Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    I hope not. I want to see Rosita grow into her own role within the group as a strong person. Carol in the GN was always a fairly weak and dependent person so her simply giving up kind of made sense. Rosita shows no sings of being the same and having her suffer GN Carol's death would simply diminish her character in my eyes.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    GN Carol's arc was ridiculous. Let's not have that on TV...ever. Let Beth's suicide attempt in season 2 be the closest thing we ever get to it.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catche Jagger View Post
    I hope not. I want to see Rosita grow into her own role within the group as a strong person. Carol in the GN was always a fairly weak and dependent person so her simply giving up kind of made sense. Rosita shows no sings of being the same and having her suffer GN Carol's death would simply diminish her character in my eyes.
    Exactly. She doesn't show signs of this at all. Having her receive the arc that the Carol of the GN had, would be messed (and probably a little OOC).

Quote Originally Posted by day dreamer View Post
    GN Carol's arc was ridiculous. Let's not have that on TV...ever. Let Beth's suicide attempt in season 2 be the closest thing we ever get to it.
    Agreed. At this point, we've beaten the horse of suicide to death on this show. Let's leave it alone for a while.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm really liking Rosita this season. She didn't blow me away with her first appearance which was as bland as rice cakes. She looked like a propped up mannequin, but I'm liking the feisty latina vibe.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    I really don't want Rosita to be reduced to that. I also don't want a cheating arc because we had to deal with the Lori/Shane thing coming into the show and four seasons later still don't fail to mention it.

Maybe I'm bad for this but I much prefer seeing people drop their sanity like a hot potato than lose themselves over a cheating spouse/significant other.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by chartlesaur View Post
    I really don't want Rosita to be reduced to that. I also don't want a cheating arc because we had to deal with the Lori/Shane thing coming into the show and four seasons later still don't fail to mention it.

Maybe I'm bad for this but I much prefer seeing people drop their sanity like a hot potato than lose themselves over a cheating spouse/significant other.

But realistically you can read a newspaper in real life about a person killing themselves over an significant other. It's sad but true. I said this already but I really wanted to talk to you about your sig which is fucking awesome.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Was just about to start a Rosita thread asking some questions about her since I know so little and then I saw this. So I figured I'd revive it.

From when I first saw her, I really wasn't impressed. It was sort of an eye roll. Another woman on TWD that is eye candy / man candy for the male characters on the show with probably little substance of her own. The pigtails, the midriffs, the shaved legs...priorities priorities in the ZA. Sigh. I just hope this doesn't remain the case.

I'm very much in agreement with the other posters here. I don't want her to follow a path of suicide. It is a weak story line and has already been addressed on certain levels in the show. If anything and there truly is to be another suicide attempt on the show, I want it to come from a male character. I'm, personally, just sick and tired of women being written emotionally distraught and weak. I don't read the comic, I stopped a while ago, but every time someone talks about suicide, it seems to be another woman killing herself.

As for Rosita, tptb seemed to go to great lengths to make sure she had the same appearance as her GN counterpart, now I'm wondering about her personality. Although we've just met the characters, I'm really liking Abe. I am *hoping* Rosita takes on this persona of a tough girl who can hold her own in a fight, look good while doing it (I know that doesn't hurt, the lady fans have the 3 Amigos on the show, so...lol), and doesn't need a man or a crutch for emotional support. That's my Rosita Wishlist.

From what I understand, Carol is very different from her GN counterpart, so I'm hoping the same will be true for Rosita. The show needs more strong women and more stable men. I really like the diversity of characters we have so far, but there's still and always room for improvement...

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    I REALLYYY hate Carol's GN arc. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone on the show, seeing as Beth already took her wrist slitting plot, but it looks like Tara might be the victim of the loneliness=suicide Carol GN death,*eternally facepalming at the writers for that bs plot if that happens* but it did occur to me that there's something in the GN I forgot about suicide that should actually be coming up soon in the plot of S5
    Spoiler Spoiler:

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Level
    I like this fierce chica, and I want her to survive and thrive. Success is the best revenge!

I wonder if she'll end up with Eugene? I'm not really feeling that because of his creepy voyeur vibe. Plus he was into Tara mostly. Maybe Spencer or Heath? Actually it would be great to see her develop a close female friendship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12