Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. Back To Top    #121
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tuswig View Post
    I never been a huge fan of Glenn and Maggie as a couple, but they were tolerable until Season 4B. They're married, I get it, but they were just so reckless in their pursuit of each other, endangering the lives of other people and don't even get me started on how Maggie just totally forgot about Beth. It's sad because I loved Glenn during Season 1 and 2 and I thought Maggie had alot of potential to be a great character, but the only way that either can further develop as characters is if one dies.
    After watching 5b, I have to say, my hope as been restored in Glenn as an individual character...like he was really THE best thing about the second half of season 5. Maggie didn't get alot of screentime, so by default, I found her and Glenn as a couple to be tolerable. As a comic reader I now see that...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

2. Back To Top    #122
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    @tuswig Maggie really needs that arc

3. Back To Top    #123
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    Maggie does need her comic arc. I'd prefer if she gets it tbh. As far as Glenn and Maggie goes as a couple, Im so over it. So very over it.
    Like you're married and the only interaction and communication they ever even have is like "oh look we're hugging now". Like S5 finale before Glenn leaves to follow Nicolas I was like oh wow Maggie and Glenn!!! actually talking!!!! to one another!!!! Holy crap!!! Conversation!!! They're obviously together until one of them dies so.....either make them have chemistry again (there is no chemistry anymore, at one point they had plenty and its like Im suffering to watch it now) or....you see where Im going....

I like both characters a lot though, just separately at this point.

But I mean, when Glenn got in the fight with Nicolas it was pretty cute the face Maggie made at him when Deanna told him thank. She was just like "so proud". But thats literally the only Glenn/Maggie scene I can even think of that I liked this season at all and literally so much has happened to both characters that you'd think that the chemistry would get hella stronger during the hardships but it just didn't and thats really a sign that the relationship has gone stale and it just needs to be ended...

4. Back To Top    #124
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but this was the only Glaggie hate thread I could find - and I looked.

Loved Glenn in S1-2. I hated Maggie from the beginning (Cohen's accent just irks me), however, after bingeing the last 3 seasons, I've come to accept her, not like her, just accept. But, I'll NEVER be a fan of this relationship. Glenn has become a straight up punk holding her damn skirt and crying for her all the time. Likewise for her. Maggie's character is a lot stronger than her comic counterpart was before AOW, but I still think that tv Maggie needs Glenn's death to grow even further. Or vice versa for Glenn. Although, I've come to hate the character that Glenn has become, I still see the potential in him if he's not tethered to he's wife garments.

5. Back To Top    #125
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    After not being a fan of this coupling in the past due to my previous dislike of Maggie. ( I like her now )
    I now appreciate the relationship between the two. The characters are each other constant and it sweet to see how much they love and care about each other.

6. Back To Top    #126
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    There are so many great, horrible things the writers could do in just 10-15 minutes of the season 7 premiere that would exponentially better the show and propel story development, particularly for Maggie. They could bludgeon Glenn to death, fatally wound Abraham with the gun that Carl found, and the best - force Maggie to take a picture of Glenn with a Polaroid. That's 10 minutes. 5 minutes later? Send Maggie to the Hilltop only to be informed that she miscarried. If they're going to rid the show (and YES, they certainly will) of its longest relationship, then they may as well explore all of the untapped potential at its peak importance.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213