Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level

My Judith theory

Judith living past the prison arc could speak wonders for a very different arc for Rick as a whole.

Carol has a daughter she can protect from the get-go and from a very young age to prevent any 'hiccups in development I.E Lizzie' and for Rick his daughter being alive gives him hope and a reason to live as well as Lori's death/Shane's death (Mostly Lori's) having a definite reason.

I could be jumping the gun BUT I theorize that maybe Carl dies somewhere along the line and we have Judith as the sole remaining child of Rick to carry on his legacy when he dies. It will be very interesting to see a very young Judith grow up in this new crazy world and how things will go for her ages 2-up.

Carol and Rick become involved and raise Judith together and eventually they both die off and we have Judith a bad-ass preteen/teenager leading a group whereas Carl would.

I say Carl's death could happen in the TV show because it can drastically alter the story and differ it from the comic. I think we ALL know that Kirkman is probably going to have Carl as the sole survivor in the comics so wouldn't it be cool if it's Judith in the TV show?

(Not to mention Daryl inadvertently causing Carl's death in 416 would be a MAJOR Daryl/Rick relationship destroyer but that's a whole different story)

What do you all think about my Judith theory?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    I was extremely confused by Judith surviving the prison war. I thought it would be pretty cruel to "kill" a baby twice. Thought having only the bloody baby carrier would be a way to show us Judith died without it being so awful. But I think it might be a plot device to get Rick to "forgive" Carol. Not sure how long she will live.

- - - Updated - - -

I was extremely confused by Judith surviving the prison war. I thought it would be pretty cruel to "kill" a baby twice. Thought having only the bloody baby carrier would be a way to show us Judith died without it being so awful. But I think it might be a plot device to get Rick to "forgive" Carol. Not sure how long she will live.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    I want Judith to live, but with all of the show's time jumps and having to switch babies, I'm not sure how much longer she actually has.
    It'll become troublesome later on down the line if the show continues a few years from now and they want to keep Judith alive.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Crotch Grabber baroness_strange's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    EDIT: wrong thread

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I like this theory. I have always thought Carl to be the successor of Rick, but maybe you're right and it's Judith instead.
    Not only would it shock numerous fans, but it would put an entirely different twist on the TV show VS the comics.

Not to mention, it'd be pretty bad ass to see a strong female lead take over and lead the group on to whatever at that point in time.

I definitely support this theory! :)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Level
    I disapprove of this theory because for Judith to come into her own as a survivor, it would be at least 15 years down the line, which is way too long into the apocalypse for civilization not to sprout up again. The comics are two years in, and D.C. is almost clear of walkers and human threats. It's very unlikely that there would still be walkers 15 years down the line, especially how the show is eradicating hundreds of them each season.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I know its probably not possible but I would have loved to see Judith grow up with Carl as her older brother and companion. I think their dynamic would have been really interesting, especially once she's old enough and strong enough to fight and defend herself and her people.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I see your points but doubt the show would go there since an older teen like Carl is easier to develop now than a baby, toddler or small child who will represent great danger, be in constant peril and have to be recast constantly - how many sets of twins and triplets have we seen already as Judith? The red cups Judith is my favorite so far.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Oh no doubt about that. It would be like soap operas with the voice over at the beginning... "This week the role of Judith Grimes is being played by..."

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I see your points but doubt the show would go there since an older teen like Carl is easier to develop now than a baby, toddler or small child who will represent great danger, be in constant peril and have to be recast constantly - how many sets of twins and triplets have we seen already as Judith? The red cups Judith is my favorite so far.
    Yeah I know it'll be a hassle to keep a baby around in the show. It seems like something Kirkman would want to do to shock the masses and tell a somewhat different story than in the comics. But I know re-casting is a bitch and it's likely that TPTB will take the easier route out by killing her, lol.

Shame.

But I know Judith is just a plot device for Carol to be welcome'd back into the group with open arms.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast