Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    In 4B, Maggie and Glenn moved heaven and earth to find each other. Separating them didn't give either of them much individual development. Anyone surprised that Maggie and Glenn moved heaven and earth to find each other? Me either. Maggie was willing to ask others to assume risks to help her find Glenn. That didn't impress me much. Glenn, on the other hand, walked away from the others when they weren't initially willing to help. He wasn't prepared to risk lives for his own purposes. Score one for Glenn.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by famouslastwords View Post
    I know most people hate Beth or something but annoys me they make Maggie ignore Beth or they ignore their relationship as sisters to "develop" Gleggie. I didn't like that she wasn't the one to tell Beth about Zach(or even Glenn). That was weird. And that she barely mentioned Beth on season 4B. This makes Maggie look bad....
    I agree with this. Hershel just got beheaded and the prison was destroyed. If that is not a reason for Maggie to be terrified for the little sister she grew up with for 16 years then I'm not sure what it is. She expressed no terror on her face for Beth. All the terror, angst, impatience and fear was for Glenn not her sister.

Once Glenn was not found on the bus he was in the same boat as Beth. His whereabouts a mystery. What makes this writing error worse is that she had no proof that Glenn or Beth is alive, but she has unfailing hope for Glenn, but none for Beth. You can claim its because Glenn is a survivor and Beth is not, but if that is the logic than I'd think someone would search for the person who has little hope of surviving. I like to use the "I Robot" analogy. When the robot decides to save Will Smith's character because he had a better chance of surviving than the little girl.

Yeah the audience can be told that Maggie and Beth are sisters, but if they don't have meaningful interactions how are we supposed to believe it? I remembered Maggie telling Glenn she will go talk to Beth about Zack's death, but the focus quickly went from that to Maggie telling Glenn she isn't pregnant. Her pregnancy scare could've been saved for another time. They could have cut through that scene and showed Maggie coming to Beth saying, "Hey, kiddo. I heard what happened. I'm sorry." It could have been a nice time to bring up Beth's former flame Jimmy. How did losing Jimmy and Zach affect her? I know some people hate Beth, but she is Maggie's kid sister. That has to mean something. Come to think of it, Glenn has never had any interaction with Beth who is his sister in law.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Some people will just use any excuse to try and trash Maggie and Glenn and do in pretty much every single topic they can find an excuse to work it into- their choice.

Just as others use good arguments and discussion to explain what they like or don't like about the pairing, also fine of course but which I respect much more than blatant hatred dressed in flimsy rationale. I believe everyone is smart to figure out which groups include whom.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    I love Glenn and Maggie, but get why some don't. 4b was a mess for many reason (imo) but Glenn and Maggie's determination to find each other was one of the good things. While everyone else was giving up, these two were willing to move heaven and earth to reunite. Glenn really shined (once again imo) with what we saw of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Some people will just use any excuse to try and trash Maggie and Glenn and do in pretty much every single topic they can find an excuse to work it into- their choice.

Just as others use good arguments and discussion to explain what they like or don't like about the pairing, also fine of course but which I respect much more than blatant hatred dressed in flimsy rationale. I believe everyone is smart to figure out which groups include whom.
    I see a lot of that when it comes to hating a character or a ship. Sad...

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. I really think if Michonne or Carol, better yet Lori or Andrea had a little sister and had no thought for that little sister, but searched for their man instead nobody would be defending it. I can guarantee that both Lori and Andrea would have been bashed repeatedly for it seeing they were the most hated female characters. It perplexes me to see some defend the poor writing for Maggie. I'm not saying she should be bashed, but it is crazy to see some defend it.

And Heaven forbid you say anything negative about the Glenn and Maggie romance. You're prejudice or have a hidden bias.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    I LOVE Glenn and Maggie too! I understand why they fought so hard to find each other. I think in a world full of sh*t, terror, and absolutely nothing else positive in their lives to look forward to, they need to cling to each other. I'm disappointed that Maggie dissed her sister after the prison fall, and that there are never any Beth/Glenn interactions too. I'm guessing it's a fault of writers focusing in other areas, thus leaving these areas too thinly recorded. I like to imply that Glenn/Beth have a good relationship, and that Maggie is concerned for her sister's whereabouts. Sometimes I'll overlook certain snubs because I'm fond of the characters....confession time, yes, I do like Beth too. Most of the time. BUT, this is about Glenn and Maggie...

So, no, I'm not over Glenn and Maggie. I like them individually, but LOVE them together!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock89 View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. I can guarantee if Michonne or Carol, better yet Lori or Andrea had a little sister and had no thought for that little sister, but searched for their man instead nobody would be defending it. It perplexes me to see some defend the poor writing for Maggie.

And Heaven forbid you say anything negative about the Glenn and Maggie romance. You're prejudice or have a hidden bias.
    I think if season 1 had been edited to have Andrea separated from Amy and nothing was said about it, then Andrea would have come in for the same type of bashing Maggie has gotten in season 4- something neither Maggie nor Lauren Cohan deserves frankly. Andrea sure didn;t spend any time worrying about Michonne while she was in Woodbury, while we have seen Maggie caring endlessly about Beth since both were introduced in Season 2 whether over Beth's indifference to her then boyfriend with that marriage crack, Beth's catatonia after the barn reveal, Beth's suicide threads and action, as well as getting hysterical after she and Glenn escaped the farm because she worried about her family and the other survivors.

Season 3 saw Maggie dealing with many issues around herself and Glenn, and both of them dealing with the Woodbury fallout as well as staying behind in the finale because they wanted to protect the prison group- including Beth, who was not judged capable by anyone of taking care of herself.

In season 4, we saw Maggie and Glenn have to take on larger responsibilities, with runs, clearing the fences, etc. while Beth doodled in her diary and cared for Judith which was naturally important even though most adults could care for a baby. The stories given to the characters kept the sisters apart which is what TPTB and the showrunner felt was more important this season than what any one fan in particular may have wanted to see instead. That's how storytelling goes- we get what we get, not what we want or even feel entitled to see.

When the prison fell, the group were made (as TPTB admitted in numerous articles, interviews and postmortems all state quite clearly) to put together characters who "hadn't had much interaction" before- and so Beth ended up with Daryl. Had Maggie had no interaction with Beth or Beth none with Glenn, they might have ended together rather than Beth and Daryl together. But that wasn't how the show unrolled the story and is just one more example of how editing and storytelling is run by the show and not by the fans.

We all like certain characters, dislike others and that's perfectly fine- our reasons may vary and I have no doubt you are correct that some do have a racial bias whether overt or covert. I'm not really interested in whose prejudices lie where, but I am interested in reading posts with great discussion points, logic or reasoning over simple blind hatred. Mileage though.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
    I LOVE Glenn and Maggie too! I understand why they fought so hard to find each other. I think in a world full of sh*t, terror, and absolutely nothing else positive in their lives to look forward to, they need to cling to each other. I'm disappointed that Maggie dissed her sister after the prison fall, and that there are never any Beth/Glenn interactions too. I'm guessing it's a fault of writers focusing in other areas, thus leaving these areas too thinly recorded. I like to imply that Glenn/Beth have a good relationship, and that Maggie is concerned for her sister's whereabouts. Sometimes I'll overlook certain snubs because I'm fond of the characters....confession time, yes, I do like Beth too. Most of the time. BUT, this is about Glenn and Maggie...

So, no, I'm not over Glenn and Maggie. I like them individually, but LOVE them together!
    I am Team Blane, but your sig is awesome. :)

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    I wrote a while back in another thread my feelings on the Glenn and Maggie relationship.

In 4a I really thought I found what I had originally loved about Glenn and Maggie in s2/early parts of their relationship. Man did 4b change that .

I do indeed blame the writers, well actually everyone who has a say so in the Maggie scenes in 4b. Not only did she not mention Beth at all, but not even Hershel. Actually not anyone. Just Glenn. Sorry but not talking about your missing and possibly dead little sister is unacceptable. Regardless of how much someone likes Beth or dislikes Beth this seems to be a common answer. Maggie's actions in 4b were pretty selfish.

On top of that I've concluded that Maggie is just a flat, boring character who is only there to serve the purpose of Glenn whose on his way in that direction after what they did to him in s4 in general. If you think about it , Maggie has almost no relationship or voice outside of her family (who according to 4b she could now give a shit about) . When Rick told her about Carol she basically shrugged it off , blindly following him.

Maggie is the perfect example of a stereotypical female post apocalyptic character who the writers of that production want fans to like. She's attractive and can kill zombies, oh and she's also hooked up with one of the main guys. That's all she is. And the sad thing about this is, if Andrea weren't separated all the way back in s2 , then Maggie wouldn't have become an overnight zombie slayer and I guarentee you that people would be much more harsh on her character , if she was at the zombie fighting level of her sister , Hershel or Lori (while she was alive). I'm sure people would be calling her useless too.

Now where the character is saved is by the grace of Lauren Cohan and her being a great actress. She's convincing and LC is a great sport about all Maggie flaws in 4b (as seen in her talking dead episode) . LC is the only thing that makes Maggie worth something besides a plot device for Glenn that can kill zombies.

Glenn on the other hand I've had a soft spot for since s1 , the only thing I can say about him in s4 is man was he overlooked by not only writers, but fans, and other characters (besides Maggie of course, lol) . I feel like the writers don't know what's left to do with him and that worries me.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Level
    I used to really like them, and Glenn was one of my favorites on the show. But now, I feel like both of them have changed too much and the whole focus is on their relationship. I miss happy go lucky Glenn! Obviously the ZA changes people but I find him to be boring now.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast