Thread: Z Files

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Z Files

so i'm thinking about releasing some zombie short stories every sunday up till the new episodes start. i was thinking it might help confine the urges some people are having. i know i need my walking dead fix its been far to long. the thing is since i'm going to write little mini stories i thought it would be cool if people gave me some input week to week and i could add it into the next story. i'm going to try and connect them all together sort of inner link them like a nonlinear story. all i'd need is your characters name and brief background (age, job, ect). then ill add them into the next story(s), depending on how many people get into this i guess. here's a little prologue followed up by the first addition.

Nobody really knew what to call it; some called it “the disease,” others called it “the sickness,” few called it “the healing.” Nobody knows what caused this pandemic, some blame the government, some say that they are trying to rid the world of us all. Some others blamed the North Koreans and their new attempt to take over. All over the world these undead monsters are everywhere, taken over every city, town, and even the non-rural areas, even the areas with great armies and battalions. Even the most innocent of countries have been taken over. It seems no one was safe. The dead are starting to rise again. The first reports said it was a virus from the Cuba but no one knows for sure. Flights canceled, harbors closed, interstate road blocks, yet it still spread. Few safe zones were broadcasted. People have tried to stop this, they've bordered off entire cities only to enclose themselves with what they were trying to prevent. Before the radios and television feeds went down reports where that the Japanese were on the verge of finding a cure and the only way you could stop these hordes of people is destroying the brain...

Here I am, sitting in this small apartment with my little brother, the door locked. My brother is sleeping on the bed, that sounds good right now, but somebody has to keep watch. I’m sitting trying to meditate, but there’s too much going on right now in order too. It seems like only yesterday when I first saw it on the news. I couldn't believe it, people eating each other it was something out of a movie. Authorities didn't know what it was at first some type of virus, a plague. Personally, I didn't know what to call it, for me it was just ruining my life, my parents are dead because of it, I can’t go anywhere without the smell of death, and to top it off, I have to care for my nine year old brother. All I know is that before this all happened, my life was great and now it’s just falling apart. I don’t know who to put the blamed on. Reports said North Korea released a dirty bomb that poisoned the air, but this is just too extreme for that possibility. I even heard that Korea is taken over as well. I've seen defenses burned to the ground by these creatures that have caught fire and just kept coming. I've seen an entire clip of an AK-47 loaded into one of these bodies’s, but it kept coming, acting like nothing was happening. I've seen priests and other holy men try to bless these lifeless beings, only to be surrounded, then torn and eaten alive. No matter what, I could never forget those ear-piercing screams that have been engraved in my mind. All this happening and loss of hope has driven me to thoughts of suicide, but then I’d leave my brother alone and helpless to these terrible monsters.

I start to meditate again, and just when my mind clears, I remember my family’s death. It’s what makes me hate these undead creatures. We were driving down a highway trying to make it to the coast when we came to a stop because of empty cars blocking the way. My oldest brother Tony stepped out of our RV to find a clear path when a mob of those creatures appeared out of the corner of my eye. I don't know where they came from if they saw us coming, could smell us, or if they were in the cars. They started lurching toward Tony scratching and biting. My father, who was driving, stepped on the gas and tried to plow through them to reach him but one broke through the windshield, letting even more in. They started yelling at me to get my brother and get out and I did as I was told. I grabbed my brother and ran out through the back door. Upon landing I twisted my ankle, but I grabbed my brother along side me and ran off. We made it off to the side of the road through the underbrush and as I looked back the last thing I saw was the RV smothered in undead corpses. My mother being pulled out of the door by her arms as they were torn off and her scalp being ripped open. The dreadful screams of excruciating pain. My brother and I ran never stopping till we reached some place safe to hide. Luckily, this was the first one we came to. How we got to this apartment without being spotted, I’ll never know.

After reliving this horrible ordeal, I came back to consciousness with a couple tears in my eyes. I decided I would look around the apartment a bit to search for useful objects. It wasn't a big apartment, just enough for a bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Not wanting to wake my brother up I searched the kitchen first for food. I found that the fridge had been out for a week now so any food in there was out of the question. I did happen to find canned goods, fruit and vegetables mainly. Looking for a can opener I found a large knife I could use for defense. Walking back into the bedroom I searched for other items I could use. I found a pistol, already loaded with three shots, and found an extra nine shots for it. I knew that this wasn't going to be enough. Lastly, I searched the bathroom, but after immediately going in I regretted it. There was a girl lying in the bathtub with bite marks all over her body. She had committed suicide by shooting her head off with a shotgun, probably not wanting to become one of them. I exited as quickly as possible and walked outside onto the balcony to rid of this smell of death.

Upon exiting the apartment I inhaled a whole lungful of air only to find that it wasn't fresh air, but more of that smell of death, coughing and gagging I regained control of myself. I sat outside for a couple minutes and heard this moan. I listened some more and I could hear some shuffling and that moan some more, and I could hear this groan more distinctive because I could hear it very clearly. Sitting for one more moment I heard that it was above me and below me at the same time. I looked down first to see a half eaten corpse reaching up towards me along with two more corpses hitting the glass door behind it trying to reach me. Then looking up I saw another one, just one this time. It was a younger male haft his face missing. I wondered how he was able to get away to even become one of them. I saw him lean over the rail and fall. I stepped back and watched him fall past my face and get his leg caught in the railing. After his leg hit there was this terrible snap and weird pop. His leg then became detached from his body, while he kept falling, and falling. He fell four stories before becoming impaled on the fence that surrounded the building. After this all his inside’s came out and became entangled to the top of the fence while his body kept sinking down into the fence. Even after all this he was still reaching towards me, as if he was still trying to reach me. This caused quite a stir and soon after there was a shatter above and below me. The undead were piling onto the balconies above and below, they were falling from the upper balconies like a never ending waterfall of undead corpses and miscellaneous body parts. I ran inside only to find the door hanging open and these creatures pouring in. SHIT! Did I not lock the door? How tied am I? Did he unlock it? The room my brothers in was filled and emanating from the room was the sound of tearing and that terrifying scream. I brought out my gun to shoot them. I shot the three bullets already in it, resulting in two head shots and one body shot. I had to reload fast because now they were coming after me. I knew my brother was dead so I backed up onto the balcony shooting as I backed away. I shot eight shots then nine then click… I realized that I was out of bullets, I was cornered, and those undead nightmares just kept coming towards me...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    love it! i cant wait for more. ill give u my opinion. i need my fix

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Sounds great so far!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Good start keep it up

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Holy crap! This is great so far!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    hey thanks everyone! ill post anther file next week so if you wanna give me suggestions or new characters to add let me know.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
    hey thanks everyone! ill post anther file next week so if you wanna give me suggestions or new characters to add let me know.
    Have characters with iconic weapons for example in my fic i have a chracter with a sniper one with a shotgun one with knuckle dusters and one with martial arts weapons, maybe i think you should have a character with something badass like a warhammer, crossbow or chainsaw . i am going to be adding more iconic characters to mine as well but that's underwraps for later in my fic. great work so far but one a week is a long wait maybe do like 2 a week by writing one every few days but its up to you hope you carry on improving your story

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    So you're gonna make us wait an entire week like the real Walking Dead? lol

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    yeah that was the idea kindof like a mini series, give you something to look forward to every Sunday. I've thought about doing two a week but I just don't have enough time to fully commit to it like I want to. so each Sunday a new one with different characters and inner locking stories will be posted.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This is great!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast