Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Who is Judith's biological father?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shane

26 66.67%
  • Rick

10 25.64%
  • Daryl

1 2.56%
  • Other

2 5.13%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Back To Top    #41
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    The Wiki timeline has Rick in a coma for a ridiculous six weeks, so that is no help.

Two brown-eyed parents can absolutely produce a blue-eyed baby, but nice catch on Judith's blue eyes. I hadn't noticed.

I thought the writers gave us Rick and Carl's blood type (A) in S2 to set up a reveal down the line that Judith is Shane's biological daughter, but unless there is a way in the ZA to determine the actual blood genotype for Rick (AA or AO) and they know Lori's genotype (she has to be AB or BB or BO because she didn't give Carl blood in S2), there is no way to guess at Judith's paternity by simple blood typing. If Lori is type B and has genotype BO and Rick is type A and genotype AO, then Rick and Lori could have a child who is A, B, AB, or O - all four types covered. Simple ABO blood typing doesn't provide the genotype.

I spend way too much time on this stuff.

But in the end, Judith is Rick's daughter. I don't believe he would love her any less if he learned she is Shane's biological child or any more if he learned she is his biological child.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    How much time passed between Rick's return and the arrival on the farm? I always thought it was like a week, which is NOT enough time for an accurate pregnancy test.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    From a purely biological stand-point,it's most likely that Judith is Shane's.However there is an outside chance that Rick has bionic sperm,so........

4. Back To Top    #44
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Grimes View Post
    How much time passed between Rick's return and the arrival on the farm? I always thought it was like a week, which is NOT enough time for an accurate pregnancy test.
    I just googled and average is about 2 weeks for a pregnancy test to work

5. Back To Top    #45
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Level
    Eight days, I believe. Day 1 = Rick's return (sex that night). Day 8 = Glenn's run to the pharmacy (Lori used the test that night IIRC).

6. Back To Top    #46
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Level
    How's is it "most likely Shane's" from a biological standpoint? She could've conceived a baby the day before Rick was shot (in the pilot), FFS.

And people only rush to do a pregnancy test on the first effective day .... under what kind of circumstances?

The ZA happens, women are running for their lives, are they looking at the calendar going, OMG am I late? OMG am I supposed to get my period today, so I can do the pregnancy test tomorrow? Or does SHIT HAPPEN and then suddenly, Whoa, when was the last time I had my period? I have no clue and I have no calendar and OMG could I be pregnant?

Seriously.

In the series it's not clear. It *is* clear that she is biologically Carl's sister. I don't think the casting folks are being too particular in the casting of the baby bit except that she be cute and that they vaguely resemble each other as they cast new ones. Am not thinking they're trying to hint at paternity.

In the GN everyone assumes she's Shane's, but then she dies so it's irrelevant. When Kirkman said his 99% thing, was he talking about the GN? Where even Rick assumes she's Shane's? I mean, they mix up all sorts of other details in the series, so why not that, too?

But I still think

7. Back To Top    #47
    Status
    True Happiness Begins Within Lilac Fields's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Level
    Personally I think Judith is Shane's baby. She was his in the comics. I thought Shane was Irish. Isn't Walsh a Irish name. This is a good Google question. The previous Judith's had flaming red hair with blue eyes. Lori and Rick were unhappy in their marriage so most likely they weren't having much sexxx. Ten years passed before she got pregnant with Judith. Shane looks like he has Hulk sperm that would rip your uterus to shreds. I think all that forest sexxx got Lori knocked up. Shane had sex with Lori a few days before Rick so his soldiers probably got there first. All I know is all the petals hadn't fallen off the flowers in Ricks hospital room so it wasn't that long that the world went to Hades. Now what if Shane was having sex with Lori while Rick was in a coma but before the turn. Shane did say it was a long time coming so they might of been eyeing each other for a long time. Either way Rick will love Judith as his own.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Level
    I hate this poll I hate it, I want it to die in a fire.

Just let me cover my ears and pretend its Ricks, mmmmmkay
    I'm right there with ya, lol.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Level
    Looking at this photo of Judith in S6 and the skin tone the actress has is a bit hispanic... could it be Morales'? lol

Just kidding.

I think that even if Rick were not the biological father, he would love her and raise her as his own biological daughter. We saw in the comics that the biological part of parenting is not the most important thing in the ZA, in the show it'll be the same.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345