Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #641
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Just got caught up with this thread and I'm getting tired of saying this but the Daryl fandom needs to chill the hell out and stop making everything about Daryl and now Beth all the time. With Daryl it has been happening for years and it's sickening that the actors who are not Norman Reedus, like Steven Yeun for example, are constantly getting asked about how awesome Daryl is and what do you think about Daryl and after a few relevant questions it's more questions about Daryl. The other actors have their own storylines and characters to talk about and this cast in particular is so passionate about the show and they all know their characters so well that they should be able to talk about those things and not Daryl or Beth or them together.

Now the popular topic of conversation is a Beth/Daryl relationship and it's really ridiculous that Scott Wilson was asked that. Scott Wilson isn't on twitter everyday or at most of the cons like Norman Reedus is. Fans got the rare chance to ask him a question, and there is so much you could theoretically ask about as he has had a legendary career, and one of the questions that was asked was about a Barfyl baby! Really? Melissa McBride doesn't just get asked question about Daryl by the Caryl fans does she, no, she still gets asked questions about Carol independent of a shipper fandom. I feel really bad for the cast and writers because they get asked about this all the time now and if they don't like this gross ship idea they get hated on. Lauren Cohan already seems to mostly get asked about Beth now especially since Maggie found Glenn, if she gives any interviews this summer or does any panels or conventions, you want to bet she is mostly going to be asked about stupid Beth or Beth/Daryl and not Maggie's actual storyline.

And it's not going to get any better from here on out, it's a long way until October and I don't think filming spoilers are going to quell the madness because they aren't going to tell us anything except that Beth and Daryl don't have any story together, because they are in separate storylines and they won't ever have a romantic reunion, that is fantasy based on nothing. Daryl is in the main storyline with characters that actually matter. Beth is "just gone" and isn't a priority now or ever.

Bethnapper may or may not have initially been kind of a jokey idea and people have had a lot of fun with that thread but when you really think about it, Bethnapper is an actual and logical story possibility and Beth/Daryl is not. Beth and Daryl together would ruin the Daryl character for casual fans. I don't hate Daryl but I have never really been a Daryl fangirl and even I don't want to see a character assassination like that and considering Daryl's importance to the business side of the show it is likely never going to happen.
    Last edited by m.roth; April 29th, 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar and clarity

2. Back To Top    #642
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    I saw dethers hating on AM because she laughed when asked about deth and she commented that beth was so young in the show.
    Well there's another reason to love AM. Long live Tara.

3. Back To Top    #643
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Level
    For all we know the kidnapper could have been helping Beth and he might be the young guy who was cast. Maybe they are writing Father Gabriel as a young guy.

4. Back To Top    #644
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the Deth ship is really stupid along with the people who support it. They make no sense what so ever. The Deth ship came out of no where just like carol's killer story line. Hey maybe that is the real quote of season 4. " can you deal with the things that come out no where?"

5. Back To Top    #645
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidz View Post
    I think the Deth ship is really stupid along with the people who support it. They make no sense what so ever. The Deth ship came out of no where just like carol's killer story line. Hey maybe that is the real quote of season 4. " can you deal with the things that come out no where?"
    ^
    I would have loved it if actors knew before hand what they were getting into the season, but c'est la Walking Dead.

6. Back To Top    #646
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    I saw dethers hating on AM because she laughed when asked about deth and she commented that beth was so young in the show.
    I wish more cast members would react like that, but from what I've seen, they will either dance around it (which leads to Barfyl supporters twisting their words), or they just fuel the flame for the sake of attention.

7. Back To Top    #647
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJacko View Post
    I wish more cast members would react like that, but from what I've seen, they will either dance around it (which leads to Barfyl supporters twisting their words), or they just fuel the flame for the sake of attention.
    Oh gawd no. Please no.

That is literally the worst thing they can do, if they do not have the merciful hand to end this and kill Beth.

8. Back To Top    #648
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    To any Barfyl shipping lurker.....

9. Back To Top    #649
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    I can't believe anyone from the show would troll this, especially now that EK will be in Seventeen magazine.

10. Back To Top    #650
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    Honestly I became completely zen about it. There is not ONE good argument to support the ship. They can run their mouths as much as they can. It's still just a crackship. RK is a fucking troll. Most things come out of his mouth is garbage and he should focus just on his comics. NR is a people pleaser he ends up even hurting himself on the process. They're the only two who teased Bethyl. The media specially wetpaint just want to see people pissed. They like to write articles about shitty unlikely ships to get hits by pissed off/offended people. I've seen it before on other fandom. Honestly I'll just Caryl on and pray for fictional character's lifes like before and not focus on them at all. White noise. I just like writing about how they lack logic to enjoy myself with the amazing people on this thread and to calm my fellow Carylers(or people who ship TWD/logic) who are still worried. Other than that I'm just Caryling on and out of fucks to give lol
    I must admit, I got a little worked up when the deth shit storm started, but more because I just felt they were out to screw Caryl and end the ship. I have kind of adopted a similar attitude as you now and really, what are we going to do about it? The writers are going to give us what they want based upon what they think will get ratings and $ for sponsors and that's the reality. I'm not sure that artistic integrity is at the top of their list. I was quitting the show but the I got The Grove and thought, hey they know what they got there, so I'm going to ride with it for now

Quote Originally Posted by m.roth View Post
    Just got caught up with this thread and I'm getting tired of saying this but the Daryl fandom needs to chill the hell out and stop making everything about Daryl and now Beth all the time. With Daryl it has been happening for years and it's sickening that the actors who are not Norman Reedus, like Steven Yeun for example, are constantly getting asked about how awesome Daryl is and what do you think about Daryl and after a few relevant questions it's more questions about Daryl. The other actors have their own storylines and characters to talk about and this cast in particular is so passionate about the show and they all know their characters so well that they should be able to talk about those things and not Daryl or Beth or them together.

Now the popular topic of conversation is a Beth/Daryl relationship and it's really ridiculous that Scott Wilson was asked that. Scott Wilson isn't on twitter everyday or at most of the cons like Norman Reedus is. Fans got the rare chance to ask him a question, and there is so much you could theoretically ask about as he has had a legendary career, and one of the questions that was asked was about a Barfyl baby! Really? Melissa McBride doesn't just get asked question about Daryl by the Caryl fans does she, no, she still gets asked questions about Carol independent of a shipper fandom. I feel really bad for the cast and writers because they get asked about this all the time now and if they don't like this gross ship idea they get hated on. Lauren Cohan already seems to mostly get asked about Beth now especially since Maggie found Glenn, if she gives any interviews this summer or does any panels or conventions, you want to bet she is mostly going to be asked about stupid Beth or Beth/Daryl and not Maggie's actual storyline.

And it's not going to get any better from here on out, it's a long way until October and I don't think filming spoilers are going to quell the madness because they aren't going to tell us anything except that Beth and Daryl don't have any story together, because they are in separate storylines and they won't ever have a romantic reunion, that is fantasy based on nothing. Daryl is in the main storyline with characters that actually matter. Beth is "just gone" and isn't a priority now or ever.

Bethnapper may or may not have initially been kind of a jokey idea and people have had a lot of fun with that thread but when you really think about it, Bethnapper is an actual and logical story possibility and Beth/Daryl is not. Beth and Daryl together would ruin the Daryl character for casual fans. I don't hate Daryl but I have never really been a Daryl fangirl and even I don't want to see a character assassination like that and considering Daryl's importance to the business side of the show it is likely never going to happen.
    The deth shippers are everywhere and every topic that includes discussions about Carol Daryl or Beth turns into a pro deth thread. I am relatively new to the thread, but I lurked before and they have really done a great deal of damage to good stuff.

I love the idea of Bethkanpper. There is a thing called traumatic bonding--Stockholm syndrome and other forms, and if B&D could have fallen in love in 4 days then she can just as likely bond herself with her abductor especially if he is taking care of her. I also love the fun in that thread!

Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast