Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

The Reason Daryl will be around for awhile....

This probably shouldnt be in the spoiler section, but to me it makes sense that you wouldnt kill Daryl when he's the star of your Video Game.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    To me it makes sense b/c he's the cash cow of the show and in a $4 million 30 Second TWD Superbowl Ad, his action figure goes for 10X the amount of anyone else's, his line at every con is miles longer than anyone elses w/ an average wait of 2 hours or more....

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    He is definitely one of the more popular characters and he is exclusive to the TV show.

On another note, I saw some footage of this game and it looks F'N terrible. Graphics look like a PS2 game somehow, but this is on all the new consoles including the Wii U.

The Walking Dead franchise usually can do no wrong according to me but it really does seem like they threw this together just to cash in on Daryl's popularity. SMH.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't even know why people like him so much, I mean he is cool and the actor seems to be a nice guy, but still Rick/Andrew Lincoln is my man.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    If you saw footage from the Wii U, that would explain it. As an owner of both a Wii and a PS3 the graphics are not comparable.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I find it somewhat depressing that the only reason Daryl will stick around is because he brings in da cash. I'm neutral on him living/dying and he's not even that hot...But yet all these girls all over the place want his goodies. So you can bet your bottom dollar that AMC is gonna milk him for all he's worth.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizus View Post
    I find it somewhat depressing that the only reason Daryl will stick around is because he brings in da cash. I'm neutral on him living/dying and he's not even that hot...But yet all these girls all over the place want his goodies. So you can bet your bottom dollar that AMC is gonna milk him for all he's worth.
    Which begs the question, which milk runs out first, his cash flow milk or his in show story milk?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Daryl is a solid character. I can imagine how he can relate to alot of people who watch this show in its biggest age demographic (and obviously I'm not referring to the female audience). Take away the southern "aspects" of his character and it fits....age, race, poor, alone, from poverty....and yet he ends up a stand up guy. Perfect character for people to love.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzen View Post
    Which begs the question, which milk runs out first, his cash flow milk or his in show story milk?
    It will probably be cash flow first and then they'll just kill him off. I have a feeling they'll always give him something to do in the story to keep people wanting him.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbert View Post
    I don't even know why people like him so much, I mean he is cool and the actor seems to be a nice guy, but still Rick/Andrew Lincoln is my man.
    Okay trying not to rant here but first, everyone has a preference so if you don't see why someone lines him, tfb, it's not for you to see and I'm not wasting my time trying to prove it. Secondly, stop assuming as well the nature and characteristics of his fans. Ever think it's BECAUSE of his development and story that people are endeared to him?

- - - Updated - - -

It will probably be cash flow first and then they'll just kill him off. I have a feeling they'll always give him something to do in the story to keep people wanting him.
    Excuse me but he's not some freaking charity case they're graciously allowing to stay on. He's on BECAUSE of the fans, that's why he is still alive; he was originally an experiment. I do feel bad for those that are irritated by him or don't like him because they're going to be stuck with him for the long haul....oh wait, no, I don't.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast