Mentioned
    446 Post(s)

2. Back To Top    #712
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    If I could like a thousand times, I would.

3. Back To Top    #713
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argent Gale View Post
    Did anybody see this? Has this been mentioned here? I apologize if it has:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/16...e-for-romance/

Over and over it's been stated that Bethyl just ain't happening. Why can't they accept it? I know there is trolling, but I don't think anybody has come out and flat out said Caryl isn't happening. Or am I wrong?
    No you hit the nail right on the head. But the other side seems to ignore all the evidence saying it isn't happening and blindly cling to the tiny bits of evidence (NR's comments, RK "ambiguous never say never" bs) that support that Bethyl will happen. It's ridiculous. I hate that they are pandering to a small audience despite the large audience's qualms against it.

4. Back To Top    #714
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjackandcoke88 View Post
    Caryl poached all the creative people. I also heard there was possible ripping off of a Caryl fanfiction as well, which makes my writer's heart rage.
    The plagiarism and scumbag-like immaturity continues...

5. Back To Top    #715
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    When I logged on this morning i was 100% certain we'd have a new thread in the Relationships sections being all like, "Gimple said Daryl will find romantic love!! Bethyl. vs Caryl anyone?"

I am calling it though. It will happen.

6. Back To Top    #716
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by snakesandlattes View Post
    When I logged on this morning i was 100% certain we'd have a new thread in the Relationships sections being all like, "Gimple said Daryl will find romantic love!! Bethyl. vs Caryl anyone?"

I am calling it though. It will happen.
    I'm just shocked no one made a new poll already...

7. Back To Top    #717
    Status
    Dont Call it a Comeback blackjackandcoke88's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJacko View Post

The plagiarism and scumbag-like immaturity continues...
    It really is a scumbag move! Plagiarizing art and written work is a dick move, no matter what the circumstances.

8. Back To Top    #718
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow, I see the Daryl/Beth nonsense has really been turned up to 11 lately! Can both of these characters die already please!

It should go without saying but Beth is beyond useless and I fear her completely separate storyline will take away screen time from the Terminus arc and the many, many other characters who deserve it, which is really every single other character except Beth! And Daryl absolutely needs to die soon, like this next half season please. The incessant popularity around Daryl is becoming problematic as it is starting to overwhelm the general conversation about the show itself.

The shipping wars are getting out of control and every recent article or interview about the show, even if it didn't start out on that subject has to end up being about stupid Daryl and now because of one really horrible episode, stupid Beth as well. It seems like if any of the cast or crew gets interviewed these days most of the questions they get are about Daryl or Daryl/Beth which of course get answered politely because the cast and crew are very passionate about the show and their co-stars but then their answers create a dozen more articles about Daryl and/or Beth. Just because Daryl shares screen time with a character doesn't mean it has to devolve into this ridiculous relationship nonsense every single time or be all about Daryl and only about Daryl. I realize there is not really anything to discuss in between seasons and before filming begins but the Deth ship should not be the central topic surrounding this show right now.

I've never really thought that Daryl is even the type of character to get into a romantic relationship but if it was going to happen by now (4 full seasons in) it probably would of happened with Carol and I am not even a Caryler, I couldn't care less about that ship either but there is at least a strong foundation over several seasons for that relationship and it is potentially understandable and logical, unlike Daryl and Beth. They are not the main characters of this show and they never ever will be. They are not going to have a baby(?). They are not going to be the next Glenn/Maggie type couple or take any other characters iconic moments from the comic books...unless hopefully it's a death scene, any death scene, just die already really. Beth is not going to single handedly save everyone at Terminus because she had like a day of weapons/tracking training and wore Carl's hat for about 30 seconds. Then there is the age thing which should speak for itself and Daryl was pretty much a friend of Beth's father so that would be weird, actually Daryl is old enough to be her father. Oh, and the Death Star blew up not once but TWICE! The Empire didn't exactly have a happy ending, they kinda all died, so how did that become a Deth shipper thing? Some of this stuff is incomprehensible to me and it seems like the die hard Daryl and Beth fandom is watching a completely different show than I am because I don't see it at all.

When Beth's kidnapping storyline gets resolved and if she gets reunited with the rest of the group, it's not ever going to be some grand, sweeping romantic moment between her and Daryl. It's most likely to be a Beth/Maggie moment if anything at all because their actual and real relationship was neglected in 4B and because they have the whole their father got brutality murdered in front of their eyes and they haven't even been able to process that yet thing. It will not be romantic Beth/Daryl thing ever because that doesn't nor will it probably ever exist in the reality of The Walking Dead because that is not who these characters are going to be and it's not the type of story these writers are ever going to tell with this particular pair.

This turned into a little bit of a rant but I haven't really been around here too much lately so I've been reading through threads and catching up and I don't even regularly read or venture into the relationship threads but the pro-Deth crap is absolutely everywhere now and it's becoming unavoidable.

9. Back To Top    #719
    Status
    Appetite for Destruction FallenSaint's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by snakesandlattes View Post
    No you hit the nail right on the head. But the other side seems to ignore all the evidence saying it isn't happening and blindly cling to the tiny bits of evidence (NR's comments, RK "ambiguous never say never" bs) that support that Bethyl will happen. It's ridiculous. I hate that they are pandering to a small audience despite the large audience's qualms against it.
    They say that EK is all for it too. I've read multiple interviews with her and I certainly never got that impression. She doesn't come right out and answer the question. She says Daryl and Beth have gotten very close and care for one another. Well, NR and MMB and multiple others have said the same thing about Carol and Daryl but the Deth Eaters always argue that it's nothing more than friendship... Soooo, what makes Daryl and Beth's "bond" romantic? One ambiguous scene?? ARGGH.

When I first joined this forum, I said shipping Bethyl was harmless. But I have since learned the error of my ways. Giving people brain tumors and hypertension with their ridiculous interpretations is hardly harmless!

10. Back To Top    #720
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by m.roth View Post
    Wow, I see the Daryl/Beth nonsense has really been turned up to 11 lately! Can both of these characters die already please!

It should go without saying but Beth is beyond useless and I fear her completely separate storyline will take away screen time from the Terminus arc and the many, many other characters who deserve it, which is really every single other character except Beth! And Daryl absolutely needs to die soon as well, like this next half season please. The incessant popularity around Daryl is becoming problematic as it is starting to overwhelm the general conversation about the show itself.

The shipping wars are getting out of control and every recent article or interview about the show, even if it didn't start out on that subject has to end up being about stupid Daryl and now because of one really horrible episode, stupid Beth as well. It seems like if any of the cast or crew gets interviewed these days most of the questions they get are about Daryl or Daryl/Beth which of course get answered politely because the cast and crew are very passionate about the show and their co-stars but then their answers create a dozen more articles about Daryl and/or Beth. Just because Daryl shares screen time with a character doesn't mean it has to devolve into this ridiculous relationship nonsense every single time or be all about Daryl and only about Daryl. I realize there is not really anything to discuss in between seasons and before filming begins but the Deth ship should not be the central topic surrounding this show right now.

I've never really thought that Daryl is even the type of character to get into a romantic relationship but if it was going to happen by now (4 full seasons in) it probably would of happened with Carol and I am not even a Caryler, I couldn't care less about that ship either but there is at least a strong foundation over several seasons for that relationship and it is potentially understandable and logical, unlike Daryl and Beth. They are not the main characters of this show and they never ever will be. They are not going to have a baby(?). They are not going to be the next Glenn/Maggie type couple or take any other characters iconic moments from the comic books...unless hopefully it's a death scene, any death scene, just die already really. Beth is not going to single handedly save everyone at Terminus because she had like a day of weapons/tracking training and wore Carl's hat for about 30 seconds. Then there is the age thing which should speak for itself and Daryl was pretty much a friend of Beth's father so that would be weird, actually Daryl is old enough to be her father. Oh, and the Death Star blew up not once but TWICE! The Empire didn't exactly have a happy ending, they kinda all died, so how did that become a Deth shipper thing? Some of this stuff is incomprehensible to me and it seems like the die hard Daryl and Beth fandom is watching a completely different show than I am because I don't see it at all.

When Beth's kidnapping storyline gets resolved and if she gets reunited with the rest of the group, it's not ever going to be some grand, sweeping romantic moment between her and Daryl. It's most likely to be a Beth/Maggie moment if anything at all because their actual and real relationship was neglected in 4B and because they have the whole their father got brutality murdered in front of their eyes and they haven't even been able to process that yet thing. It will not be romantic Beth/Daryl thing ever because that doesn't nor will it probably ever exist in the reality of The Walking Dead because that is not who these characters are going to be and it's not the type of story these writers are ever going to tell with this particular pair.

This turned into a little bit of a rant but I haven't really been around here too much lately so I've been reading through threads and catching up and I don't even regularly read or venture into the relationship threads but the pro-Deth crap is absolutely everywhere now and it's becoming unavoidable.
    You just had to come along when I am out of likes and thanks! Unlike you, though, I don't want Daryl to die. I just want decent story lines for him interacting with the good actors (you know, everyone but EK).

So no likes or thanks, but will this do?

Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast