Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Glenn and Maggie have gotten stale for me from a narrative standpoint, just like the GN couple. I still like each character, but I'm just bored of their relationship.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    I looooove Glenn. He's one of my 4 or 5 favorites. Maggie, I could take her or leave her. But I've always found their relationship boring. For one thing, there was no build up to them getting together. They met, went on a run and had sex. A slower built would have gone a long way in making the viewers root for them as a couple. And I agree with everyone who says that they need more interaction with others.

I miss the Glenn from season 1 and 2 who was nervous and naive and so damn cheerful. I understand that the ZA being what it is, that Glenn is long gone, but that would be nice to see some of those traits again. I liked his interactions with Tara this season. I hope they'll remain close.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock89 View Post
    THIS^ I ran out of likes, but I have to say that I really liked Maggie's interaction with Rick in "Internment". That was one of my favorite episodes this season. They both worked steady and had great teamwork. It was refreshing to see two characters that barely interact have scenes together. As you said, If Glenn and Maggie interacted with more people outside of each other than I doubt many would despise the romance. I've grown weary of them because all they do is indefinitely revolve around each other like teenyboppers. I'd like to think that two 20 something adults can be in a relationship, but not be like that.
    I guess our wish is that Maggie and Glenn get to interact with people apart from each other in Season 5, we saw some of that in Season 4 with Maggie interacting with Rick as you said and we saw it with Maggie and Sasha in Alone. Let's hope Gimple and the rest of TPTB grant us our wish!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Glenn and Maggie. They're so cute together and care a great deal for each other.

Boring you say? I say no. Most relationships after months of being together become a two-against-the-world thing. Couldn't imagine life without that person etc.

They've become closer than family and I for one would be looking for my fiance too if we got separated.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    Anyone would be LUCKY to find someone who fights as hard as these two do for each other and to find each other. I'll take Gleggie over the Shane/Lori/Rick drama anyday.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    I know most people hate Beth or something but annoys me they make Maggie ignore Beth or they ignore their relationship as sisters to "develop" Gleggie. I didn't like that she wasn't the one to tell Beth about Zach(or even Glenn). That was weird. And that she barely mentioned Beth on season 4B. This makes Maggie look bad....
    Why would they be? They weren't on the run Zack died in.

Anyway, I don't know why people act like killing one of them would suddenly give an ignored character proper development and story. That's magical thinking.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lannister View Post
    Why would they be? They weren't on the run Zack died in.

Anyway, I don't know why people act like killing one of them would suddenly give an ignored character proper development and story. That's magical thinking.
    Daryl told Beth about Zack for a reason, to set up the Daryl/Beth situation later in the season. Can't believe someone did not figure that out...

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lannister View Post
    Why would they be? They weren't on the run Zack died in.Anyway, I don't know why people act like killing one of them would suddenly give an ignored character proper development and story. That's magical thinking.
    I agree killing one won't solve the problem they should be able to write a romance without making the characters all about each other. Glenn was on the run actually....I guess it's a point of view thing.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    I agree killing one won't solve the problem they should be able to write a romance without making the characters all about each other. Glenn was on the run actually....I guess it's a point of view thing.
    I forgot about that. Either way, Daryl was the one that led that run so it makes sense for him to be the one to tell her about it. Zach died on Daryl's watch.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthawalker View Post
    I love Glenn and Maggie. The are as realistic as you can be in the ZA. I would hope my husband would move heaven and earth to try and find me. That's what matters when you love someone. Not shrug your shoulders and go get shitfaced.
    smh was it necessary to bring them into this?

i like glenn and maggie but i think they'd be more interesting characters apart from each other than together.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast