Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child DesertChildAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The Desert
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    143
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Points
    359
    Level
    6

    General Filming Question

    So, after Terminus, once they group leaves Georgia to head for DC, can we expect that they will completely move the entire set and crew to the northeast on a permanent basis? I mean, they will need more winter/snow scenes once they head to DC and winter (presumably next season - #6). I wonder what the intent is there? When will they leave Georgia and head north for filming? Anyone have any thoughts?

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Offline
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    East Coast
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,330
    Threads
    3
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Points
    94
    Level
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ View Post
    So, after Terminus, once they group leaves Georgia to head for DC, can we expect that they will completely move the entire set and crew to the northeast on a permanent basis? I mean, they will need more winter/snow scenes once they head to DC and winter (presumably next season - #6). I wonder what the intent is there? When will they leave Georgia and head north for filming? Anyone have any thoughts?
    Just an unconfirmed rumor or thought is that they will just film the DC/Alexandria stuff in Georgia. A lot of shows do that.

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Offline
    Bullet Hoarder Coachwhip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Central Gulf Coast
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,328
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Points
    2,546
    Level
    24
    I doubt it. In the comics they don't really show any of the DC landmarks, and there isn't much difference in the weather and temps (especially during the months the show is filmed) between there and the Atlanta area.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Offline
    Problem Child DesertChildAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The Desert
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    143
    Threads
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Points
    359
    Level
    6
    Hmmm...you're right about the filming months....it's not like they would see snowfall during this time, but if they are going to DC in the show, I would certainly like to see more snow. Like battling zombies (and humans!) in the snow and the difficult climates. Atlanta averages 2" of snow a year, with DC averaging 15" per year. Big difference.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Offline
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    East Coast
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,330
    Threads
    3
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Points
    94
    Level
    21
    I live near DC! Snow sucks big time not to mention worst traffic ever!

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Offline
    Banned User Ripley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    U.S.S. Sulaco
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    19,825
    Threads
    940
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Points
    13,627
    Level
    64
    The show has so many tax incentives/financial breaks in place, plus built great relationships with local cities and towns from which the labor for crew and other services are drawn that I think it will stay there. Pinewood Studios opened a huge facility for filming, Raleigh Studios (current show home/prison set) has their facility in Senoia and much can be done to mimic the DC/Alexandria area. The show won't "reinvent the wheel" and start over elsewhere if it is not required IMO- they are just now reaping the benefits of years of relationships, support services which understand the preferred work methods, schedules, needs, etc.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Offline
    Love Interest MrImportant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    511
    Threads
    51
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Points
    1,161
    Level
    11
    I suppose they will CGI the Washington Monument in a lot of frames. That can be seen from a long ways off. If a show is supposed to be set in the DC area, that particular monument is a must. Probably the capitol dome as well.

    Edited to add: I realize the east coast landscape is very similar from Georgia to Maryland, but they need to find a way to get out of the perpetual pine forest. Have the group use a boat to upriver for an episode or two. Anything to jazz up the background a bit.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Offline
    Bullet Hoarder Coachwhip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Central Gulf Coast
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,328
    Threads
    23
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Points
    2,546
    Level
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by MrImportant View Post
    I suppose they will CGI the Washington Monument in a lot of frames. That can be seen from a long ways off. If a show is supposed to be set in the DC area, that particular monument is a must. Probably the capitol dome as well.
    Well, if they go by the GNs, they actually end-up a few miles away in Alexandria, VA.

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Offline
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    East Coast
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,330
    Threads
    3
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Points
    94
    Level
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    The show has so many tax incentives/financial breaks in place, plus built great relationships with local cities and towns from which the labor for crew and other services are drawn that I think it will stay there. Pinewood Studios opened a huge facility for filming, Raleigh Studios (current show home/prison set) has their facility in Senoia and much can be done to mimic the DC/Alexandria area. The show won't "reinvent the wheel" and start over elsewhere if it is not required IMO- they are just now reaping the benefits of years of relationships, support services which understand the preferred work methods, schedules, needs, etc.
    I agree with Ripley!

Related Topics

  1. The Governor... General discussion.
    By Adrianman13 in forum Too Far Gone
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
  2. Article: Some general articles about TWD
    By Labpar in forum General TWD Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 10th, 2014, 12:46 PM
  3. Replies: 61
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
  4. Woodbury rumors S4 general
    By MichaelPittforNegan in forum Season Four
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Spoil The Dead is the largest & number one fansite for AMC's The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead, Image Comic's The Walking Dead, and the Telltale Games. Offering spoilers, games, and community to fans & zombie enthusiasts.