Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    I know what you mean. Norman does love the perversion and craziness. He's had fangirls who obviously go beyond boundaries, show up at his hotel room door but reports of it were overblown as well and they simply send them away. That's not to say people dont' act inappropriate either, but for the most part, they're alright. (Lol, now watch people lose their shit at HHW in March and I have to eat my words)
    Like this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6bu2f05YaY&t=22m1s
    CREEPY

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow, I actually think he's one of the most rounded and well developed character myself. Plus, he's not a GN character so it's a wide open field as to what they can do with him. He's not an extension of Merle as it is, and that's one of the things he's learned during Merle's absence and I think he'll continue to learn with Merle there and after Merle's gone.

Tell me, who do you see as more believable, in your opinion?

Almost everyone except Michonne! This guy rides around in the zombie apocalyspe on a hot-rod, with only a crossbow to defend himself. That ridiculous. Not only does that defy all common sense. It totally contradics the "elements of danger" established with the other characters throughout the series. It's like his character gets a different set of circumstances. Certain things that commonly happen to other characters, Never happen to Darryl. Simply because it would expose how unrealistic his character really is. Not to mention their inconsistant writing. For instance you never see Darryl get in a fight, or ambushed by a herd of walkers. Not even a "kill or be killed" situation like the "Dave and Toney" incident.
    1. It's already been established Darryl cant fight.

2.A crossbow is obviously worthless in an ambush. Hell, thats worst than a musket. And i don't know what makes them think it's beleivable for that thing penetrate a human skull. Thats worst than their guns having no recoil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cstrand View Post
    I love Daryl. Even if I didn't the OP still makes no sense.

What is unrealistic about Daryl? It's bad enough he has to make an unpopular point, but without proof?
    If I had to take a guess, the OP doesn't like Daryl's lack of emotion relative to the others. His lack of emotion is what makes him strong. It's what makes him a survivor. It's why he's by far the most popular character.

"As for Daryl should be next." You are aware that killing the most popular character will have some negative influence on the show? Even Mazarra said something along the lines of receiving hate mails for the cliffhanger from episode 8.
    I though every dies on this show? By diregarding that fact, you not only expose yourself as a "fanboy" sweet heart. You just proved my point. That the character gets special treatment. Not to mention you didnt answer the question asked. Because you know when Merle is gone Darryl will do what ge does every episode. Kill a squirrel. Lol And don't forget the corny "One-Liner"

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephon910 View Post
    Almost everyone except Michonne! This guy rides around in the zombie apocalyspe on a hot-rod, with only a crossbow to defend himself. That ridiculous. Not only does that defy all common sense. It totally contradics the "elements of danger" established with the other characters throughout the series. It's like his character gets a different set of circumstances. Certain things that commonly happen to other characters, Never happen to Darryl. Simply because it would expose how unrealistic his character really is. Not to mention their inconsistant writing. For instance you never see Darryl get in a fight, or ambushed by a herd of walkers. Not even a "kill or be killed" situation like the "Dave and Toney" incident.

2.A crossbow is obviously worthless in an ambush. Hell, thats worst than a musket. And i don't know what makes them think it's beleivable for that thing penetrate a human skull. Thats worst than their guns having no recoil.
    Seriously, riding a motorcycle and using a crossbow defies common sense? If anything, those items are ESSENTIAL AND EFFICIENT in an apocalyptic world. Two concerns with the group were/are gas and ammo. A motorcycle is fuel efficient and a crossbow has reusable bolts. This is absolutely appropriate survival skills. Oh wait, you probably think there's 7/11 gas stations on every corner so driving around in SUVs and trucks were logical? Or maybe an infinite ammo supply. Man that shit would be believable.

Daryl's weapon choice in the ambush was not just his crossbow. Did you not see the semi automatic assault rifle he was using for covering fire? Crossbows are very deadly weapons that are capable of penetrating flesh and bone with ease. It's also pretty obvious that the bodies of zombies have been illustrated to be significantly more fragile than a live person. Glenn stabbed a zombie ALLL THE WAY THROUGH THE SKULL with a wooden, DULL leg of an armchair, you're telling me a sharp metallic/wooden bolt designed to kill is less realistic than the former? Are you shitting me bro?

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

- - - Updated - - -

I though every dies on this show? By diregarding that fact, you not only expose yourself as a "fanboy" sweet heart. You just proved my point. That the character gets special treatment. Not to mention you didnt answer the question asked. Because you know when Merle is gone Darryl will do what ge does every episode. Kill a squirrel. Lol And don't forget the corny "One-Liner"
    The fuck did I just read? I'm sorry, but not a single cohesive argument was made that day. Hot rod and crossbow=unrealistic? WTF?

WTF? Me is confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Cstrand View Post

Seriously, riding a motorcycle and using a crossbow defies common sense? Are you delusional? If anything, those items are ESSENTIAL AND EFFICIENT in an apocalyptic world. Two concerns with the group were/are gas and ammo. A motorcycle is fuel efficient and a crossbow has reusable bolts. This is absolutely appropriate survival skills. Oh wait, you probably think there's 7/11 gas stations on every corner so driving around in SUVs and trucks were logical? Or maybe an infinite ammo supply. Man that shit would be believable.

Daryl's weapon choice in the ambush was not just his crossbow. Did you not see the semi automatic assault rifle he was using for covering fire? Crossbows are very deadly weapons that are capable of penetrating flesh and bone with ease. It's also pretty obvious that the bodies of zombies have been illustrated to be significantly more fragile than a live person. Glenn stabbed a zombie ALLL THE WAY THROUGH THE SKULL with a wooden, DULL leg of an armchair, you're telling me a sharp metallic/wooden bolt designed to kill is less realistic than the former? Are you shitting me bro?
    looooool made my day. u tell em
    Last edited by Taryn the Banned; January 6th, 2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Editing quote

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sweetheart, do you even comprehension? I disregarded no so-called "fact" and your question is irrelevant.
    Generally speaking, those that hate Daryl do not appreciate a real man.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I know what you mean. Norman does love the perversion and craziness. He's had fangirls who obviously go beyond boundaries, show up at his hotel room door but reports of it were overblown as well and they simply send them away. That's not to say people dont' act inappropriate either, but for the most part, they're alright. (Lol, now watch people lose their shit at HHW in March and I have to eat my words)
    What. Is HHW?

I also believe that he seems like a realistic character. I know people that are somewhat similar as far as skills, etc. Go.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level

- - - Updated - - -

I Just.... I cant... What the fuck???? Cross bows are quiet...Holy fuck I think I need to back to school to get some of the brain cells I lost reading that..........

Cstrand said it all..

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaphur View Post
    What. Is HHW?

I also believe that he seems like a realistic character. I know people that are somewhat similar as far as skills, etc. Go.
    Yes repping my man Daryl.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Can you imagine when Daryl's time is finally up, the poor guy that portrays the character that takes him out. The fans are gonna ruin his life.
    If it ever happens. ;) I personally think IF it does, he'll sacrifice his life for Rick. A fitting antithesis to Shane's death.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    The one thing I find a bit unbelievable with Daryl is the fact that at his age on the show he's never been in a physical relationship or had girlfriends. I understand Norman Reedus wanting to play Daryl as an abused child/teen who has emotional problems to this day even to the point where he recoils from Carol's touch. It's too much. It would be more believable if Daryl was younger, early 20's then yes, I could see how this could happen but not a guy as old as Norman Reedus. For me, I'd like to hear Daryl say he's been in relationships but like his childhood have always ended up abusive and have left a sour taste in his mouth so he's given up on any type of relationship so far since he's always made bad choices when it comes to women. The writers want to sell me that a guy like Daryl can't find some sweet Georgia peach to cuddle? Yeah. That's about the only thing I find that's off with Daryl, everything else seems fine.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast