2 1.14%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Level
    Let's hope this is all building to an EPIC finale next week. If it turns out as lame ass as the S3 finale, I'm gonna cut a bitch.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Level
    I enjoyed the episode overall. A tad bit slow in places, but I think this was a very good setup episode for the finale. All the pieces are in place now. Loved seeing Rick's amusement at Carl and Michonne's bet. It would have been nice to see a bit more of them, but at the same time, they really aren't doing anything but walking along right now so I don't think it would have added anything significant to the episode. We got what was needed to establish that Daryl and the marauders aren't too far behind them.

I just adore Glenn. His faith is truly something to be admired. Going into that tunnel blind wasn't the best idea, but it made the most sense to follow Maggie's trail. She went through that tunnel and, if anything happened to her in that tunnel, he had to go through it himself in order to find out. The tunnel is a parallel to Maggie insisting on clearing the bus and going through it herself to make sure Glenn wasn't there.

I still haven't quite made up my mind about Abe yet - but I liked him better in this episode. I'm glad that Rosita is actually wearing clothes that make sense now instead of her pinup girl outfit - and she actually had some lines so that's promising. I am starting to really like Eugene though. He's annoying and very socially awkward, but his heart is in the right place. I loved his response when Rosita asked him why he wanted to help Glenn - I have to live with myself - and this is probably the most logical statement any character in this show has made in regards to the need to keep their humanity. However long they survive, they have to live with themselves. Major points for Eugene and Glenn for emphasizing how important that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieCatt View Post
    I don't think Daryl has acclimated he's doing what he has to do. Also, he looked very excited to see the sign for Terminus, like he was thinking "My group might be there." I'm also sure he has assumed Rick is who Joe is talking about. All of this gives him the motivation to "play by the rules" with these guys so he can get back to his group.
    I don't think Daryl has figured out they're tracking Rick yet - he hasn't really been given enough information for that - but I agree that he's just biding his time with these guys. The sign for Terminus gives him a goal the same as it did the others. One of the things he said to Beth was that, even if the others were still alive, they'd never find them. But he knows them and he knows that, if any of them are alive and found those signs, they'd try to get to Terminus. That gives him something to hope for and his immediate change in attitude stands out. He'll play along with Joe's "rules" and use these guys to get where he needs to be.

I've always thought Terminus was a trap. I mean, what a weird name for a safe haven. Of course the root word is "terminate". I would not be going there.
    I'm still not sure about Terminus. The lack of security stand out more than anything else. They might be protected from walkers, but they're just letting anyone walk in with nothing but a sign telling them to lower their weapons? That's what would make me wary. Maybe it is a trap and maybe these people are just being foolishly naive - either way, I still think Terminus is going to fall.

But I also have to say - Denise Crosby! Awesome surprise there.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    8.5/10

Tonight's episode was probably my favorite of this second half. Finally an episode that I enjoyed from beginning to end. Abraham and Co. are really starting to outshine the old cast IMO. They are fresh and very interesting characters and Eugene adds some life to the cast that this show has not had since Merle. Eugene is just a fun character pure and simple and i'm glad the way he is portrayed. Rosita too is another character i'm enjoying, especially her interactions with Eugene, and the fact that she called Glenn an ass made me like her even more.

It annoys me however that Glenn and Maggie were reunited so simply. And the fact that they reunited before anyone MAKES ABSOLUTE NO SENSE. Glenn was in a car for 3 hours going in the opposite direction. How fast did they walk to catch up to Maggie and her group? The time line doesn't really add up to all of different groups. How long have they've been walking, its not like all of them saw the signs leading to terminus in a time frame thats so far apart from each other. And of course when Glenn and maggie reunited they had their love moment, but of course the very next scene Glenn has "you're so beautiful." But I guess thats to be expected since this is the type of conversations these 2 have had for 3 seasons now.

Now I'm pissed that Rick and Co. were in the episode for literally 5 seconds but I expect that next weeks episode will focus for the most part on him and the inevitable collision between his group and the Marauders. Speaking of the marauders, Joe is a very interesting character and one that I hope sticks around till at least season 5. Jeff Kober is just such a cool actor and knows how to make Joe a character you can't really despise yet because he's a man of principle. Interactions between him and Daryl didn't really reveal nothing much at all about him other than the basic rules of the group, but I do hope we get to learn more.

Now Abraham, Glenn, Maggie, Bob, etc... finally arrive at Terminus, somehow before Carol and Tyreese, again the time frame of these groups doesn't make much sense but whatever. They arrive at Terminus and you can immediately tell this is sketchy. This is not sanctuary at all. Something bad is going to happen. Now I don't know if Glenn burning the pic of Maggie foreshadows anything but it would have a great emotional impact to off Maggie right after she reunited with Glenn.

Now I suspect that "Gareth" will finally come into play in the final and he's part of Terminus along with that Mary character. Which this whole scenario looks like its being taken straight out of the tell tale game. A little early to tell but if it does happen to be like that I will be disappointed. I do find it interesting that Joe and his group don't seem to know what Terminus, so it would make for an interesting story line if they showed up there as well along with all the other groups.

Finale next week, hopefully it can deliver unlike last year but I am probably going to lower my expectations just because I don't expect them to deliver this whole build up for this back half.

Oh and finally half of the group has joined together so hopefully in season 5 we won't have so many bottle episodes if the groups are still split up by then.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    A big THANK YOU to the writers for building secondary characters in a way that is entertaining and interesting without it feeling like it was taking over too much of the episode or leaving me wanting the episode to turn back to more familiar faces. Seriously, well done!

It didn't take much for me to become invested in Abraham, Rosita and Eugene. They felt less "comic-book" and more like realistic characters. I loved their banter among themselves and some of the solo moments with Glenn and Tara. It was just enough to get me invested in them and I'm curious to see what roles they may play next season.

Even Joe and his crew were an intriguing bunch, although, for me, "claiming" everything was getting old fast . Len's death was a welcomed one. I am enjoying their part in Daryl's arc of becoming his own man, and I like how they made it obvious that they will soon cross paths with Rick, Michonne and Carl pretty early on in the finale. And while I like Joe (and the actor playing him), I kind of hope they don't keep them around for season 5.

I will say that I don't think Daryl is assimilating with this group but rather doing what he has to do to survive. Especially seeing how quickly they slayed "one of their own." While Daryl is used to playing second fiddle, I don't think he's the same man who follows others blindly.

We only saw Rick, Michonne, and Carl for a heartbeat, but it was enough to give us an idea of where they are in comparison to Daryl/bandits and the Maggie/Glenn Crew. I thought it was a clever way of keeping us apprised to where they are without giving us too much, as I'm positive their group will play a big role in Rick, Michonne, and Carl's story next week.

Glenn got some lines! And he finally met up with Maggie!

Finally, after seeing Terminus, I must say that between the unlocked fences, the sunflowers and apparent "civilized" environment, and lastly the lone, older "seemingly innocent/motherly" woman (with her back turned no less!), my suspicions were on high alert. On the outside, it was a great way to show what the prison could have been like if it weren't for the Governor. But is it too good to be true? To me, this isn't going to be Woodbury Part 2 - it's going to be 10x worse.

Overall this was a good build up episode, and I think it was wise to leave the Grove and Us in the order they did. We needed a calmer, more informative episode after last week's emotional rollercoaster. It gave us a broader and more comprehensive view of where everyone is, and I think that by doing so, it properly set up the finale.

I gave it an 8 out of 10. So excited (and at the same time, sad) for next week's finale!!
    Last edited by Special_K; March 23rd, 2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: addition

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm going to get my gripes out of the way first:
    --not enough of Rick, Carl, and Michonne
    --the tunnel scene with Glenn and Tara was a bit unbelievable to me in terms of cutting through the walkers
    --burning Maggie's picture? No, no, no--that was such an obviously obvious (yes I meant to do that) attempt at foreshadowing, plus I just don't like that Glenn willingly did that even if it wasn't foreshadowing. Boo.

Ok, so what did I like?
    --Glenn and Maggie reuniting, of course! Totally redeemed the tunnel scene for me. Best moment.
    --Glenn covering Tara was sweet. Still think Maggie will find out, but it was sweet. I love Glenn.
    --Rick SMILED. YAY!!!!! Carl & Michonne made me smile too.
    --Mary is Tasha Freaking Yar!!!

Other notables/opinions:
    --I think Daryl is simply doing what he has to do for the moment. I think his interactions with Beth made a big impact on him and he's going to remember what she said about "You can't be who you were, you have to be who you are" (paraphrasing). I think he'll see Joe as Merle 2.0. Joe also mentions something Norman Reedus said in an interview about a year ago--and that was that the ZA world is a world coming together/falling into place for people like Daryl and Joe. Reedus said Daryl became someone in the ZA when he was no one before. I believe he'll turn on this claimed group, but the clash with Rick's group won't go down without a lot of blood and heartbreak. I hate it, but that's what I see coming.

--I think this goes without saying, but there's no doubt in my mind Terminus is very bad. On a scale of 1 to a shitload, my creep factor rose to just under a shitload.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder walkingdeadrules's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know, I thought this episode was "eh" for me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either. There were some very slow parts. I didn't think the marauder scenes were all that interesting. That being said, I did like more time for Eugene/Rosita/Abraham, and actually LIKED the fact they didn't have Tara die which is definitely what would have happened in season 3. Very intrigued about Terminus and the season finale and it did build for that. Liked seeing Maggie/Glenn reunited, and can't wait to see Rick/Carol/Judith in the finale all reunite after they defeat the marauders. My money is still on Beth not reuniting with the rest and she is the cliff hanger, but we'll see.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    I don't think Daryl has figured out they're tracking Rick yet - he hasn't really been given enough information for that - but I agree that he's just biding his time with these guys. The sign for Terminus gives him a goal the same as it did the others. One of the things he said to Beth was that, even if the others were still alive, they'd never find them. But he knows them and he knows that, if any of them are alive and found those signs, they'd try to get to Terminus. That gives him something to hope for and his immediate change in attitude stands out. He'll play along with Joe's "rules" and use these guys to get where he needs to be.
    Oh duh, either I didn't catch that when Joe was telling Daryl about Rick or didn't get that sense because they brutally killed Len without blinking an eye. I guess I can see why they would go after Rick (and if this confirmed via dialogue, I must have missed that), but also can't help being a bit confused as to why as they don't seem like as the kind to seek revenge.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    7/10

Nothing incredibly memorable happened this episode. I liked that we got more of Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita though and now I like all 3 of them. It left me anxious for Terminus too. Seems like eveything is going great for these characters and that's bad. I liked Michonne and Carl's train track scene too that was nice. They're so funny together. The marauders seem kind of dull but Joe, Len, and Daryl saved those parts and made them watchable, especially Joe.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Level
    Another strong episode, yes it was mostly transition/build up, but it was great to see so many of our favorite characters in the same episode.

In fact some would probably ask why the entire 2nd half of the season didn't follow this type of format instead of all the individual character/group driven episodes. Regardless I still understand why they did it and certainly can't see the events of last weeks episode going any other way.

Just some random thoughts....

1) I'm still trying to figure out where Carol/Ty/Judith are going to fit into the equation in the season finale. Obviously we have to assume they appear next week, but when, how and where?

2) Yes the burning of Maggie's picture means something, but not sure it is a imminent foreshadow just yet. Also very interesting how Glenn was quick to speak for Tara and avoid the obvious in terms of where he met her and who she really is.

3) Still can't see Terminus being anything but terrible and 99.9% it's definitely the hunters type of people. But why on earth would Abraham and Rosita not be more cautious about it? I mean these are two military folks that obviously are trained and prepared for anything so to speak but they walk right into what might be an obvious trap and ambush situation?

4) Overall the Marauders still seem to be some very bad dudes, but unexpectedly I like Kober/Joe's character. He almost reminds me of a less crazy version of the Governor in some ways but I'm pretty sure his time on the show will be short lived.

Can't wait to see what happens next week and how they tie everything up, but I'm also very paranoid about who is going to die and have a feeling it very well might be a shocker. And knowing there will be some form of a cliffhanger also adds to the anxiety level.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    8/10, one scene with Rick just ain't enough. WE. WANT. MORE RICK.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast