Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

WP "Give Melissa McBride an Emmy! The Walking Dead Fans Launch "McEmmy Campaign"

"...AMC recently revealed the "Something Human" posters it’s using to promote the TWD cast for Emmy Awards consideration. We hope it works, but fans are also launching their own campaigns to reinforce the message.

Right after the Emmys posers were revealed, fans created a Twitter account and Facebook page for The McEmmy Campaign.

@McEmmyCampaign is “A Grassroots Fan Campaign” that’s currently pushing a series of tweets labeled “For Your Consideration - Melissa McBride for Outstanding Supporting Actress in The Walking Dead #McEmmy” to outlets from The Hollywood Reporter to Entertainment Weekly. The Facebook page is also posting billboard photos of Melissa/Carol, adding, “Melissa McBride deserves an Emmy nomination for her work in season four of The Walking Dead. Help spread the word!..."

Source

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Awesome! Fan power!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I like seeing that fans of the show and of Melissa can work together in positive ways.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)

"McEmmy Campaign"

Credit: Gene Page/AMC

It's no secret we heart the heck out of Melissa McBride and think the world of her powerful work as Carol Peletier on The Walking Dead Season 4. And we’re not alone!
    "The Grove" was one of the strongest episodes of the series to date, in large part because of Melissa's unforgettable performance, which left Greg Nicotero speechless and in tears. And this is the guy who deals with fake blood and guts for a living, so he's not all that soft.
    AMC recently revealed the "Something Human" posters it’s using to promote the TWD cast for Emmy Awards consideration. We hope it works, but fans are also launching their own campaigns to reinforce the message.
    Right after the Emmys posters were revealed, fans created a Twitter account and Facebook page for The McEmmy Campaign.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    She is a good actress but I don't think she deserves an Emmy just because of 1 episode.
    There are other actors who have had an excellent interpretation over the 4 seasons that are more worthy of an Emmy.

I don't want to offend anyone I'm just giving my opinion.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Akashia View Post
    She is a good actress but I don't think she deserves an Emmy just because of 1 episode.
    There are other actors who have had an excellent interpretation over the 4 seasons that are more worthy of an Emmy.

No offense taken, Akashia. :)

I've heard many say the Emmy should be given for the whole season in these categories. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong, anybody who knows for certain) they're currently considered per episode.

Melissa's acting, her transformation of Carol, over the 4 years of the show, has been some of the best work I've ever seen on any series. Jmo, and I agree TWD has many excellent actors!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)

not a worry. Some of the others have done some excellent work over the years: AL, SY, SW, DG even CR did a fabulous job in "After". MMB is just the first one to actually get the possible Emmy attention for the show. (for acting)
    As for this being based on just one episode of her work, we'll have to agree to disagree. She has been consistent in her performances, The Grove was just the first time the bulk of the episode relied heavily on her skills.
    CC and the girls did wonderful work as well, but for me at least, to have this storyline and not alienate the casual viewers, it took someone with the subtle skills and presence to elevate it beyond the "kill of the week".
    I will admit to being a HUGE MMB/Carol fan, so maybe that colors how I feel about it, but seeing the praise heaped on her by reviewers shows me (IMO) that others have come to appreciate her as much as I have.
    Last edited by vicki; May 23rd, 2014 at 10:20 AM.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Level
    After her performance in the grove...damn right give her an emmy. Her performance was spectacular imho..she deserves it. Even Brighton sharbinos acting was amazing. That was a perfect episode. Her performance was enough to bring
    me to tears...I actually felt bad for her character...it's like I could actually feel it because she was so believable

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)

I agree that no one should win an acting award just for one episode, but The Grove is just the cherry on top of the sundae when it comes to MMB. With this episode, she was given material that showcased her great talent. That actress is a natural. She owns her craft. She doesn't overact. She delivers subtle, layered and insightful performances. She captivates us with her eyes. She can convey all her thoughts and emotions with those eyes. (Honestly, they could shoot all her scenes just framing her eyes and we wouldn't miss anything important. She's that good!). She made Carol's transformation from weak, abused wife to strong, capable survivor organic and believable. She shines in all her scenes. She's brilliant! People don't want her to win just because of The Grove, they want her to win for the ensemble of her work since season 1.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by reckon View Post
    No offense taken, Akashia. :)

I've heard many say the Emmy should be given for the whole season in these categories. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong, anybody who knows for certain) they're currently considered per episode.

Melissa's acting, her transformation of Carol, over the 4 years of the show, has been some of the best work I've ever seen on any series. Jmo, and I agree TWD has many excellent actors!

Quote Originally Posted by V <3 View Post
    not a worry. Some of the others have done some excellent work over the years: AL, SY, SW, DG even CR did a fabulous job in "After". MMB is just the first one to actually get the possible Emmy attention for the show. (for acting)
    As for this being based on just one episode of her work, we'll have to agree to disagree. She has been consistent in her performances, The Grove was just the first time the bulk of the episode relied heavily on her skills.
    CC and the girls did wonderful work as well, but for me at least, to have this storyline and not alienate the casual viewers, it took someone with the subtle skills and presence to elevate it beyond the "kill of the week".
    I will admit to being a HUGE MMB/Carol fan, so maybe that colors how I feel about it, but seeing the praise heaped on her by reviewers shows me (IMO) that others have come to appreciate her as much as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    I agree that no one should win an acting award just for one episode, but The Grove is just the cherry on top of the sundae when it comes to MMB. With this episode, she was given material that showcased her great talent. That actress is a natural. She owns her craft. She doesn't overact. She delivers subtle, layered and insightful performances. She captivates us with her eyes. She can convey all her thoughts and emotions with those eyes. (Honestly, they could shoot all her scenes just framing her eyes and we wouldn't miss anything important. She's that good!). She made Carol's transformation from weak, abused wife to strong, capable survivor organic and believable. She shines in all her scenes. She's brilliant! People don't want her to win just because of The Grove, they want her to win for the ensemble of her work since season 1.

Sorry, I understand what you all are saying but it didn't touch me that way, I was much more impressed with the interpretation of SWC in "Killer Within" and I'm not even a Lori fan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast