Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick can be a sanctimonious prick, but I can't help but love him. Even when I hate him, I love him. I love my grey scale heroes and heroines.

I love him for never giving up on finding Lori and Carl. The photo album thing. Loved that.

I love him for talking to Morgan on that walkie-talkie every day. It was useless, and maybe he was talking to himself, mostly, working through things, but it also kept hope alive, kept him going, gave him direction.

I love him for knowing about and accepting Lori's affair with Shane even before Lori told him. Rick loved Lori. Rick loved Shane. And there was enough love in his heart to accept this, before Shane went psycho and Lori went Lady MacBeth and the season went off the rails.

I love him for loving Carl and Judith above all else.

I love him for confronting his fear in that house, as he hid under the bed this past season. Seeing him shake in terror was a new side of Rick.

I love his friendships with Morgan, Hershel, Daryl, and Michonne.

I dislike:

Rick's treatment of Lori in Season 3. (There were open questions here for me -- was Lori the girl that Shane had always wanted, but could never have? Did Rick and Shane always have some weird sort of friendly/not so friendly competition going on?)

Rick's treatment of Carol in Season 4.

Rick's belief that he can hop on the Crazy Train for weeks, then grab the reins of power as if nothing happened.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    Rick's treatment of Lori in Season 3. (There were open questions here for me -- was Lori the girl that Shane had always wanted, but could never have? Did Rick and Shane always have some weird sort of friendly/not so friendly competition going on?)
    You can't blame Rick for giving Lori the cold shoulder in Season 3. Lori slept with Shane, got pregnant with a child that wasn't his, put him and his best friend at odds, said that he needed to go kill Shane and when the deed was done she stood back in horror like, "You killed Shane? Get away from me you monster!"

Quote Originally Posted by ysolde View Post
    Rick's treatment of Carol in Season 4.
    I believe his treatment was justified. I'm going to go into it here because it has been beaten to death on this forum.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    I think that, yeah Rick may have done what he thought was right but Hershel was still there to give some guidance and that's what kind of picks at me (the past is the past) if Hershel was Rick's guiding light why did Rick not speak with him? I mean it's whatever now and I'm sure it's not going to make a difference since Carol will probably get her redemption and what not. It's just a point that had me pretty angry when it happened because the whole time I felt like it was someone else who did it. It also kind of felt like Rick was using Carol to gather items and then was like "whoa, whoa sister you're not coming back with me." Sure, Carol did those killings but Carl also put a bullet in some kid's head and what did he get? His gun taken away and the farm boy treatment. I get it he's a kid but let's say Carl gets older and keeps killing people, is Rick still going to take up for him? Probably and though that's his son it's still pretty wrong. But I'm done with the Rick/Carol debate.

I definitely liked the way Rick was as sassy toward Lori as he needed to be when he found out about the affair and then he decided it's kind of the end of the world, I can accept this and this is my baby. That's where Rick deserves a lot of applause, human as hell and also pretty sweet. And you know what? Now he's kind of using the village to raise the child *wipes tear*.

Rick has had moments where I have just wanted to shake him "wake up Rick! Stuff n thangs are happening get with it!!"

And his brush with the marauders? Thumbs up for you, Rick Grimes.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by chartlesaur View Post
    Sure, Carol did those killings but Carl also put a bullet in some kid's head and what did he get? His gun taken away and the farm boy treatment. I get it he's a kid but let's say Carl gets older and keeps killing people, is Rick still going to take up for him? Probably and though that's his son it's still pretty wrong.
    I will never understand why Carl killing that kid is being to compared to Carol killing Karen and David. That kid Carl killed failed to put down his gun. When you have cornered the enemy/criminal and they decided to walk forward with a gun in hand you open fire. Carl did what a normal cop/soldier would have done. Carol killed two helpless people who were being quarantined.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    You can't blame Rick for giving Lori the cold shoulder in Season 3. Lori slept with Shane, got pregnant with a child that wasn't his, put him and his best friend at odds, said that he needed to go kill Shane and when the deed was done she stood back in horror like, "You killed Shane? Get away from me you monster!"

I believe his treatment was justified. I'm going to go into it here because it has been beaten to death on this forum.
    I agree
    I can't believe people still have a problem with the way he treated Lori. Even she knows why he treated her that way after the way she treated him. After everything she had done.

Same thing with Carol. She killed two people and he kicked her out. People are still going on and on and on about that.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I agree
    I can't believe people still have a problem with the way he treated Lori. Even she knows why he treated her that way after the way she treated him. After everything she had done.

Same thing with Carol. She killed two people and he kicked her out. People are still going on and on and on about that.

I agree. With the post you quoted I wrote, "I meant to say I'm not going into the Carol vs. Rick debate." All I will say is that people would be happy with Rick kicking her out if it was Glenn or Sasha that she killed.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Ain't this the truth. I don't know what person on this earth who finds out that they're spouse slept with their best friend, not once, not twice, but multiple times would welcome them back with open arms. Rick giving Lori the cold shoulder was justified. I don't believe in holding grudges, but I cannot fault Rick for holding a grudge against her. That had to feel like a kick to balls to know that you're wife and best friend were fraternizing together. Some people would kill their spouse in a crime of passion if that happened to them. You hear it all the time on the news.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. With the post you quoted I wrote, "I meant to say I'm not going into the Carol vs. Rick debate." All I will say is that people would be happy with Rick kicking her out if it was Glenn or Sasha that she killed.
    I also agree with this. Had it been Glenn or Sasha no one would be defending Carol's actions. While we are at it, had Andrea chose to go search for her partner over her little sister in a situation like Maggie's I almost guarantee that she would have gotten a huge backlash. No one would be defending her actions. I really dislike the double standards that some have.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm waiting for honeyconcha and meeka to come on to the forum. I want to see how they will respond to my responses of why Rick didn't trust in Michonne during Season 3 and many other things............

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock89 View Post
    I also agree with this. Had it been Glenn or Sasha no one would be defending Carol's actions. While we are at it, had Andrea chose to go search for her partner over her little sister in a situation like Maggie's I almost guarantee that she would have gotten a huge backlash. No one would be defending her actions. I really dislike the double standards that some have.
    Let's not get into that debate. It has no place here.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Reason's I don't like Rick

people have double standards with the men and women in this show.

one, Rick went to crazy town and didn't look after Judith and Daryl and Maggie went for food for her,
    Maggie and Glenn got kidnapped while going for food for Judith while he was in crazy town
    He left Daryl behind at woodburry
    He didn't kill the Governor when he had the chance
    His son is a little shit
    He was gardening when he should have been working with the council
    when there was the flu outbreak he didn't look after his own children,
    he left the hitchhiker to be eaten
    When Maggie got nearly raped he really didn't do anything about it
    He left Merle handcuffed on the roof
    He didn't do anything for Judith and left it all to Carol and Beth
    He left that prision guy in the courtyard with the walkers didn't check he was dead and he is the reason Lori died.
    He was going to leave Michonne outside when she showed up with formula for Judith (Carl saved her)
    He has double standards,
    He hasn't been seen to do a whole lot of anything around the prision, its been Mainly Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn and now Tyreese.
    He chucked Tyreese and Sasha out of the prision without knowing anything about them
    He left Carol (regardless of what fans think) out on her own a women when he knows women are being raped etc from rogue groups like the 'Claimers' He should have taken her back and locked her in a cell if he felt strongly about anything. esp after what happened to Maggie
    He has no code for any of the women in the group
    He treated Lori terribly
    He only looked for Carl and Judith didn't look to see if anyone else was still alive when the prison fell.
    It was his fault the prision fell because he didn't do his job.
    he also stopped Daryl from going back to look for Andrea

I like him because he's Rick Grimes and he's sexy as hell

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm waiting for honeyconcha and meeka to come on to the forum. I want to see how they will respond to my responses of why Rick didn't trust in Michonne during Season 3 and many other things............
    I tell you what I have noticed. People seem to have such a big problem with the way he treated his wife and how he kicked out poor Carol, but they don't have any problem with the way he treated Michonne. I'm not attacking him for that. You know I love Rick. I know he didn't trust her and he was still a bit crazy. I just notice it's ok that he did that to her and almost handed her over but he kicks out someone who kills two people and the world is coming to an end.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast