1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level

General Filming Question

So, after Terminus, once they group leaves Georgia to head for DC, can we expect that they will completely move the entire set and crew to the northeast on a permanent basis? I mean, they will need more winter/snow scenes once they head to DC and winter (presumably next season - #6). I wonder what the intent is there? When will they leave Georgia and head north for filming? Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ View Post
    So, after Terminus, once they group leaves Georgia to head for DC, can we expect that they will completely move the entire set and crew to the northeast on a permanent basis? I mean, they will need more winter/snow scenes once they head to DC and winter (presumably next season - #6). I wonder what the intent is there? When will they leave Georgia and head north for filming? Anyone have any thoughts?
    Just an unconfirmed rumor or thought is that they will just film the DC/Alexandria stuff in Georgia. A lot of shows do that.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    I doubt it. In the comics they don't really show any of the DC landmarks, and there isn't much difference in the weather and temps (especially during the months the show is filmed) between there and the Atlanta area.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmmm...you're right about the filming months....it's not like they would see snowfall during this time, but if they are going to DC in the show, I would certainly like to see more snow. Like battling zombies (and humans!) in the snow and the difficult climates. Atlanta averages 2" of snow a year, with DC averaging 15" per year. Big difference.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    I live near DC! Snow sucks big time not to mention worst traffic ever!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    The show has so many tax incentives/financial breaks in place, plus built great relationships with local cities and towns from which the labor for crew and other services are drawn that I think it will stay there. Pinewood Studios opened a huge facility for filming, Raleigh Studios (current show home/prison set) has their facility in Senoia and much can be done to mimic the DC/Alexandria area. The show won't "reinvent the wheel" and start over elsewhere if it is not required IMO- they are just now reaping the benefits of years of relationships, support services which understand the preferred work methods, schedules, needs, etc.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I suppose they will CGI the Washington Monument in a lot of frames. That can be seen from a long ways off. If a show is supposed to be set in the DC area, that particular monument is a must. Probably the capitol dome as well.

Edited to add: I realize the east coast landscape is very similar from Georgia to Maryland, but they need to find a way to get out of the perpetual pine forest. Have the group use a boat to upriver for an episode or two. Anything to jazz up the background a bit.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MrImportant View Post
    I suppose they will CGI the Washington Monument in a lot of frames. That can be seen from a long ways off. If a show is supposed to be set in the DC area, that particular monument is a must. Probably the capitol dome as well.
    Well, if they go by the GNs, they actually end-up a few miles away in Alexandria, VA.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    The show has so many tax incentives/financial breaks in place, plus built great relationships with local cities and towns from which the labor for crew and other services are drawn that I think it will stay there. Pinewood Studios opened a huge facility for filming, Raleigh Studios (current show home/prison set) has their facility in Senoia and much can be done to mimic the DC/Alexandria area. The show won't "reinvent the wheel" and start over elsewhere if it is not required IMO- they are just now reaping the benefits of years of relationships, support services which understand the preferred work methods, schedules, needs, etc.
    I agree with Ripley!