Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Level

Carol HATE (No Love please!)

Seems most other Characters have a hate thread so I thought Carol should to. I don't expect this thread to get many posts based on what I've seen here. I do not intend to troll by posting this thread I simply want to talk about my dislike for Carol. I just don't like her...the closest thread I could find was the Bethyl thread and I don't exactly ship Bethyl though I did personally feel like they had something Caryl didn't but I don't base my dislike for Carol on the possibility of Caryl I don't care who Daryl gets with or if he ever does. I have never liked Carol ever though I will admit MMB is very talented. I still don't like Carol even after the Grove.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Does this mean the Carol board is going to become as chaotic as the Beth board?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Level
    Why? Even Rick and Daryl have don't like and negative threads...I don't see why I can't say that I hate Carol, I understand most people don't agree. Why do differing opinions mean the board will be chaos? If we all agreed the discussions would pretty boring no? I just noticed there wasn't a hate thread for Carol after seeing so many for Rick I decided to start one.
    Last edited by PixieSkull; March 23rd, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJacko View Post
    Does this mean the Carol board is going to become as chaotic as the Beth board?
    Apparently not.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Level
    While I don't like Carol at all I'd do have respect for her character after watching the grove, i mean come on you gotta give it to her, what she did took some balls.

While that was a bit of praise (I Apolagise for being off topic) I'll get back to the main point of this thread.

Ive never liked the woman since the moment she spoke her first line I thought to myself 'really?' It was a cheap laugh and nothing more,min season 1 she was just kinda there and it didn't bother me overall that much, it was the few odd things she did.

Then season 2 happened *shudder* are we really supposed to believe that a mother who 'would do anything to keep her daughter safe' would only go out and look for her once? She moaned at Rick because he told her to stay safe underneath a fallen tree while he distracts and kills the walkers , it's not his fault she ran from where he told her to stay, that seriously bugged me that she was shouting and moaning at him. The worst part is she looked for her once while the others went out and made land to go out everyday to look for her and then once they found out she was dead it was like she was upset and showed a lot of emotion for like one episode and then nothing else after - done, finito. Then in the finale she even went on to shout at Rick again and pretty much say he's a shit leader! Really Carol? He went out to look for your daughter and orchestrate the plans to look for her everyday while she did nothing and she still moans at him.

Then in season 3 she seemed to almost do a complete u-turn and was still in Ricks group (if she didn't want to be that much why didn't she leave?), and she even went and nearly shot him in the season 3 priemier (while I did crack a laugh at that - I'll admit that one), but when if found out the writers plans to kill her off I was so happy purely for that fact I wouldn't have to tolerate her anymore but no my (and others) wishes didn't come true because they kept her alive, and T-Dogg died to save her (RIP T-Dogg). Again though she showed no emotion and not even a mention of her child (and while I appreciate that everybody groves differently) it just really bugged me that she didn't even mention her.

Season 4 has been the most interesting for Carol so far because she's actually had something to do, I gotta admit though I loved her arc this season (not the character though, the arc) and IMO it couldn't of happened to a better character because it meant I didn't have to see her for a few episodes (happy days) and now I just hope that she is killed off during the finale or season 5. I think we've all suffered enough Carol for one lifetime.

That felt good lol. And thanks for doing a hate thred for her I didn't even notice that she didn't have one.

As a side not the whole 'Caryl' thing *shudder* nothing is going to happen, if it was then it would of already happened by now.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieSkull View Post
    Why? Even Rick and Daryl have don't like and negative threads...I don't see why I can't say that I hate Carol, I understand most people don't agree. Why do differing opinions mean the board will be chaos? If we all agreed the discussions would pretty boring no? I just noticed there wasn't a hate thread for Carol after seeing so many for Rick I decided to start one.
    I think they are trying to imply that no one hates Carol like they do Beth so this thread is pointless.
    Hence no chaos.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I dont really hate Carol.But im not a fan either.Just--Neutral,I guess.

On s1-s3..I dont like her--just no.But now,I dont know why but im not that against her unlike before.When Rick banished her,Im fine with it..and I honestly forgot about her until the promo for ep 14 came out.

The obsessive fans of hers bother me the most though.See the comments above Will's?Thats explains it.Them hatin' on other Characters just because that particular character is with this another character that they thought should be with this character that we are talkin about here.Wtf?This another character doesnt have to be with this character at all times anyway..are they a CANON COUPLE like Gleggie or somethin'?Last time i checked they ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT.JUST NO WAY.I dont want to continue because it might go off topic and when it comes to this issue I cant really control my anger. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@PixieSkull- Dont worry its okay to express hatred to a character that you hate so I guess its fine to start a thread like this.They are just overreacting.Dont mind them.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I have never liked her....especially after season 2. I pretty much keep that to myself around here though for obvious reasons so you were brave to start this thread lol! Nothing against MMB, she is definitely one of the better actors this show has, just can't stand the character.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not keen on Carol because her character doesn't interest me at all
    Season 2... I would have punched Lori in the face and taken on all the walkers to protect one of my children, I would also been out there looking and insisted I join the search party or go it alone.... But I would have never lost my child anyway. What was she doing blaming everyone else? I guess they needed the storyline though to develop Daryl's caring side.

Season 3... I need to re-watch as I can't remember her storyline, she had that horrible trench coat though.

Season 4.... WTF What can I even say? She murdered 2 people at the prison, and can I just ask, would she have killed Glen too? And Lizzie because she were also sick and how many more? Just because they are background characters though, that makes it ok? I'm sure reactions would have been much different if it were Glen that she killed and burnt. Double standards. Rick was right to send her away, I think she will return to the group, Tyreese brushed it under the carpet everything will be forgotten *snigger*

All will be rainbows and kittens!

Yep the Carol fanatics put me off even trying to like Carol, I'm sure MMB is so so proud that she has these people as fans lmao

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    In the middle of a Jessie and Aaron sandwich.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually liked Carol during the first season and thought that she had the potential to become a really interesting character. At the time, I hadn't read the comics, so I wasn't expecting her to become this annoyingly thirsty hoe trying to hook up with anything with a pulse. Of course, they never took her character in that direction thank goodness.

Like several people have said, it was the lack of an effort that she put into the search for Sophia that put me off. Not only that, she suddenly seemed more concerned about Daryl than her own daughter. She had also gotten over her death quite fast, as if it had never happened. To be fair though- that has happened quite a few times on this show, so I won't hold that against her.

I agree that her storyline this season was probably one of the more interesting things that they have done with her character so far, but at the same time it only made me hate her more.

It saddens me though that Melissa McBride is one of the more talented actresses on the show, and yet she also happens to play the one character that I hate the most, lmao.

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast