Forgot your username?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Level
    Just imagine if Shane left the group and somehow merged in with Terminus or the Saviors.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    He didn't have to kill Shane. Rick later on rants to the remnants of the farm that he had to kill Shane for them. Shane had lowered his weapon but Rick chose to kill him because he could never trust him.
    Rick had been particularly flippy floppy about Randall. Once insisting that he be executed and then flipping again when Carl shows up. Rick was trying to placate Hershel and allowing the walkers to stay in the barn. It was making Shane even crazier.
    I don't think he had to kill Shane but I could understand why he did it. I just wish he didn't have to blame everyone else because he did.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Shane had one goal: to end the night with the man who is willing to kill his best friend in order to keep the people he loves safe, no matter who that man would be. I honestly believe that he knew it could go either way and that there was a chance he wouldn't make it out alive.

He realized that in order to keep those you love safe, you have to be willing to eliminate ANY threat....even if it's your best friend that you love. Shane threatened Rick's life several times, and he knew that either he had to kill Rick so he could keep Carl and Lori alive or Rick would finally step up and make a devastating decision and prove that he would do anything for his family. One of them wasn't going to survive, and it just so happens Rick came out on top.

I have to wonder if Shane wanted it to turn out that way. He knew that Lori and Carl would always choose Rick.....so maybe it was his plan all along to force Rick to fight for his family and become that man that will do anything for them. I think that's all Shane wanted....for Lori and Carl to have a protector at any cost. At least he died knowing that Rick was capable of making tough calls and that he did have what it takes after all.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    100%. This guy staged another mans death and lies to the others to get his best friend alone so he could kill him, take over the farm (most likely) and have lori & carl to himself. Doesn't that sound unstable as fuck?! In that moment he had planned to kill rick. Rick had no choice bevause what if he had let shane live and then shane actually went through with killing him another time? Shane tried to kill rick several times and rick gave him chances enough. Shane was a great character but his dumb ass had to be killed.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee84 View Post
    I think Shane had one goal: to end the night with the man who is willing to kill his best friend in order to keep the people he loves safe, no matter who that man would be. I honestly believe that he knew it could go either way and that there was a chance he wouldn't make it out alive.

He realized that in order to keep those you love safe, you have to be willing to eliminate ANY threat....even if it's your best friend that you love. Shane threatened Rick's life several times, and he knew that either he had to kill Rick so he could keep Carl and Lori alive or Rick would finally step up and make a devastating decision and prove that he would do anything for his family. One of them wasn't going to survive, and it just so happens Rick came out on top.

I have to wonder if Shane wanted it to turn out that way. He knew that Lori and Carl would always choose Rick.....so maybe it was his plan all along to force Rick to fight for his family and become that man that will do anything for them. I think that's all Shane wanted....for Lori and Carl to have a protector at any cost. At least he died knowing that Rick was capable of making tough calls and that he did have what it takes after all.
    I agree that Shane had wanted Rick to get tougher. He wanted to take the farm from Hershel, kill Randall, and start adapting to the new world they live in. He loved Rick but Shane also loved Lori and Carl. He wanted Rick's family. Something happened to him during the time he assumed responsibility for Lori and Carl. He became obsessed with protecting them and Shane would kill anyone that he perceived as a threat to them.

Shane sacrificed Otis so that he (Shane ) could return with the materials to save Carl. He showed little interest in saving Sophia. (only searching for her once ), Shane would have killed Hershel if it came to that.
    He did not search for a safer place. They were literally living in tents. Shane obsessed on Rick's weakness as a leader, but we could see from Shane's leadership at the quarry that he wasn't better. Instead he loitered at the edge of a city having sex with Lori and playing daddy with Carl. No wonder half the group was killed by walkers.
    Shane wanted to kill Rick and he would have done it eventually. I don't think he died happy with the knowledge that Rick had gotten tougher.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456