Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Level

So over Glenn & Maggie - both love/hate welcomed!

I never been a huge fan of Glenn and Maggie as a couple, but they were tolerable until Season 4B. They're married, I get it, but they were just so reckless in their pursuit of each other, endangering the lives of other people and don't even get me started on how Maggie just totally forgot about Beth. It's sad because I loved Glenn during Season 1 and 2 and I thought Maggie had alot of potential to be a great character, but the only way that either can further develop as characters is if one dies.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Level
    Hopefully they'll both die in season 5. They have become so boring and predictable it's impossible to like them anymore.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow. A Glenn/Maggie thread. I think I've talked about them to no end. All I'm saying is that if the writers can't figure out a way to give them depth and some complexity outside of the romance then they are going to continue to be stale characters. Its really sad because I started out liking both of them, but now they are dull as dishwater. The romance is as dull as dishwater. I don't know how many times the writers are going to beat the "undying love" formulaic crap over and over again. Give them something else to do.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm not over them, I just want Maggie to go cut a ring off a walker and give it to Glenn, damn it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Glenn and Maggie. The are as realistic as you can be in the ZA. I would hope my husband would move heaven and earth to try and find me. That's what matters when you love someone. Not shrug your shoulders and go get shitfaced.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Maggie and Glenn as each other's first loves, may not appeal to some viewers because they hold nothing back. I would love to see each get some story separate of the other although as the show's only "working" relationship they carry a lot of the healthy love symbolism on the show.

They can be interesting and well-written whether together or apart, but I'm sure not going to blame the characters for a failure on the part of the writers or showrunners, because that would be ridiculous IMO.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I would love to see each get some story separate of the other
    I think this why people dislike the Glenn and Maggie Romance. They have no story apart from each other. If they got story apart from the other, they would appear more interesting, particularly Maggie because she is a little bit less developed than Glenn. Also would love to see Maggie interact with people other than Glenn (but I've yakked on about that on other threads). I would love to see her interact with Rick more. I loved their interaction in the episode Internment. Let's have more them interacting in Season 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tuswig View Post
    The only way that either can further develop as characters is if one dies.
    They don't need to die, they just need to interact with other people besides themselves more. I hope we get that in Season 5.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Level
    I know most people hate Beth or something but annoys me they make Maggie ignore Beth or they ignore their relationship as sisters to "develop" Gleggie. I didn't like that she wasn't the one to tell Beth about Zach(or even Glenn). That was weird. And that she barely mentioned Beth on season 4B. This makes Maggie look bad....

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Sadly, the writers and showrunner made those decisions which has led fans and viewers to demonize Maggie for the omission of actions that we saw on screen in Season 4. I am hoping they will be more careful in the future and avoid creating such unnecessary problems for cast members and characters as they move forward. My hunch is that there was something which was edited out for one reason or another but of course I cannot prove that beyond a reasonable doubt;.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    I think this why people dislike the Glenn and Maggie Romance. They have no story apart from each other. If they got story apart from the other, they would appear more interesting, particularly Maggie because she is a little bit less developed than Glenn. Also would love to see Maggie interact with people other than Glenn (but I've yakked on about that on other threads). I would love to see her interact with Rick more. I loved their interaction in the episode Internment. Let's have more them interacting in Season 5.
    THIS^ I ran out of likes, but I have to say that I really liked Maggie's interaction with Rick in "Internment". That was one of my favorite episodes this season. They both worked steady and had great teamwork. It was refreshing to see two characters that barely interact have scenes together. As you said, If Glenn and Maggie interacted with more people outside of each other than I doubt many would despise the romance. I've grown weary of them because all they do is indefinitely revolve around each other like teenyboppers. I'd like to think that two 20 something adults can be in a relationship, but not be like that.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast