Thread: Tara = Aaron?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Tara = Aaron?

So I was wondering, wouldn't it be nice that Tara took the role of Aaron from the comics?
    It could be logical too right?

What do you guys think? Would it be a good idea or a bad one for the writers to go that route?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know who Aaron is

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Its a character in the Comics of The Walking Dead :)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    What's Aarons deal in the comics?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lasprings View Post
    What's Aarons deal in the comics?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefann15 View Post
    So I was wondering, wouldn't it be nice that Tara took the role of Aaron from the comics?
    It could be logical too right?

What do you guys think? Would it be a good idea or a bad one for the writers to go that route?
    If Tara is to take the place of Aaron, I'm throwing my fucking Flatscreen out my fucking window and then picking it up, tossing it off a cliff into the ocean and shooting at it several times with a revolver into it explodes (007:Goldeneye logic here.) I know a few have grown to like Tara and may think I'm being harsh, but no fuck that, Tara is a pandering to a Neanderthal male fanbase they think they can captivate and that gives them "color" to the homosexual community and a voice in a popular television show (I feel it as more of a slap to the face, to hetero or homo audiences alike.) Tara is not, will never be, and never has in my mind EVER been a substitute for Aaron and I'll be damn appalled and a little more than fucking pissed if she is to be his replacement, it's a total slap to the face of us fans of the GN. Does Tara know of and a scout of Alexandria and has been hiding this? I don't fucking think so. I don't like being insulted by a show insinuating that since I enjoy action, blood, zombies and manly shit, that I must like and love a lesbian character and that I would think that's hot. Fuck Tara, Maggie and Rosita are beautiful but Tara and her "Fan Favorite" character I see righty fucking through and will never forgive this of the shows writers or their direction for pushing that on us and assuming us males that watch the show are shallow fucks who will clamor to her. Give me fucking Aaron, give me fucking Jesus, give me a homosexual character that as a heterosexual male, I don't feel like is a safe route to take or slapped in the face and shallow by a writing team and network whose intentions I see way past on this bullshit excuse of a character. Tara will never ever fucking replace Aaron, that's my opinion on that!

- - - Updated - - -

"She helped Glenn!!"

shes a fucking follower, although she disagreed with the governor, she always has and will leave a nasty taste in my mouth even bleach can't cleanse.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Ofcourse, I respect your honest opinion. Though I still like her, nothing will change that. She is a good person.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I have to admit that when we first saw Tara I believed she might take Aaron's place because some think it's still more "socially acceptable" to show a lesbian on TV, but as the show has progressed I doubt it. The story lines are too far off. I'm not sure if Aaron will appear on the show or not, I hope he does.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    No replacing comic characters. Y'all know how I feel about Daryl replacing Tyreese and causing him to debut in the show way too late. Allen was a disgrace to his comic counterpart too. Aaron needs to be in the show, he is going through some good progression currently in the comics and I think it is pretty obvious he will end up with Jesus.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathanrise View Post
    If Tara is to take the place of Aaron, I'm throwing my fucking Flatscreen out my fucking window and then picking it up, tossing it off a cliff into the ocean and shooting at it several times with a revolver into it explodes (007:Goldeneye logic here.) I know a few have grown to like Tara and may think I'm being harsh, but no fuck that, Tara is a pandering to a Neanderthal male fanbase they think they can captivate and that gives them "color" to the homosexual community and a voice in a popular television show (I feel it as more of a slap to the face, to hetero or homo audiences alike.) Tara is not, will never be, and never has in my mind EVER been a substitute for Aaron and I'll be damn appalled and a little more than fucking pissed if she is to be his replacement, it's a total slap to the face of us fans of the GN. Does Tara know of and a scout of Alexandria and has been hiding this? I don't fucking think so. I don't like being insulted by a show insinuating that since I enjoy action, blood, zombies and manly shit, that I must like and love a lesbian character and that I would think that's hot. Fuck Tara, Maggie and Rosita are beautiful but Tara and her "Fan Favorite" character I see righty fucking through and will never forgive this of the shows writers or their direction for pushing that on us and assuming us males that watch the show are shallow fucks who will clamor to her. Give me fucking Aaron, give me fucking Jesus, give me a homosexual character that as a heterosexual male, I don't feel like is a safe route to take or slapped in the face and shallow by a writing team and network whose intentions I see way past on this bullshit excuse of a character. Tara will never ever fucking replace Aaron, that's my opinion on that!

- - - Updated - - -

"She helped Glenn!!"

shes a fucking follower, although she disagreed with the governor, she always has and will leave a nasty taste in my mouth even bleach can't cleanse.
    All of this minus anything bad said about Tara.

She's grown on me but if she replaces Aaron I am going purchase an expensive cat and I'm going to kick it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast