Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Some believe Carl is hiding a gun in his hat i think if they were going to make Carl hide anything he would have a knife tape under his hat. A gun would not be able to balance on his head and running would be impossible. Remember they never check his hat. If they were smart they would because the were always spectacle of the termites.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    maybe he just wanted to check out carl's booty too :toll:

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I posted my theory in more detail in another thread (http://spoilthedead.com/forum/showth...ht=#post364324) but I think Gareth was reluctant to send Carl in there, as he's a kid. Notice the way he said "go, kid," seemingly with a little more gentleness than the way he was addressing the others, he didn't give Carl a dehumanising nickname... I think there is more to the Termites than meets the eye, and perhaps they're the ones being manipulated.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetter View Post
    Ahem... he was...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe that slowed his pace a bit.
    Almost raped, I don't thing pedo dan got much of anything car still had his pants. Never the less still pretty traumatic.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Did anyone notice how in the beginning flashback Hershel tells rick to he won't need his weapon it'll just get in the way. Than at terminus before there captured. The flashback is rick telling Carl to come with him leave his wrapping. It'll just get in the way. Thought it was a strange choice of words.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    Did anyone see the Hollywood Reporter article that describes how the way the four were led towards the boxcar (cattle car?) - and specifically the order of entry - almost exactly mirrored how cattle are led to slaughter? The calves (Carl?) are sent behind the adults. It's an interesting read and, in my mind, only serves to reinforce the cannibal theory.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Level
    A couple of snippets on recommendations when it comes to cattle handling/transport (howstuffworks, Wikipedia, etc). I thought these were interesting as I saw parallels with the Terminus scenes:

"Handlers must always stay alert and have an established escape route in case a situation suddenly gets out of hand."

"It's also important not to sneak up behind animals in general because this can cause them to panic. When it comes to transporting livestock, great attention must be paid to how the animals are approached and confined. Most don't mind being in close contact with familiar herd mates -- and often prefer it -- since it's how they typically exist in nature." (One theory as to why they were grouped with Glenn and company?)

"Precondition animals that are accustomed to isolated range and pasture to thepresence of people. This is one of the ways to reduce transport stress that mayprevent weight loss. The stock will be easier to handle and more willing to enterstrange environments once they are acclimated to people." (Thus the friendly welcome wagon area at Terminus?)

"Properly designed loading facilities (pens, alleyways, ramps, etc., in areas where animalsare grouped for loading) enhance efficiency of livestock transport by minimizing stress,preventing injury to animals, and making loading quick and easy. Important design considerations prevent injury to stock and facilitate loading by taking advantage ofanimals' natural behavior."

"Cattle loading chutes should be narrow so that animals can go single file into atruck. This takes advantage of cattle's natural tendency to follow a leader." (Rick first!)

"Handling animals in an easy and friendly manner will minimize stress." (Perhaps why Alex attempted to calm the situation?)

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Rick is the kind that would stand up and try to get anyone to fight with him. So they could have thrown Rick in with any group, but any old group would know exactly what was happening and Glenn's probably wouldn't if they were picking people off. We saw them all in the same car alive and looking displeased but well.
    On topic, though I think Carl was last into the car for a few possible reasons.
    Maybe they were going to kill him. Maybe they were going to let Carl just join the termites since he's still a kid and didn't want to lock him away but Rick wasn't going in without him. Or they preplanned that any kids should be left behind as leverage and then placed in last or maybe not at all.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    he was making sure that they didn't do something stupid to protect carl

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    So he could control Rick. But I honest to god thought Carl was gonna die or get shot and injured. My heart actually started racing...I really thought he was gonna kill him. It's like that entire scene was in slow motion. It felt like hours before he got up to Rick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast