Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

What purpose will Darryl serve to the show?

After Merle is gone? I hate that character. I feel like he's one dimensional, and he's only relevent because of Merle. After Merle goes Darryl should be next. His time is up. Similar to Shane, Lori, and T-dogg. It just pisses me off that they kill off so many good/beleivable characters only to keep the Darryl, and Michonne type b.s. Those two characters are so unrealistic its hard to watch sometimes. Like Michonne whopping the Phillip/The Guvna in a fist fight. Lol! I thought this show was a sifi-drama? Not Blade. So what do you think they will do with his charater?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow, I actually think he's one of the most rounded and well developed character myself. Plus, he's not a GN character so it's a wide open field as to what they can do with him. He's not an extension of Merle as it is, and that's one of the things he's learned during Merle's absence and I think he'll continue to learn with Merle there and after Merle's gone.

Tell me, who do you see as more believable, in your opinion?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with Ahrean. I'm not sure there is a more believable character on the show than Daryl Dixon.

I'm from Texas and there are several guys like Daryl - hunters, trackers, intelligent (even if it is in their own way), and tough. Is he superman? No, but is he a survivor? Yes.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephon910 View Post
    After Merle is gone? I hate that character. I feel like he's one dimensional, and he's only relevent because of Merle. After Merle goes Darryl should be next. His time is up. Similar to Shane, Lori, and T-dogg. It just pisses me off that they kill off so many good/beleivable characters only to keep the Darryl, and Michonne type b.s. Those two characters are so unrealistic its hard to watch sometimes. Like Michonne whopping the Phillip/The Guvna in a fist fight. Lol! I thought this show was a sifi-drama? Not Blade. So what do you think they will do with his charater?
    I find it kind of sad that you cant see all the dimensions and hard work that Norman Reedus puts in to Daryl, The fact that he inst a GN charatcer gives Reedus and the writters so much more of an open feild.... His character isnt all about Merle, Its about being a useful member of the group, he was an abused child, he is feeling mor eimportant now, Merle isnt his only relationship or development, He put in on himself to find Sophia, He is close with Rick, almost brothers, He loves that Baby, He has feelings towards Carol (Wether they be family, mother, sister, lover friendship--Saving an arguement, the fact of what their relationship is, the fact that he cares about her is undeniable.

Norman Reedus has put so much of his heart and soul, go back and rewatch these episodes... I hope you see it.

LONG LIVE DARYL...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrean View Post
    Wow, I actually think he's one of the most rounded and well developed character myself. Plus, he's not a GN character so it's a wide open field as to what they can do with him. He's not an extension of Merle as it is, and that's one of the things he's learned during Merle's absence and I think he'll continue to learn with Merle there and after Merle's gone.

Tell me, who do you see as more believable, in your opinion?
    ITA..... Daryl's character has had the best development of them all and NR rocks as Daryl.... Once Merle is gone and Daryl finally deals with the final noose around his neck, whether it be good or bad for Merle, Daryl can go in so many different directions.....and NR will make it awesome to watch....

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mrskaz View Post
    ITA..... Daryl's character has had the best development of them all and NR rocks as Daryl.... Once Merle is gone and Daryl finally deals with the final noose around his neck, whether it be good or bad for Merle, Daryl can go in so many different directions.....and NR will make it awesome to watch....

Part of what I love about Daryl is Norman Reedus has a big say on what happens to him.. He didnt want to do the drug scene, so they cut it, They didnt want him to know how to express feelings so he is awkward as fuck. Its not a perk for Norman Reedus, to be able to chose, it would be hard, if i chose this, well they wont like it... The fact that he didnt want Daryl to do the drug scene, just the SHEER FACT outside the show, makes it so hard to believe someone would think he is one demensional, if they wanted him to be a straight cut character, then he would have done the drugs, and even left the gorup.. its his commitment and dedication to this character, that anyone who will sit down and watch a 5 minute youtube video on him talking about it can see.. If you cant already see it on the show..

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I have been a big Daryl Dixon fan since Tell It To The Frogs because this is one of the VERY RARE times Hollywood has done "the country boy" character right.
    No stupid, condecending, retarded stereotyping.
    Just a guy who is not conventionally educated, but a long way from being dumb.
    And a major reason why the group has not starved to death.
    The group needs him a lot more than he needs them.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa78 View Post
    I have been a big Daryl Dixon fan since Tell It To The Frogs because this is one of the VERY RARE times Hollywood has done "the country boy" character right.
    I respectfully disagree with the end of that

He needs them to fill different voids.

Reedus has said this himself

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephon910 View Post
    Do you even logic?
    Bro, get off Daryl's Dick. Only you would speak about the alpha-dawg in such a manner.
    Last edited by Taryn the Banned; January 5th, 2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: flaming

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LLCAD View Post
    I respectfully disagree with the end of that

He needs them to fill different voids.

Reedus has said this himself
    I think Daryl needs the group on different levels and the group needs him on different levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cstrand View Post
    Do you even logic?
    Bro, get off Daryl's Dick. Only you would speak about the alpha-dawg in such a manner.
    Okie dokie, let's play nice here.
    Last edited by Taryn the Banned; January 5th, 2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: editing quoted post

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast