Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #111
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    I am also a non-Caryl shipper who vehemently opposes the Barfyl ship. The notion that it is just Caryl shippers who hate Bethyl is ridiculous and I think we have proven that over and over again in this thread. There is a big chunk of the fandom who hate this idea and it (mostly) has nothing at all to do with Carol.

As far as shipping in general goes, until recently I never cared one way or the other about any ship (except Jaryl...RIP!). My position was always if it happens on the show maybe I will like it and maybe I won't, who knows. The only pairing I was ever even really looking forward to seeing on the show was Glenn/Maggie and that is because as a comic reader I knew it was going to happen eventually. I don't really post a lot but I do lurk and I enjoy reading what everyone on this forum has to say and even though I am not a shipper the Caryl threads and even the Richonne thread are always fun to read and are full of passionate and reasonable discussions.

The Relationship section of this forum pretty much has a ship thread or an anti-ship thread for every possible pairing and I get it, it's fun to discuss and speculate and wish that your favorite characters get together, I understand that completely. But then "Still" and "Alone" aired and something happened that I am not sure I can even put into words. I'm a relatively new member around here and even I can tell that the tone of the conversation around the show drastically changed with this Barfyl nonsense. It's everywhere now and as a fan I have never had a more negative and visceral reaction to a ship than I have with Barfyl. I'm a die hard anti-shipper now. I've posted my rants on it, we all have and we all know why it is ridiculous. I love this thread and since October is such a long ways away, I may need this thread to keep me sane during the hiatus.

2. Back To Top    #112
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Kwame View Post
    lol bethyl/deth.

never gonna happen cuz beth gon diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

lol.......its true its damn true

I love this thread because it makes me laugh and vent. everyone is awesome here

3. Back To Top    #113
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Even if Beth doesn't die... with such a big cast I can't see them dedicating extraordinary amounts of time to her, even if she's getting her own storyline. Obviously they'll be trimming the cast in S5 and hopefully Beth will go. Rick can hold his own damn baby jfc.

Maybe they'll give her the Carol treatment and include her in 6/16 episodes

4. Back To Top    #114
    Status
    Nine lives, remember? ✿ Cherokee Rose ✿'s Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's keep the actors out of this and just discuss about the characters they portray, please.

5. Back To Top    #115
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.roth View Post
    I am also a non-Caryl shipper who vehemently opposes the Barfyl ship. The notion that it is just Caryl shippers who hate Bethyl is ridiculous and I think we have proven that over and over again in this thread. There is a big chunk of the fandom who hate this idea and it (mostly) has nothing at all to do with Carol.

As far as shipping in general goes, until recently I never cared one way or the other about any ship (except Jaryl...RIP!). My position was always if it happens on the show maybe I will like it and maybe I won't, who knows. The only pairing I was ever even really looking forward to seeing on the show was Glenn/Maggie and that is because as a comic reader I knew it was going to happen eventually. I don't really post a lot but I do lurk and I enjoy reading what everyone on this forum has to say and even though I am not a shipper the Caryl threads and even the Richonne thread are always fun to read and are full of passionate and reasonable discussions.

The Relationship section of this forum pretty much has a ship thread or an anti-ship thread for every possible pairing and I get it, it's fun to discuss and speculate and wish that your favorite characters get together, I understand that completely. But then "Still" and "Alone" aired and something happened that I am not sure I can even put into words. I'm a relatively new member around here and even I can tell that the tone of the conversation around the show drastically changed with this Barfyl nonsense. It's everywhere now and as a fan I have never had a more negative and visceral reaction to a ship than I have with Barfyl. I'm a die hard anti-shipper now. I've posted my rants on it, we all have and we all know why it is ridiculous. I love this thread and since October is such a long ways away, I may need this thread to keep me sane during the hiatus.
    I know how you feel, I can't go into most threads anymore because of the barfyl mess... Sigh..

6. Back To Top    #116
    Status
    Dont Call it a Comeback blackjackandcoke88's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    I know how you feel, I can't go into most threads anymore because of the barfyl mess... Sigh..
    Barfyl ruins everything.

7. Back To Top    #117
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    Exactly, I don't ever remember the Carol/Daryl/Glenn/Maggie/Whoever ship stuff being brought up in random threads as much as the Barfyl stuff has been. And before Barfyl it seemed like all the shipping stuff and the character love/hate stuff was all isolated in their own little threads and the various threads didn't grow by 50 pages everyday single day. Stuff and things just got really...weird for lack of better a word with Beth/Daryl.

8. Back To Top    #118
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    Exactly, I don't ever remember the Carol/Daryl/Glenn/Maggie/Whoever ship stuff being brought up in random threads as much as the Barfyl stuff has been. And before Barfyl it seemed like all the shipping stuff and the character love/hate stuff was all isolated in their own little threads and the various threads didn't grow by 50 pages everyday single day. Stuff and things just got really...weird for lack of better a word with Beth/Daryl.
    The amount of Barfyl makes us all barf. And not rainbow sprinkles like those girls would like you to think. It makes us hurl chunks of skeeze and ewwwww!!!

9. Back To Top    #119
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthawalker View Post
    The amount of Barfyl makes us all barf. And not rainbow sprinkles like those girls would like you to think. It makes us hurl chunks of skeeze and ewwwww!!!
    Barfyl is truly sickening!

10. Back To Top    #120
    Status
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level

I agree with this completely. I am a Caryl shipper, but this whole shipping wars and Beth addicts are really ruining it for me! They are so obnoxious and seem to be everywhere. Worse yet NR and Kirkman seem to find it amusing to torture us with maybe it will happen or maybe it won't.
    I love Maggie and Glenn too!

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast