Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    Not sure if this exact thread exists somewhere because I know foreshadowing has been discussed in various parts of this forum, but I wanted to compile a list of things that may be perceived as "foreshadowing" from season 4. It has this 'conspiracy theory' persona about it where some people think it's ridiculous that there's any foreshadowing going on and others think there's something in each episode that can mean something else.

I, myself, am in the middle. Foreshadowing is an excellent writers tool, if used properly. And, it appears to me that Scott Gimple enjoys teasing the fans with innuendos and possibilities. In that respect, it's a great marketing tool as well. But, I think there exists some genuine foreshadowing in episodes mixed in with other things that *could be* foreshadowing, but are not really - just to keep us guessing and on our toes.

Here's what I have come up with so far. Let's see if we can add to or take away from this list.

- Maggie burning Glenn's picture of her sleeping
    - Daryl breaking an arrow
    - Beth mentioning a future where Maggie & Glenn have a baby
    - Bob being the only survivor of 2 previous groups
    - Daryl lying in a coffin
    - All of the animal traps we have seen throughout the season
    - Beth wearing the sheriff's hat
    - Signs on dead bodies
    - Beth's Washington DC spoon
    - All the references to clocks, watches, and time

Anything else? Help me out. Let's speculate. October is far away. :)
    I watched alone again last night, Maggie wanted to go and Sasha said we need to be able to see, if we can't see they can't fight. Beth said something about seeing stuff, Daryl talked about seeing stuff. there are more but I will have to watch a few more episodes .

is everyone seeing 'stuff and thangs?'

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Level
    Beth spoon I think was an Easter Egg for comic fans.
    Daryl lying in a coffin maybe I mean he will die eventually.
    Beth and the sheriff hat had to do with Carl IMHO, but that is a different thread.
    Signs on the dead body's has got to be explained at some point. I really don't know what that was all about.
    The Maggie picture was foreshadowed already they were separated and Glenn had the picture, now they are together again. Maggie probably didn't like how she looked in it anyway

Bob being the last survivor maybe means he wont be the last survivor this time maybe he is first to go.
    Daryl breaking an arrow I think just meant they were old arrows. Maybe it was symbolic to how he was feeling at the time.
    Idk what the deal is with time/clocks and bunnies...Maybe it is foreshadowing the Rabbit from Alice in wonderland is coming, lol.

Not sure what you mean by animal traps? The prison group set some then the one Beth was caught up in. For that area of GA I dont think that is uncommon and it looked rusty. So I honestly think it had been there pre-ZA.

I honestly don't think there is that much foreshadowing going on, I think it is a lot of over thinking the smallest of things. I don't see how there can be that much foreshadowing for one show. But I could be very wrong about that as well.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Level
    I personally don't believe the signed people have any real meaning, have anything to do with terminus, or anything to do with the governor. I think it's just the writer's way of telling those people's story because obviously they can't tell themselves and we haven't seen why they met their demise or what kind of people they were. Just setting the mood. I'm sure I'm wrong though...:)

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Level
    Wasn't there some references to the cross foreshadowing Beth's abduction? There were crosses on the crates they put in the back of the car in ep401....was Ana's tattoo a cross? I am guessing this is foreshadowing to
    Spoiler Spoiler:

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Level
    Everything already meantioned and Beth continuously saying things about being blind. "I'm not blind" "Bad moonshine can make you go blind" Etc. Time/clocks/watches is a big one, Travel as Daryl says he has never been out of Georgia

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    I think the possible foreshadowing of Bob's revelations that he survived 2 previous groups, could also imply he could be the first casualty , when the "A' team escapes Terminus, just a speculation. :)

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    The blind/sight stuff scares me. You can't be blind and have any chance of survival in this world, I really feel. It would just be so tragic. A bodily injury like Hershel's someone can live with, but being blind or something....ouch. no no no. There were actually a lot of references to what people can see or can't see or going blind and I don't like it at all. Unless maybe it's foreshadowing for the enemy.....doubtful. So, I'm hoping it means nothing, or it's more symbolic. Like "I can finally SEE you for who you really are" or something LOL.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    The blind/sight stuff scares me. You can't be blind and have any chance of survival in this world, I really feel. It would just be so tragic. A bodily injury like Hershel's someone can live with, but being blind or something....ouch. no no no. There were actually a lot of references to what people can see or can't see or going blind and I don't like it at all. Unless maybe it's foreshadowing for the enemy.....doubtful. So, I'm hoping it means nothing, or it's more symbolic. Like "I can finally SEE you for who you really are" or something LOL.
    I don't think the talk about the moonshine had any significance, besides just educating the viewers of the show about the risk you take by drinking methyl alcohol :)

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I grew up with a certain animated film called Watership Down which was about rabbits (I never understood the title but anyways).
    One of my favorite books and films. I always cry at the end. Yeah, I'm a love interest now. Maybe for Tyreese?
    Last edited by Carl's Right Eye; June 11th, 2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added sentence

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    The beginning of season 4 Rick finds a buried gun at the prison and at the end of season 4 he buries his own guns just outside of Terminus. Also, Sam and Ana were hiding out in an abandoned neighborhood
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    . Ana's leg was severed
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    and her body possibly used as
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast