1. Back To Top    #51
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachwhip View Post
    Quoting myself from another thread:
    Well that's sad and cool all at the same time. Thanks for the conversation and knowledge. Modern day niceties and luxuries are what is our demise. I still like to think someday people will come along to what we've left behind. Wonder what was important to our culture and what wasn't.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Level
    You know when Jacqui said it could be the wrath of God, that really was a viable explanation as any.

Daryth you make an interesting point....for all society's modernization it fell very fast didn't it. And attempts to rebuild on the old model, like Woodbury and the Prison, fell fairly quickly too. Maybe a new paradigm (whatever the hell that means!) is needed.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    You know when Jacqui said it could be the wrath of God, that really was a viable explanation as any.

Daryth you make an interesting point....for all society's modernization it fell very fast didn't it. And attempts to rebuild on the old model, like Woodbury and the Prison, fell fairly quickly too. Maybe a new paradigm (whatever the hell that means!) is needed.
    Back to the primitive time! As far as God, maybe it WAS the rapture. We all agree things were left in a snap...:)

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    ...Part of me wants to know really badly. I want those flashback scenes of the early news reports. Who was patient zero? Is Judith infected as well because she was born 'after' the turning? Is it a virus? A bacteria? A fungus? Something in the water? Something man made? Did a meteor crash and spread an alien plague?! Sometimes I'm bewildered at how seldom the characters on the show talk about it. I feel like a conversation would pop at least once or twice...

...I think, ultimately, by the show's end, I would want to know. I would want answers...
    I agree with all of that. I would like to know also and flashbacks to the beginning would be cool. But even without flashbacks, I would like to know. I would like them to show scientists who are working on understanding what is going on and who are trying to find a cure or a vaccine or something.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    I want to know, and I hold out a little hope that that could be a storyline in the final season. I know that's never what the show is going to be about, and that's fine, obviously, but I'd still like to know.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyChatKiller View Post
    I want to know, and I hold out a little hope that that could be a storyline in the final season. I know that's never what the show is going to be about, and that's fine, obviously, but I'd still like to know.
    I too imagine the final season focusing on some kind of re-building of society or something. Maybe never get a cure or an answer, but focusing on how it spread and conclusively knowing it won't happen again or something. I would love some kind of closure towards the end. Gf they don't give us answers then fine, but I would at least one a SAFE safe place. I'd hate for the show to end and our characters to be somewhere thatight end up getting overrun one day in the future like prison did. A place that is solid, with concrete walls or something. I do hope for that so that whomever survives the final episodes can keep on going.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Level
    I came across a possible cause for how zombies came about that I don't remember anyone ever mentioning: optogenetics. An experiment gone wrong in the use of light to control neural activity.

I still think there is no medical explanation for dead people walking but its a theory I never heard of before. Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456