Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level

Maggie's Shining moments

Maggie is a cool character and I think Lauren Cohan portrays her greatly. I just have a question: what do you think Maggie's shining moments are from all 3 three seasons up to this point? Shining moments can include either words or deeds where she proved himself to you. I'll start. Here are Maggie's shining moments:

Season 2:

She kills a walker with a baseball bat via horseback to save Andrea.

She slaps Shane after he goes hard on her Dad.

Season 3:

Being the first one to kill one of the walkers in riot gear as they were clearing out the prison.

Responding to the Governor's shameful strip of her by telling him to go to hell.

Killing Warren in an attempt for her and Glenn to escape captivity.

Killing Haley as she and Rick went back into Woodbury to rescue Daryl and Merle.

Season 4:

Rescuing Michonne after she gets pinned by Walkers.

Agreeing with Rick in his decision to kick Carol out of the group for murdering Karen and David.

Busting into the quarantine to saver her Dad.

Helping to save Glenn from his illness.

Never giving up in her search for Glenn.

Fighting with Sasha to kill off walkers near an ice cream truck

Those are all the shining moments I can think of for Maggie. If anyone has more you can put them here.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    The only one that sticks out for me was when she killed a riot walker in Season 3. Much easier for me to think of shining moments for Glenn.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Maggie has many shining moments not limited to walker kills IMO. A few include-

-Working with Lori, Carol and Patricia to keep the daily routines going to help everyone better deal with the stresses of the Atlanta group's setting into life on the farm

-Telling off Andrea and forbidding her the run of the house after she encouraged Beth to attempt suicide

-Caring for Beth and trying to do everything in her power to help Beth heal after Barmageddon when Beth became despondent and suicidal

-Comforting Glenn and T-Dog plus the others at various times during Carl's recovery

-Standing up to Hershel on Glenn's behalf by pointing out that he wasn't just "that Asian boy" but insisting Hershel recognize him as a person and a man, plus insisting she would continue to see him, regardless of her father's wishes

-Taking a chance on seeing where her attraction to Glenn might or might not go despite the risks of emotional involvement and love during the ZA when either could die at any moment

-Reminding Glenn that he had untapped talents, leadership qualities and skills so did not need to mindlessly put himself at unnecessary risks to help the group. By showing him his value and worth, she encouraged his own introspection and growth, helping him on his character journey from season 1.

Will post others later, these are just the first few which come to mind:)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Level
    1. Riding in to camp like a knight in shining armor to bring Lori to Carl.

2. Giving Glenn the "nod" to go ahead and shoot the walkers coming out of the barn even though she knew Hershel did not "get it".

3. Telling Sasha she needed her and Bob to help her find Glenn. That was some good girlfriend "time".

I'm sure Maggie will have many more shining moments.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Level
    One of my favorite Maggie scenes was when she tackled Merle to defend Glenn. She is a character that does not just sit idly by, which I love. I've always liked that Maggie isn't afraid of having her opinions heard.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Level
    When she called Lori "that bitch". YES.

When she jumped on Merle when he was fighting with Glenn. Girl ain't gonna let no one hurt her man, pissed at him or not.

When she told Glenn is was just as good as the others, that he was a leader and pretty much that he too deserved respect. He was not just a guy who went on runs and was lowered into wells. He was just as brave as Rick, Shane and Daryl.

When she was in full riot gear defending the prison, along with Glenn, and ran TG and his people off.

I really liked the make up/garage sex moment, it showed The Governor did not win, that she was able to move past what happened and feel connected intimately with someone else.

Killing the walkers in the bus, and crying/laughing when Glenn was not one it. LC played that scene SO well with such true emotion.

When she came in to save Glenn and Hershel, and had to aim just right to shoot the walker on her father.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post

3. Telling Sasha she needed her and Bob to help her find Glenn. That was some good girlfriend "time".

I'm sure Maggie will have many more shining moments.
    I hope Maggie and Sasha strengthen their bond in Season 5 (best way to get her away from Glenn for a while).

I am sure she will have more awesome moments next season as well.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Maggie - season 2 and season 3 she was great.

1) Riding up on a horse and killing a Walker. Fierce, free-spirited and bold. Immediately I liked her from the git go.
    2) Definitely calling Lori a "bitch" for risking her and Glenn's life.
    3) Bitch slapping Shane takes the cake. Loved her in that moment. Loved how fiercely loyal and protective she was of her family
    4) Calling Andrea out on the shit she pulled.
    5) Nurturing and caring for her little sister when she was in her state.
    6) Telling Andrea about how Beth chucked her birth control pills in the pond. Matter of fact all the moments between her and Beth were great in season 2, even talking Beth out of suicide.
    7) Cutting Lori open and delivering Judith with Carl present.
    8) Going on that run with Daryl to get formula for Judith.
    9)Telling the Governor to go to hell after violating her. Loved her in that moment.
    10) Stabbing the Woodbury soldier with the bone. Going back with Rick to rescue Daryl and the bad ass sharpshooting she did.
    11) Telling Glenn to piss off when he was making everything about himself.
    12) Helping Rick in "Internment." Another example of her bad ass sharpshooting skills when she saves her father and Glenn.

This is when I enjoyed Maggie.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock89 View Post
    Well since there are those that think I hate Maggie and Glenn let me list shining moments from them:

Glenn - Season 1 Glenn was the best to me. I loved everything about this kid.

1)Saving Rick from the tank. Calling Rick a "dumb ass" because that is what he was in that moment.
    2) When he came up with the plan to check the tunnels. He gave everyone their position and did it like a boss.
    3) He was actually shown caring for people. Bury their friends.
    4) When he came up with the plan to get the bag of guns. Genius.
    5) Getting the pregnancy test and pills for Lori. Glenn was so generous and Lori took advantage of that.
    6) Saving Maggie from the pharmacy Walker.
    7) Walker kill tied to a chair.
    8) Mowing his way through Walkers while still being sick.

Maggie - season 2 and season 3/part of season 4 she was great.

1) Riding up on a horse and killing a Walker. Fierce, free-spirited and bold. Immediately I liked her from the git go.
    2) Definitely calling Lori a "bitch" for risking her and Glenn's life.
    3) Bitch slapping Shane takes the cake. Loved her in that moment. Loved how fiercely loyal and protective she was of her family
    4) Calling Andrea out the shit she pulled.
    5) Nurturing and caring for her little sister when she was in her state.
    6) Telling Andrea about how Beth chucked her birth control pills in the pond. Matter of fact all the moments between her and Beth were great in season 2, even talking Beth out of suicide.
    7) Cutting Lori open and delivering Judith with Carl present.
    8) Going on that run with Daryl to get formula for Judith.
    9)Telling the Governor to go to hell after violating her. Loved her in that moment.
    10) Stabbing the Woodbury soldier with the bone. Going back with Rick to rescue Daryl and the bad ass sharpshooting she did.
    11) Telling Glenn to piss off when he was making everything about himself.
    12) Helping Rick in "Internment." Another example of her bad ass sharpshooting skills when she saves her father and Glenn.

So yeah, I really think the writers are doing them a disservice, especially Glenn. Glenn should be Rick's right hand man just like Daryl.
    There is a thread for Glenn's shining moments in the Glenn section you know. You did not have to put shining moments for Glenn here.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Level
    Some of these have been mentioned already, but they are some of my favorite scenes

-Confronting Lori about her almost dying in the pharmacy

-Slapping Shane

-Killing the Woodbury guard with a walker bone

-Killing the guy in the watch in "Home" was great, Maggie is a great shot

-Killing Haley

-The bus scene when she was crying and then started laughing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast