1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level

Foreshadowing From Season 4

Not sure if this exact thread exists somewhere because I know foreshadowing has been discussed in various parts of this forum, but I wanted to compile a list of things that may be perceived as "foreshadowing" from season 4. It has this 'conspiracy theory' persona about it where some people think it's ridiculous that there's any foreshadowing going on and others think there's something in each episode that can mean something else.

I, myself, am in the middle. Foreshadowing is an excellent writers tool, if used properly. And, it appears to me that Scott Gimple enjoys teasing the fans with innuendos and possibilities. In that respect, it's a great marketing tool as well. But, I think there exists some genuine foreshadowing in episodes mixed in with other things that *could be* foreshadowing, but are not really - just to keep us guessing and on our toes.

Here's what I have come up with so far. Let's see if we can add to or take away from this list.

- Maggie burning Glenn's picture of her sleeping
    - Daryl breaking an arrow
    - Beth mentioning a future where Maggie & Glenn have a baby
    - Bob being the only survivor of 2 previous groups
    - Daryl lying in a coffin
    - All of the animal traps we have seen throughout the season
    - Beth wearing the sheriff's hat
    - Signs on dead bodies
    - Beth's Washington DC spoon
    - All the references to clocks, watches, and time

Anything else? Help me out. Let's speculate. October is far away. :)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Say NO to the Cult of Carol Lkycharms's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Level
    flowers....and
    Bunnies....too

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    I think this just symbolized that Maggie isn't going to let Glenn slip away again.

I think this was used to show that Daryl isn't invincible and that supplies run low. Maybe it's because we always talk about unlimited ammo, etc?

It's possible, but she always mentioned Hershel in it and he's long gone. I think she says "I always thought Maggie and Glenn would have a baby..." which could foreshadow it not happening.

I have high doubts that Bob would outsurvive team prison.

It just seemed like a typical Daryl thing.

This might have something to do with the trapping in Terminus.

I think this was used to signify the change from S3 to S4 in how they were acting. The farmer, his daughter, the cop and his two children trying to learn the ways of farming.

- Signs on dead bodies
    Don't really know about this one.

I think this has significance. They may be heading there soon.

I'm not sure, the best thing I could pull from that was "All these bottle episodes and we're gonna run out of time!!!" Or it could symbolize that they're trapped in a train car and if Terminus are cannibals, there's no time to lose- or it's just a matter of time.

I noticed in S4E1, Carol is at the grill (think about Mary.) She and Daryl are speaking, and Daryl speaks to Patrick briefly (may resemble that Mary and Andrew? were close or something and how they felt about their community.) Daryl says something about the Woodburians and how Rick has brought even more people in (the Savannah group) Carol replies about how you've got to trust it, take them in, feed them and hope for the best ... something another. It either parallels Terminus in that they aren't bad people or ​it shows how Terminus was.

- - - Updated - - -

Also with the bunnies, I think if Terminus is bad it's explaining how a predator would catch a rabbit. Try to trap it, if it gets lose and burrows to feel safe, dig for it- kill it- whatever.

The yellow flowers have me at a loss. The photo Michonne found, "Look at the flowers" and the flowers in Terminus.

Of course those could have just been pointing to Lizzie that whole time.
    Last edited by Princess Char; June 10th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    - The weird picture of the woman with a smear of blood and side braid (of evil) wrapped up like it had just come directly from a frame shop in the house Michonne and Carl raided;
    - The conversation between Rick, Michonne and Carl about hunger;
    - The conversation about monsters between Michonne and Carl;
    - The one eyed dog;
    - The fully stocked funeral home pantry;
    - The blood shooting all over Beth's new clothes in the country club;
    - Eugene's sudden change of heart about going to Terminus rather than D.C.;
    - The powdered milk containers outside the box car;
    - The body parts/bones in Terminus;
    - The weird chapel room;
    - The items stolen from Glenn, Maggie, etc. being worn by the Termites.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreese's girlfriend View Post
    - The weird picture of the woman with a smear of blood and side braid (of evil) wrapped up like it had just come directly from a frame shop in the house Michonne and Carl raided;
    - The conversation between Rick, Michonne and Carl about hunger;
    - The conversation about monsters between Michonne and Carl;
    - The one eyed dog;
    - The fully stocked funeral home pantry;
    - The blood shooting all over Beth's new clothes in the country club;
    - Eugene's sudden change of heart about going to Terminus rather than D.C.;
    - The powdered milk containers outside the box car;
    - The body parts/bones in Terminus;
    - The weird chapel room;
    - The items stolen from Glenn, Maggie, etc. being worn by the Termites.
    Bold, italic and underlined.
    The thing that disturbs me the most.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I think the wrapped picture Michonne found disturbed me the most (because of its resemblance to Mary), along with the one eyed dog. We've only seen a couple of dogs on TWD. I've expect to see more dogs surviving since dogs are scavengers, could easily outrun walkers and could hide out in narrow places where walkers couldn't reach them. I wonder if the dog was bait for Daryl to open the door to the walkers and whether the funeral home has anything to do with the Termites.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by chartlesaur View Post
    I think this just symbolized that Maggie isn't going to let Glenn slip away again.

I think this was used to show that Daryl isn't invincible and that supplies run low. Maybe it's because we always talk about unlimited ammo, etc?

It's possible, but she always mentioned Hershel in it and he's long gone. I think she says "I always thought Maggie and Glenn would have a baby..." which could foreshadow it not happening.

I have high doubts that Bob would outsurvive team prison.

It just seemed like a typical Daryl thing.

This might have something to do with the trapping in Terminus.

I think this was used to signify the change from S3 to S4 in how they were acting. The farmer, his daughter, the cop and his two children trying to learn the ways of farming.

- Signs on dead bodies
    Don't really know about this one.

I think this has significance. They may be heading there soon.

I'm not sure, the best thing I could pull from that was "All these bottle episodes and we're gonna run out of time!!!" Or it could symbolize that they're trapped in a train car and if Terminus are cannibals, there's no time to lose- or it's just a matter of time.

I noticed in S4E1, Carol is at the grill (think about Mary.) She and Daryl are speaking, and Daryl speaks to Patrick briefly (may resemble that Mary and Andrew? were close or something and how they felt about their community.) Daryl says something about the Woodburians and how Rick has brought even more people in (the Savannah group) Carol replies about how you've got to trust it, take them in, feed them and hope for the best ... something another. It either parallels Terminus in that they aren't bad people or ​it shows how Terminus was.

- - - Updated - - -

Also with the bunnies, I think if Terminus is bad it's explaining how a predator would catch a rabbit. Try to trap it, if it gets lose and burrows to feel safe, dig for it- kill it- whatever.

The yellow flowers have me at a loss. The photo Michonne found, "Look at the flowers" and the flowers in Terminus.

Of course those could have just been pointing to Lizzie that whole time.
    Out of likes!

I didn't draw the parallels with grilling either. We started and ended the season that way. Interesting.

And yes , yellow flowers. Everything with Lizzie, and then the Michonne painting, and the ones at terminus, Daryl put yellow flowers on the Beloved Father tombstone for Hershel... They were all yellow....

And bunnies. Good one. I grew up with a certain animated film called Watership Down which was about rabbits (I never understood the title but anyways). They say a rabbit is the singular animal with the most enemies in this world. It's kind of a mythology surrounding rabbits. So, if you buy into that, it definitely parallels our group.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ScifiSpirit View Post
    Out of likes!

I didn't draw the parallels with grilling either. We started and ended the season that way. Interesting.

And yes , yellow flowers. Everything with Lizzie, and then the Michonne painting, and the ones at terminus, Daryl put yellow flowers on the Beloved Father tombstone for Hershel... They were all yellow....

And bunnies. Good one. I grew up with a certain animated film called Watership Down which was about rabbits (I never understood the title but anyways). They say a rabbit is the singular animal with the most enemies in this world. It's kind of a mythology surrounding rabbits. So, if you buy into that, it definitely parallels our group.
    I have rabbits so I'm always interested in hearing about them in stories, etc. I definitely think they're the rabbits and Terminus is the trap or the bird, snake, whatever.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by chartlesaur View Post
    Bold, italic and underlined.
    The thing that disturbs me the most.
    As a Daryl fan, I can jokingly but openly admit to saying how upset I was that the finale ended and he didn't get his poncho back. :P

But all great observations so far. Keep them coming. I think some of these things are just decoys and others are really foreshadowing. We will see. :)

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Level
    The way it looked like rick had an eyepatch like the gov when he says that they are screwing with the wrong people

beth saying that Daryl will be the last man standing and that he is going to miss her when she's gone.

Beth saying that there are still good people

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast