2 1.14%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Level
    Absolutely loved tonight. Not surprising, given it's a Nichole Beattie episode (I think I've already stressed enough how she's my second favorite writer on the show behind Gimple )

No but seriously, yeah, it was near flawless I thought. Perfect pacing, more screentime for both Abe's crew and the Marauders (I'm really starting to dig Joe, its a shame he'll more than likely be gonzo by next episode), and more non-cliche development for Tara.

The ending with 'Mary', just as I expected from the summary, gave me chills.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    If Tara gets redemption death'd in the finale, I am done with the show. As Nana said, it's cliched and bullshit. There are a lot of other characters set up to have redemption deaths too, including Carol. All these built up redemptions, and the show seems prepped to throw them out the window by killing the character.

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, but I just wanted to say that.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by extravagantjoke View Post

Daryl's arc this season has clearly been about identity. Merle gave him one then Carol then Rick and then he felt he lost it all when the prison fell. Beth tried briefly to assure him that he wasn't nothing, but that didn't seem to penetrate too deeply after she was kidnapped. Instead, he was stumbled upon by these men, these familiar men, and though he resisted fitting in, when he had the opportunity to leave, he just went hunting. And they recognized it in him too. That he was too weak to be on his own. Even after seeing what happened to Len, he continued on with them. And started playing by their rules. He's acclimating, he's deciding that this is all he is.
    I don't think Daryl has acclimated he's doing what he has to do. Also, he looked very excited to see the sign for Terminus, like he was thinking "My group might be there." I'm also sure he has assumed Rick is who Joe is talking about. All of this gives him the motivation to "play by the rules" with these guys so he can get back to his group.

Quote Originally Posted by extravagantjoke View Post
    Finally, Terminus. How beautiful. Lovely, easy to open gates, flowers everywhere, little quiet homes, and a lovely woman greeting the exhausted travelers. Nobody else around, but hey, sweet lady, offering them a plate to eat.

As an audience member, all i was screaming was: OMG! DO NOT TRUST!
    I've always thought Terminus was a trap. I mean, what a weird name for a safe haven. Of course the root word is "terminate". I would not be going there.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I really enjoyed most of tonight's episode.. especially having so much of Glenn's group. I finally really like Tara and thought the scene after the Maggie/Glenn reunion where Glenn told Maggie he couldn't have made it without Tara was sweet. I am really looking forward to more of Rick/Carl/Michonne though.. I was somewhat disappointed they were only in this episode for a few moments.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I thought it was okay. It got more interesting towards the end. I would have liked to have seen more of Rick's group, and less of Glenn/Tara.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Thanks so much to the writers for this episode. I so needed it after The Grove last week. It was a good, solid episode and the perfect set up for the finale. I gave it an 8/10.

Not being a big fan of the Maggie/Glen storyline, I was surprised that I was actually cheering when they found each other. It was a nice, happy moment, and although I wasn't too fond of the picture-burning (if it wasn't foreshadowing, then it was some of the most immature dialogue I've heard since 9th grade) it was fulfilling to see them together again.

I must say, I'm loving Rosita, Abraham and Eugene and I really enjoyed their moments tonight. This is a surprise to me because the last time we saw them, I was wrinkling my nose in disgust at Eugene's arrogance. I actually quite like his character now. He reminds me of a high school guy I dated back in the day, right down to the social ineptitude. It's nice to see Rosita has attitude, spice and brains - and isn't afraid to call out one of her male counterparts. And Abraham....oh mymymymymy...I do believe I've found myself some new eye candy (sorry Rick). Yes, Copa's in love...

Seeing Carl and Michonne play their game on the railroad tracks with Rick looking on warmed my heart. It showed me that even in a ZA, people can still have fun together and connect on a deep level. I love Michonne and Carl together, and it sure was nice to see old Rick smile again.

Daryl and his gang of lynch men scare the shit out of me. Just seeing how easily Daryl can assimilate with this group after all the time spent with Rick and co. is heartbreaking. Daryl is so much better than this, and I just want to slap him upside the head till he gets it. That being said, I really enjoyed his interactions with Joe. As much as I don't want to admit it, I find myself wanting to know more about Joe and his story. He's got some wicked interpersonal skills...and the first thing that popped into my mind was that he was a mediator or lawyer before the ZA.

I am very worried for our friends in Terminus, although I must admit, Mary makes for a very sweet, very unassuming monster, doesn't she? Time will tell, but right now, Mary seems good and nurturing, which is exactly what that poor group needs.

It was a wonderful, lighthearted episode and I enjoyed it very much.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I actually thought the pacing was alright and that the episode was great overall. Some highlights:

1. I loved seeing Rick, Carl and Michonne again and wish that they had more screen time. But it was nice to see Carl and Michonne goofing off and everyone enjoying themselves for a change. Judging by the sneak peeks and promos for next week's episode, this is clearly the calm before the storm though. Can't wait for next Sunday to arrive!

2. Abraham, Rosita and Eugene are awesome additions to the cast! Their interactions with Glenn and Tara (who has grown on me during the second half of the season) were great. I love Eugene already, and especially loved how he decided to go back and help Glenn and Tara in the end. Hopefully we get to see some more Eugene heroics in the future!

3. Glenn and Maggie are reunited! YAY! (...and she still doesn't ask anyone about Beth)

4. Take home lesson: don't mess with Daryl. Now I'm anxious to see what will happen next when the marauders runs into Rick and co., although I honestly can't see Daryl turning against Rick for a band of marauders that he doesn't even trust.

5. So glad that we finally got to see Terminus...which is eerily empty and a little too happy and peaceful for my liking. The clean, well-kept environment almost mimics that funeral home that Daryl and Beth came across a few episodes back. Hopefully they show us what actually goes on in Terminus next week.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieCatt View Post
    I don't think Daryl has acclimated he's doing what he has to do. Also, he looked very excited to see the sign for Terminus, like he was thinking "My group might be there." I'm also sure he has assumed Rick is who Joe is talking about. All of this gives him the motivation to "play by the rules" with these guys so he can get back to his group.
    I don't think Daryl has given up his soul or anything, but I do believe he's acclimating, in protecting himself, of course, and that was before Terminus was mentioned. More when he was walking with Joe and sharing the moonshine.

I don't think Daryl has any idea that Joe is talking about Rick.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
    Daryl and his gang of lynch men scare the shit out of me. Just seeing how easily Daryl can assimilate with this group after all the time spent with Rick and co. is heartbreaking. Daryl is so much better than this, and I just want to slap him upside the head till he gets it. That being said, I really enjoyed his interactions with Joe. As much as I don't want to admit it, I find myself wanting to know more about Joe and his story. He's got some wicked interpersonal skills...and the first thing that popped into my mind was that he was a mediator or lawyer before the ZA.
    Joe seems more like a cult leader to me.

I don't think Daryl is really assimilating, it just appears that way. He really has no other choice for the time being. He's playing them.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I really liked this episode. The banter was much needed after all the darkness. Jeff Kober is a really solid actor. Thought he was very convincing sorta like a serial killer whose neighbors all say, "oh, he's such a nice man. Those can't be body parts in the basement....." has me excited for the finale.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast