Forgot your username?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    Glenn and Maggie, separately and together, had some of the most enjoyable scenes of season 4, imo.

Glenn: Anguish when he wakes up at the prison turning to determination, gathering items from the prison.
    Storming through the walker herd and the helmet cam pov shots.
    His convo with Tara, saying he'll honor Hershell by going on.
    Abe punch/fight (and I freaking love Abe!).
    Not leaving Tara in the tunnel.

Maggie: Walker head smash into the side of the bus.
    Fog scene with Bob and Sasha.
    Decapitation of walker with signpost.

Glenn and Maggie: Adult conversation of what a pregnancy would mean in a ZA.
    Reunion kiss.

I have many gripes about season 4, but Glenn and Maggie aren't one of them. On the contrary, they provided season 4 with action, realistic storylines, heartbreaking emotional scenes, strong acting, and consistent, logical character development that was sorely lacking elsewhere.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post

When Rick told her about Carol she basically shrugged it off , blindly following him.
    I don't think Maggie was blindly following Rick. I'm sure she was thinking about her sick husband, her father and little sister in mind. She was probably thinking that Carol would have killed them if they were the first to show the symptoms. So I think that is why Maggie agreed with his decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Intheclear View Post

I do indeed blame the writers, well actually everyone who has a say so in the Maggie scenes in 4b. Not only did she not mention Beth at all, but not even Hershel. Actually not anyone. Just Glenn. Sorry but not talking about your missing and possibly dead little sister is unacceptable.
    To be fair, none of the groups mentioned others or acted like finding the others was a priority, it wasn't just Maggie and Glenn. The only one that expressed wanting to find the other prison survivors was Beth.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    I don't think Maggie was blindly following Rick. I'm sure she was thinking about her sick husband, her father and little sister in mind. She was probably thinking that Carol would have killed them if they were the first to show the symptoms. So I think that is why Maggie agreed with his decision.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, none of the groups mentioned others or acted like finding the others was a priority, it wasn't just Maggie and Glenn. The only one that expressed wanting to find the other prison survivors was Beth.

Maggie not being a leader is fine. Where a problem lies with the Rick talking Maggie about Carol scene, to me showed that Maggie doesn't seem to care very much about others outside of her family. She didn't provide much thought to a decision Rick made other then just agreeing. Whereas it read on Hershel's face that he wanted to say something when Rick told him. Maggie just seemed to go "eh" there's a person I lived with for 2+ years and she just murdered two people and was kicked out. Oh well! Offering some kind of insight to Rick's situation when he was consoling in her about it (probably wondering if it was the right decision) would have been helpful , I believe.

At least that was my take on that scene.

As for the second point you made, I'm not sure that's entirely true. Tyreese looked like he was about to cry while Lizzie made that weird Sasha comment in "Inmates" Rick and Carl both thought Judith was dead and had each other. Beth (as you already made a point I agree with) mentioned finding others and did indeed talk about specific group members, even Sasha explained why she wouldn't want to know Tyreese's fate. While most cast members didn't directly say that they wanted to find family members, there were many things said or context clues, reactions , etc. That proved what they were thinking and why they were or weren't mentioning others. I kind of focused more on siblings and related people though.

Maggie simply said nothing of Beth besides one sentence and I don't think it would have rung as that horrible to most people if she wasn't foaming at the mouth to find Glenn. Also I don't believe she ever mentioned Hershel.

Also to clarify I didn't include Glenn in the not mentioning of family members, since he reacted to Hershel's death and is not Beth's brother. I was speaking solely of Maggie's disregarding of Beth.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    I still think Maggie's reaction was due to her husband and father being inside, Glenn very ill and Hershel being older.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Although Maggie didn't give Rick much feedback you could visibly read on her face that she was shocked, appalled and almost in disbelief that Carol would do that. I don't think Maggie beats around the bush. She is a straightforward kind of gal so if she didn't agree with Rick banishing Carol I think she would have told him. Karen or David could have been Glenn or Beth so it made sense that she agreed with Rick. I didn't fault her for not having much to say because there wasn't much time afterwards. Walkers were piled up on the fences and they had to focus on that.

Now, in 4B I think the writers were smoking weed when they wrote Maggie.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's also been mentioned that Maggie did not mention her father being murdered, but at the same time Rick did not speak of Judith either. Carl brought her up. I imagine Rick loves and mourns his daughter as much as Maggie loves and mourns her father. That went without saying. It was just too painful to speak of so soon and survival kicked in. Even Rick smiled and had happy moments after the prison attack, when he was with Carl and Michonne, they were his Glenn's to Maggie. A ray of hope and happiness.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    It's also been mentioned that Maggie did not mention her father being murdered, but at the same time Rick did not speak of Judith either. Carl brought her up. I imagine Rick loves and mourns his daughter as much as Maggie loves and mourns her father. That went without saying. It was just too painful to speak of so soon and survival kicked in. Even Rick smiled and had happy moments after the prison attack, when he was with Carl and Michonne, they were his Glenn's to Maggie. A ray of hope and happiness.
    Rick did speak of Judith and no one reminded him. In the living room with Carl relaxing against the sofa he said something like "I thought I could keep things together for you and for Judith."

Lets not forget that he was badly injured, recuperating and had Carl to keep alive so there wasn't much time to really mourn the loss of Judith. Maggie was not injured nor did she have a child to take care of. Once she found Glenn, her ray of hope she could have talked about Beth and her father. I really don't see an excuse around that careless writing, but to each is own.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I like them but I agree with the putting peoples lives in danger and Maggie forgetting Beth's existence.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock89 View Post
    Rick did speak of Judith and no one reminded him. In the living room with Carl relaxing against the sofa he said something like "I thought I could keep things together for you and for Judith."

Lets not forget that he was badly injured, recuperating and had Carl to keep alive so there wasn't much time to really mourn the loss of Judith. Maggie was not injured nor did she have a child to take care of. Once she found Glenn, her ray of hope she could have talked about Beth and her father. I really don't see an excuse around that careless writing, but to each is own.

*My opinion is not an excuse.*

My point was Rick loves and mourns Judith, as Maggie loves and mourns her father and sister. Maggie and Rick each put up bold fronts and were both trying to survive. I did not not need to hear Maggie say she missed her father and sister to know it was in her heart. The rest of the debate is NEVER going to be won.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Level
    I love Glenn & Maggie, sometimes I do feel like the show tries to hard to make them one person instead of two individuals.

I think Lauren Cohen said she believes the only reason she is focused on Glenn is something along the lines if she found him she would know everyone else would be ok?? That doesn't make too much sense to me but I will go with that I guess.

I hope in season 5 they will start showing more of their pre relationship personalities b/c they are two great characters.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast