Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

Terminus Escape Will Involve "Ingenuity," "Creativity," "Savageness"

"...Comic book writer/TV exec producer Robert Kirkman recently told Entertainment Weekly we’ll get a ton of answers about Terminus in the very first episode. But is that also when they escape? He didn’t say that much, but Kirkman did tell EW, “They definitely get out of that train car. They do not spend the entirety of Season 5 in that train car. It is through ingenuity and creativity and somewhat savageness that they are able to make their way out of that train car.”

Brains and brawn to the rescue! Of course, with the amount of hotness in that train car, they could’ve also tried flirting their way out. Mary might’ve joined the line of Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) fans.

What kind of creativity and savageness, though?
    More biting like Rick vs. Joe’s neck in the Season 4 finale? Something involving Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride) and Tyreese (Chad Coleman), who were last seen on their way to Terminus? Something involving Rick’s secret stash of weapons outside the Terminus fence? Something involving Beth Greene (Emily Kinney), who was last seen running from the funeral home house and most likely abducted by whoever was driving that car with the cross on the back? Something involving a spy on the inside at Terminus? Other outside help beyond Carol and Ty? (MacGyver? MacGruber?) Does Judith save everyone with her secret zombie apocalypse baby powers? (Kidding. Unless it happens.)

Source

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm thinking there has to be a large outside factor... Be it Carol, Beth, or other Termites. It's hard to imagine anything they could do inside the train car with no weapons that would feel gimmicky. But hey, thank god I'm not a writer. I don't have to come up with it. :)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    From filming we know a crowd (unknown numbers) may be involved since some were chasing Carl into a corner inside the Terminus fence when the episode was being filmed. So I am curious how this will all hang together on the screen. I agree with you LadyChatKiller, I would not want to have to write the way out of 'A' in the premiere episode.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    the truth, i don't know how to start with the theories... i could imagine that the season starts with Carol and Tyresse watching terminus from outside, probably at the right moment where Rick and the others are taken to the vagon but of course, the new sweater with blood of Carol is that the question... so rather I start saying that the episode begins with Carol, Tyresse and Judith on their trip with some problems before seeing our characters in the vagon and arriving at the moment where the group of Rick is in trouble and devise a plan ... or come in a cute moment where they fall in the trap and are also locked

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    From filming we know a crowd (unknown numbers) may be involved since some were chasing Carl into a corner inside the Terminus fence when the episode was being filmed. So I am curious how this will all hang together on the screen. I agree with you LadyChatKiller, I would not want to have to write the way out of 'A' in the premiere episode.
    For a moment I wondered if Kirkman had memorized the "ingenuity and creativity and somewhat savageness" line, but it's just the same quote in two different articles.

Thanks for mentioning the Carl thing, because I either missed it or forgot it. I don't think they wrote themselves into that boxcar without knowing exactly how they'd get out, though.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyChatKiller View Post
    I'm thinking there has to be a large outside factor... Be it Carol, Beth, or other Termites. It's hard to imagine anything they could do inside the train car with no weapons that would feel gimmicky. But hey, thank god I'm not a writer. I don't have to come up with it. :)
    It's the opposite for me. There's just no way for Tyreese or Carol to know they were taken prisoner - or Beth for that matter. Rick buried the weapons so nobody is just going to stumble across those by accident. As far as the group inside the boxcar knows, Tyreese is dead and Carol and Beth are "just gone". They won't be expecting anyone to show up and rescue them so they will be figuring out a way to escape on their own.

There are a lot of possibilities there that would enable them to do that. Too many to really formulate any specific theory really. Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl were not completely stripped of all their possessions like the others were. Rick still has his utility belt - which was not searched and could contain a small knife or something they could use. The belt itself could be useful for leverage. Michonne still has her sword sheath - which could be a weapon in and of itself. Some have speculated that they may have hidden a knife in Carl's hat - I'm not so sure about that. But it's possible for them to use what they have to figure out a way to escape. The floor is wood planks - they could use the belt and the sheath to pry up planks to make a hole big enough for someone to slip out. The planks could also be used as weapons. The boxcar is right next to the fence and just a short distance from where Rick buried the bag of weapons so, if they can get someone out, they could retrieve the weapons.

Then there is the obvious - someone comes to feed them or take them out of the boxcar for whatever reason and they overpower them. Again, what they have on them could be useful. Michonne could knock someone out with the sheath for example. If they have guards on the rooftops like they did when they captured them, they could also exchange clothes to trick the guards - but that possibility only works from a distance. Some have speculated that Eugene could use his brains to Macgyver them out of there - powdered milk bomb seems to be the favorite idea there. Ingenuity, creativity, and savageness could apply to any or all of those possibilities.

Of course, getting out of the boxcar is only part of escaping - they will have to fight their way out of Terminus itself. That's probably where "savageness" comes into it. That's where I think outside help from Tyreese and/or Carol would come into play as well. They were behind everyone else so they could arrive as that battle is taking place. Carl and Michonne are both distinct and recognizable from a distance so I could see them recognizing one of them and realizing that is their friends. But they have to consider Judith as well so the odds are that only one of them would help fight and the other would look for a place to hide with Judith - saving that big reunion until after the battle is over and the group is safe.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    I think they will lure some people into a trap. The most naive of the Termites for sure. And we know they don't need weapons to kill anybody.. (they have a Daryl also).

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
    It's the opposite for me. There's just no way for Tyreese or Carol to know they were taken prisoner - or Beth for that matter. Rick buried the weapons so nobody is just going to stumble across those by accident. As far as the group inside the boxcar knows, Tyreese is dead and Carol and Beth are "just gone". They won't be expecting anyone to show up and rescue them so they will be figuring out a way to escape on their own.

There are a lot of possibilities there that would enable them to do that. Too many to really formulate any specific theory really. Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl were not completely stripped of all their possessions like the others were. Rick still has his utility belt - which was not searched and could contain a small knife or something they could use. The belt itself could be useful for leverage. Michonne still has her sword sheath - which could be a weapon in and of itself. Some have speculated that they may have hidden a knife in Carl's hat - I'm not so sure about that. But it's possible for them to use what they have to figure out a way to escape. The floor is wood planks - they could use the belt and the sheath to pry up planks to make a hole big enough for someone to slip out. The planks could also be used as weapons. The boxcar is right next to the fence and just a short distance from where Rick buried the bag of weapons so, if they can get someone out, they could retrieve the weapons.

Then there is the obvious - someone comes to feed them or take them out of the boxcar for whatever reason and they overpower them. Again, what they have on them could be useful. Michonne could knock someone out with the sheath for example. If they have guards on the rooftops like they did when they captured them, they could also exchange clothes to trick the guards - but that possibility only works from a distance. Some have speculated that Eugene could use his brains to Macgyver them out of there - powdered milk bomb seems to be the favorite idea there. Ingenuity, creativity, and savageness could apply to any or all of those possibilities.

Of course, getting out of the boxcar is only part of escaping - they will have to fight their way out of Terminus itself. That's probably where "savageness" comes into it. That's where I think outside help from Tyreese and/or Carol would come into play as well. They were behind everyone else so they could arrive as that battle is taking place. Carl and Michonne are both distinct and recognizable from a distance so I could see them recognizing one of them and realizing that is their friends. But they have to consider Judith as well so the odds are that only one of them would help fight and the other would look for a place to hide with Judith - saving that big reunion until after the battle is over and the group is safe.
    These are my thoughts exactly! Unless there is a flashback scene that shows Carol and Ty watching them get corralled into the boxcar, they would have no way of knowing they are there. And the weapons, even if they are found, wont be a dead giveaway that the group is in Boxcar A or even still alive.

Personally, I think it's going to come down to Rick. I think all the other characters, including Carol & Ty, will be strong players in the episode, but the finale had a lot of 'grand' Rick moments. He used those investigative observation skills to notice the poncho/watch/riot gear on everyone and figured things out quickly from there. And then of course, with the final line of the episode, that was a very strong Rick 'beat'. I think escaping the boxcar is going to Rick's doing, ultimately. He pretty much 'owned' Terminus from the minute he arrived, I think he's going to be the one to come out on top. He'll come up with the plan. That's my take on it, anyways. :)

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    It's pretty easy to figure out if you think about it.

They find a warp zone and take the pipe to Act 5-2.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I think they will lure some people into a trap. The most naive of the Termites for sure. And we know they don't need weapons to kill anybody.. (they have a Daryl also).
    Please...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast