Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm done with reality shows like Big Brother and Secret Story. They're bullshit. Idk how it works in America or wherever those shows are broadcasted, but in Portugal there are just a bunch of imature people fighting over nothing inside of a house during 4 months straight. The worse part is all that is real, which scares the crap out of me. So much stupid drama.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    @twdfann1, reality shows are the same in the U.S. I do still enjoy Survivor, primarily for the scenery. I've known a few of the contestants on both Survivor and The Amazing Race and the "reality" that is shown is heavily edited.

Big Brother, of course, can be viewed online 24 hours a day so viewers get to see what actually happens in real time, rather than the heavily edited version. The contestants are typically young attractive idiots. Several American BB contestants have ended up in prison for various felonies (including one winner for conspiring to distribute drugs), as has a Survivor winner (tax evasion). There have also been some suicides among various reality contestants, along with murders and overdoses.

It seems once their 15 minutes of fame is over, many of the contestants make poor choices in life. Hopefully, in Portugal, you do not have to suffer through The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, the absolute worst of the reality shows. I believe in 25 or so seasons ending in engagements, there have been 3 marriages and the same contestants get recycled into the Bachelor Pad spinoff so we get to see the idiots again. The contestants are so stupid that I can't even watch those shows or care who "wins" since they get nothing other than an engagement that leads nowhere. The highlight of these shows for me was the season they caught one of The Bachelor contestants having an affair with one of the camera men.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Level
    Nope, so-called reality shows are all pretty much scripted.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Level
    I feel like every single so called "reality show" is scripted now. I've lost my faith in them as well.
    But sometimes when I feel stressed, I wanna watch old reality shows like the Girls Next Door. I don't know why but I still like watching that show every once in a while :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123