super sad for what happened in this episode. I have some questions that Im trying to get some form of answers like what was the meaning of everything works out the way its supposed? I cant just find a concrete answer in my mind to that when mika tells carol and then carol tells lizzie and then at the ending what was that about changing. I know it was Lizzies voice and carol from episode 4 i think.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Carol made the right decision, why is this even a discussion?

Also, this was Carol's arc, not Carl's. It would have been far too contrived to allow Carl to kill Lizzie for her threatening to kill Judith, as it would have only served the purpose of pleasing the GN fans and not the (TV) story as a whole.
    Not to mention that Carl has already passed this point in the TV when he shot his mom in the head to keep her from reanimating as a walker. If he can shoot his mom, he can shoot anyone. There would be no need to put him through this sort of arc, although I could see why he would not hesitate to put Lizzie down in a heartbeat because Lizzie was planning on killing Judith to make her point as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123