1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Level

Rate and review tonight's episode, Us

Share your thoughts and give your rating everybody.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    This episode was good. The things that I liked was that Rosita got a lot of lines and screentime. She really calls out the both of those guys on their idiocy. I loved seeing Rick, Carl and Michonne, even if it was for a short time. The reuniting of Glenn and Maggie was AWESOME!!!!!!!! It's so glad to know they are back together. Maggie doesn't know that Tara was part of the Governor's army. I also think it is going to stay that way. So glad that Glenn and the rest of that group have reunited and they have reached Terminus. I don't know if what Mary said about fixing them a plate was good thing or a bad thing. The group Daryl is with, they are not cool people. They have a vendetta against Rick and I feel like sparks are going to fly when they catch up to them. In the end, I have to give this episode an 8.6 out of 10. It was a good episode. I can't wait for the Season 4 finale. It's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    8/10

- Abe, Rosita, and Eugene are hilarious, awesome, and entertaining
    - Eugene's character is wonderful
    - Rosita's lines were pretty awesome
    - Tara/Glenn relationship
    - Tara/Abe relationship
    - Maggie/Glenn reunion
    - Daryl is back to old asshole Daryl
    - Terminus reveal (obviously a trap) but a cool trap. Lol.

Minus two points for the slowness of the episode but I suppose it's a builder to the finale. The hillbilly power-hour was boring to me and could've been replaced with Rick and co.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Level
    Great episode. really enjoying the new characters but I'm a bit underwhelmed, and It's not necessarily the episodes fault. I think it's just the ordering of the episodes, they easily could have switched this and The Grove because I feel like that was a much more intense episode and Carol/Tyreese weren't in this episode so it wouldn't have messed anything up and the second to last of the season is supposed to take it up a notch and give us an idea what to expect from the finale which is the only reason I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Still getting an 8 though, because like I said It's not a bad episode, not even close.
    Last edited by Jay; March 24th, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    it was a bit slow and it was obviously a big setup episode, but overall, I thought the episode was satisfying. I'll break it down by group.

Robin Hood & his Merry Band of Assholes

"Ain't nothing sadder than an outdoor cat that thinks he's an indoor cat."

Couldn't you just hear Merle say the same thing? Except Merle would likely use "pussy" instead.

But Merle echoed throughout Daryl's entire segment. Joe is fantastically manipulative. He so easily found all of his vulnerabllities and definitely played on them. He kept reiterating who Daryl really is, how he was just like them, just like him. He offered him "fairness", he offered him comraderie, he offered him a place to be. Joe was certainly trying to groom him and did it softly, carefully, not forcing but gently nudging.

And when Daryl snagged that plant(?) out from under Tony, calling "Claimed", Joe was pleased. Because he thinks he won.

Daryl's arc this season has clearly been about identity. Merle gave him one then Carol then Rick and then he felt he lost it all when the prison fell. Beth tried briefly to assure him that he wasn't nothing, but that didn't seem to penetrate too deeply after she was kidnapped. Instead, he was stumbled upon by these men, these familiar men, and though he resisted fitting in, when he had the opportunity to leave, he just went hunting. And they recognized it in him too. That he was too weak to be on his own. Even after seeing what happened to Len, he continued on with them. And started playing by their rules. He's acclimating, he's deciding that this coulf be all he is.

What I want to happen here is for Daryl to gain this identiy before they run into Rick's group, which they inevitably will. I want Daryl to own this, own himself, know himself before he sees Rick and another escape, another reminder that will assure him of who he is. Daryl needs to be able to tell that to himself. And this will be his opportunity.

On another note, I like Joe. You know, in what an awful human being but what an entertaining character kind of way. It was also great to see Norman Reedus play against a higher caliber actor. I like Reedus, but he needs stronger actors to bring his best and Jeff Kober gave him that. It was pleasant to see. It's been a while...

Saving the world, one walker-filled tunnel at a time

"We'll push through."

So that whole tunnel was a big ol' metaphor for Glenn's tunnel-vision this episode, yes? I mean, sure it also built some tension and gave us a walker and debris mountain and all. But yeah, total metaphor. This season is, after all, all about the metaphor.

I appreciated Eugene in this episode because he was really annoying. Him rambling on in the beginning with Tara about video games and all his postulating about being the navigator. Seriously, I wanted to kick him. But I thought they did it well. I liked his banter with Rosita and that his goodbye to Tara was to tell her that she was hot. But ultimately, it was good to see beyond the banter and when Eugene guided them around to the other side of the tunnel, I was really glad. Because we saw behind all of the bravado and that he is a human being and he had to do something right. Something true.

Tara was also interesting here. She's wearing her guilt very heavily and I liked Rosita defending her, because it's true. Tara would do anything at that point that Glenn would say and Glenn needs her. All of it came pouring out as she limps along with Glenn into the tunnel of terror, all that has been not allowing her to sleep, all of it. She can't live with it, she needs to atone, she can't figure out what else to do. I was glad that, once again, Glenn wouldn't leave Tara behind to die. And though there was that awkward moment with Tara and Maggie meeting and how Glenn knows her, I'm hoping this may mean that Tara can start to forgive herself and start over.

Or Maggie will find out Glenn lied and then proceed to beat him to death and stick an arrow through his head

When Glenn saw those signs from Maggie and just began running, I got goosebumps. Major points to Steven Yeun. He sold that beautifully.

In fact, Yeun has continued to seel Glenn's story very well through the latter half of this season. I was always rooting for him and feeling his determination, even when I was disagreeing with him. When he told Tara they could just "push through" the huge herd of poorly lit walkers, sans riot gear, I wanted to smack him silly. He was reaching his end, I know, he felt he was so close, he couldn't just circle around and lose a day. And though he was right in the end, he was also wreckless, with his and Tara's lives. Tunnel vision, literally and figuratively.

The rescue was a bit cheesy, but you know what? We needed a win and they can go for cheese there. And I did grin pretty widely at the Maggie/Glenn reunion.

Then, of course, as is TWD's style, they went a bit too gooey with the Maggie/Glenn. And Maggie burning that photo was just such a jinx.

I really liked getting to know Abraham a bit better this episode and Rosita as well. I want more and I think that says enough for their characters. I thought everyone's thoughts about Washington vs Terminus was interesting.

Finally, Terminus. How beautiful. Lovely, easy to open gates, flowers everywhere, little quiet homes, and a lovely woman greeting the exhausted travelers. Nobody else around, but hey, sweet lady, offering them a plate to eat.

As an audience member, all i was screaming was: OMG! DO NOT TRUST!

Sweet Bets

Lastly, watching the short scene we got of Rick/Michonne/Carl, they are so sweetly adorable, you know we're just waiting for something horrible to happen to them. And hey, now we know what that is. And Daryl's with them. Could definitely prove to be interesting. Looking forward to the finale.
    Last edited by extravagantjoke; March 24th, 2014 at 12:30 AM.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Level
    I rated it a 7/10. Liked a lot of scenes (except the hill billy power hour crew) and loved seeing Tara develop , but it wasn't a very exciting episode...

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    7/10 Great episode, but the Grove should have been the episode before the season finale it would suit the pattern of someone on the good side dying on everyone and it was a much better episode.

I'm glad to see Terminus but I hope they don't have it be Cannibals. It is way to obvious for it to be a trap. Daryl being a jerk is not fun. Can't wait for the Marauders to die and Terminus to fall so we can get to DC.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    9/10

1. Maggie/Glenn reunion
    2. Finding out Daryl was actually with the people who had a run-in with Rick
    3. The sweet moment between Rick/Michonne/Carl
    4. Abraham!!!! Enough said.
    5. Daryl not backing down and playing it smart

I took off a point because the previews were misleading. I want more Rick! One scene is NOT enough!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    (7/10)

Pretty good, nothing too amazing happened. It was a good setup for the season finale, I thought Glen burning the picture was pretty obvious foreshadowing that Maggie is going to die. I'm really liking Joe as a character and I'm hoping he sticks around for a while, though he's probably gonna bite the bullet next episode.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    I haven't seen it yet but reading everyone's comments here and during the show it sounds like several characters are set up for redemption deaths and I am so sick of that. I hope they don't go that route.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast