Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    But, who's gonna watch Judith? I want Carol away from Judith as soon as she drops her off to Rick!

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Dont Call it a Comeback blackjackandcoke88's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Level
    What's sad is how true it is. If I wanted to watch a teen drama, i'd go get The OC on DVD again.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't want anyone dead but I will give you anything for Bethyl to get shot down HARD. Like they barealy noticing each other if they ever get reunited. That's all I ask for their relationship to be what it was before sort of awkward distant family member. For the love of god.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    I don't want anyone dead but I will give you anything for Bethyl to get shot down HARD. Like they barealy noticing each other if they ever get reunited. That's all I ask for their relationship to be what it was before sort of awkward distant family member. For the love of god.
    If they have Beth go in for another giant attack hug like in Still, I will laugh as I cry inside, lol. This show, I swear...

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    EK is what we call in acting a talent sucker. She brings nothing to the table acting wise, so you have to find a way to make the scene work knowing you will get nothing from the actor in return. If you are not a strong enough actor, the scene goes to hell because neither one is strong enough to fix it. If you are a strong actor, you have to be careful how you play the scene, because you could end up overacting to cover up for the other person. Or if you play it correctly, it could still look like overacting because the other person is giving you nothing so both of the actors look incompetent.

Unfortunately, I think this is what happened to NR during those episodes. He had a few good moments, but they were quickly ruined by EK's lack of ability. It's so true that NR improves when he is able to feed off of stronger actors (Rooker/MMB). But if you play him off of someone like EK's, it is the blind leading the blind.

Even when NR is not in his best acting form, his charisma carries him. He has a natural "it" factor to him, but EK does not have this at all. She is not someone you remember and this has been the problem with the character. Oscar and Axel who were only in half a season made more of an impact than Beth. I actually was more interested in Big Tiny during his one brief episode than Beth. That really says something...

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthawalker View Post
    If they have Beth go in for another giant attack hug like in Still, I will laugh as I cry inside, lol. This show, I swear...
    That would be hard on the Rickyl shippers.

NR refused a frontal hug with Beth. Can you imagine? The horror. Was that Daryl's first hug on the show? He only craddled Carol when Sophia died,let Merle swing his arm around him and patted Rick's tummy affectionally a few times? Or am I forgetting something?

Edit: I actually forgot she hugged him twice. Urgh.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallerFries View Post
    EK is what we call in acting a talent sucker. She brings nothing to the table acting wise, so you have to find a way to make the scene work knowing you will get nothing from the actor in return. If you are not a strong enough actor, the scene goes to hell because neither one is strong enough to fix it. If you are a strong actor, you have to be careful how you play the scene, because you could end up overacting to cover up for the other person. Or if you play it correctly, it could still look like overacting because the other person is giving you nothing so both of the actors look incompetent.

Unfortunately, I think this is what happened to NR during those episodes. He had a few good moments, but they were quickly ruined by EK's lack of ability. It's so true that NR improves when he is able to feed off of stronger actors (Rooker/MMB). But if you play him off of someone like EK's, it is the blind leading the blind.

Even when NR is not in his best acting form, his charisma carries him. He has a natural "it" factor to him, but EK does not have this at all. She is not someone you remember and this has been the problem with the character. Oscar and Axel who were only in half a season made more of an impact than Beth. I actually was more interested in Big Tiny during his one brief episode than Beth. That really says something...
    This just reinforces the idea that Beth was miscast. If they had just casted someone else as Beth, she would have been much more tolerable.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cap1028 View Post
    But, who's gonna watch Judith? I want Carol away from Judith as soon as she drops her off to Rick!
    Crazy thought...maybe Rick could watch his own kid once in a while!

I don't like how she's always foisted off onto the women. But I LOVED how they grouped Tyreese up with the kids and Judith. Absolutely loved it. It's about damn time a man in the show took care of some kids. And he was so perfect in those scenes.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Caryler View Post
    Crazy thought...maybe Rick could watch his own kid once in a while!

I don't like how she's always foisted off onto the women. But I LOVED how they grouped Tyreese up with the kids and Judith. Absolutely loved it. It's about damn time a man in the show took care of some kids. And he was so perfect in those scenes.
    Oh I wish. But the kid is probably not even his anyway.
    Yeah, I totally agree. Tyreese with the kids was adorbs, but if Carol hadn't showed up he wouldn't be able to keep them alive. He obviously had no idea how to deal with the kids and the baby. But I guess taking care of the children is not exactly what is considered a "man job," so the women are most likely to get stuck taking care of them. Sad.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    They kill everyone's moms and the moms' kids but they quickly replace them. Beth caring for Judith. Carol with whatever blond cute girls they want dead. Michonne and Carl. Maggie wants to get pregnant. Every woman likes babies and being a mom come on. Next Bosha's baby? lol

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast