Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    I have to say that Live Bait was my least favorite episode of season 4. It was a complete waste of time and served no purpose to the overall story at all. Nobody was ever going to buy into the governor wanting to change and be a better person. The man was nuts and everyone knew he was going to end up right back at the prison trying to kill them. They would have done better to just have one governor centric episode that focused on him taking over Martinez's group and convincing them to help him attack the prison. Lily, Megan, and Tara could already have been part of that group.

Indifference is a close second to least favorite because the Carol they presented here was a total stranger and completely unlikable as a character. I had no sympathy for this stranger and came to hate her by the end of the episode. I think of this character as Shandrol because they gave her all the worst traits of Shane and Andrea without any redeeming qualities at all. Shandrol can die in all the fires and bring back the real Carol Peletier please. Thankfully, The Grove indicates that the real Carol Peletier is returning.

Inmates and Still both suffered from structural issues. I like the general story and character development for both, but they really needed to focus on two groups per episode. Trying to cram four groups into Inmates made it feel very rushed and disjointed because there was too much going on to really devote enough time to each group's story and character development. Having only one group in Still made it feel very slow and there wasn't enough story for 42 minutes. It would have been better if Inmates had focused on Maggie/Sasha/Bob and Glenn/Tara/Abe's group while Still focused on Tyreese/Kids/Carol and Dary/Beth. That would allow for more even pacing and adequate time for each group's story and character development.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Romanov View Post

I didn't care for Rick. They were all alone through the road and lost the prison, but it was his fault. He knew what The Governor was capable of. The Gov gave to Rick the chance for him to leave with all his people. What he said? Nope. The Gov had a sword in Hershel's neck. So what? He thought that a reflective message would change The Gov's mind? He could have saved Hershel. He could have saved almost everyone in the prison, if he just accepted the fact that he wasn't in charge of the situation. And he didn't.
    In Rick's defense, it wasn't his fault that the prison was lost. He probably knew that the Governor would probably have them killed with a tank if they tried to leave. I also believe that Rick knew his reflective message would change his mind. He was just using that to stall for time and give everyone a chance to ready their weapons.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    In Rick's defense, it wasn't his fault that the prison was lost. He probably knew that the Governor would probably have them killed with a tank if they tried to leave. I also believe that Rick knew his reflective message would change his mind. He was just using that to stall for time and give everyone a chance to ready their weapons.
    Maybe my opinion was kind of "off topic", but I see your point and I understand it. No matter how risky any decision could be in that moment, your defense is possible. As mine. But with all these things happening during and after Too Far Gone, that's the feeling I got with this episode: "I didn't care for Rick". The world, before or after a zombie apocalypse, is made by decisions. Some will agree with them, some will not. If Hershel got killed right after his decision, although, they haven't lost the prison and killed The Gov & co., right after all the shit, he probrably would be questioned. But everything is just theory.

So, with all those things happening in Too Far Gone, "After" don't gave me "good feelings" about him. And those negative feelings made this episode one of the worst for me. I could easily skip it, because I was more worried about the others. And not everybody has to agree 100% with someone. In real life, it almost never happens. But I guess we will have time to see it, if I remember correctly, there's a moment in the GN that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Again, sorry for being "off topic", just don't wanted to let you without a reply.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Still was my least favorite. No plot and a complete waste of an hour. It's followed closely by the two governor eps.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Still. I honestly wanted my mind erased after that. An hour of my life gone. And I love Daryl.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    "Still" wins this by a long shot. I'm in the unpopular opinions crowd that enjoyed the Gov's episodes (even though they could've been cut short). Still, even though there was development in the last 10 minutes, is really all it should've been. 10 minutes of Daryl/Beth and some other group.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    "Still" for me too. It's really a shame because Norman did some pretty decent acting in that episode. The premise, though, was incredibly silly and did nothing to advance the plot. As for character development, we learned nothing about Daryl or Beth that we didn't already know or couldn't have reasonably inferred.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder walkingdeadrules's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Easily "Still" as the worst. I voted first, as I thought it was clear and I'm glad more than 50% of the people agreed. Big mistake having an entire episode focused on two characters whose primary focus was for the underage girl to get drunk. Though I must admit the two episodes with a lot of Beth got her some fans, something she didn't really seem to have before. But for me, easily the episode I enjoyed the least and the only one I ranked under a 5 in the polls. I guess since I'm a huge fan of David Morrissey's acting, and I thought the girl who played Lilly and her daughter were pretty good(I grew to like Tara, but not in those two episodes like many) those two shows were good to me. The shocker of Martinez's death, and seeing Kirk Acevedo who is another great actor made it all good tv for me, though admittedly not as good as some other episodes.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    It's awesome how the majority of people agree on the best and worst episodes. We are all TWD geniuses!

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post
    This may be unpopular opinion, but I think all of the episodes served a purpose. The Governor's stand alone introduced us to Tara, Lily, and Megan, and gave us some closure to what happened to the Gov's henchmen Shumpert and Martinez. The Still episode allow Daryl to open up more about his life, even though we figured out much beforehand. So for me some episodes were slow, but connected somehow, maybe in season 5 it will come together :)
    I share your opinion - all of them served a purpose - some were less appealing than others but they were all good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast