1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long Sassenach's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Level

‘Walking Dead’ artist Charlie Adlard loves his life

In person, British comic book artist Charles “Charlie” Adlard is a lively, talkative fellow, the exact opposite of the shambling, moaning, flesh-eating zombies he has brought to un-life as the penciller of “The Walking Dead,” which is now a record-breaking cable TV drama with fans worldwide.

How did you get the gig to draw “The Walking Dead”? Robert Kirkman (the series’ writer) e-mailed me out of the blue, asking if I’d like to work on this small comic book called “The Walking Dead.” He had published “Codeflesh,” a series I worked on with Joe Casey. To be honest, the reason I said yes at the time was because I was between jobs. I was literally looking for the next thing as any struggling comic book artist. It had to be seriously bad for me to refuse to do it.

What’s it like to see the property become such a huge success?
    Obviously it’ s amazing, but it’s also kind of surreal. I live in a very rural part of the UK. I feel very removed from the mania of “The Walking Dead.” My day hasn’t really changed from the day I did issue 7 to now when I’m doing issue 130. It’s kind of a surreal experience when I come to places like this and I see the crowds.
    It was bizarre on set just seeing our creation come to life, and seeing the money they put into it, and walking around four blocks of Atlanta which they sealed off just to shoot the zombie apocalypse. It felt like you were in a movie and not a TV show. So those moments are really kind of special moments but it’s also nice to get back to the normality of my existence at home.

Source

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    He's a really awesome guy in person, super talkative and funny!
    Definitely my favorite Artist with Nick Dragotta ( East Of West ) being 2nd,
    Nick does some AMAZING stuff also just different type of art, all done digitally using Manga EX on a Macbook actually.... I hope to get a Sketch from him one of these days to go with my TWD original pages

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    For more information, please like this video about Daniel Allard (The art of The Walking Dead)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn4yoUv4808