View Poll Results: Who is Judith's biological father?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shane

26 66.67%
  • Rick

10 25.64%
  • Daryl

1 2.56%
  • Other

2 5.13%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)

Poll: Who is Judith's biological father?

Judith's a cutie with blonde curls. Since there's no Maury Povich or Jerry Springer in the ZA, we may never know the identity of her biological father. However, we can have a fun time guessing.

All we know is:

1. Shane and Lori did the horizontal bop;
    2. Rick and Lori did the horizontal bop;
    3. Lori had dark hair;
    4. Shane had dark hair;
    5. Rick has medium brown hair; and
    6. The only light-haired guy at the time was Daryl (before Lady Clairol intervened).

I'm interested to read everyone's thoughts and the reasons for their selection.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know where that blonde hair came from, but I have to go with Shane. It would put the cherry on top of what happened between Rick, Shane, and Lori and add some extra drama on the show if somehow they can reveal it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    Comic book: Shane
    AMC: Rick

Since Lori and Shane are dead I don't think this is going to come up again.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's Shane. Judith being Shane's bio daughter could make for some interesting stories down the line, if they ever mention it again that is.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    I go with what Robert Kirkman has said publically "Shane is 99% Judith's biological father" I tend to believe that. Jon Bernthal has said publically Judith is 100% Shane's baby. Hair colors change with time very often and eye color may change as well- mine did- so while I believe Shane IS the bio father, Rick is Judith's dad in all the ways that really matter. Mileage you know...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    It's a numbers game. Presumably, Lori and Shane bumped uglies several times on the road, where it appears she only did it with Rick once before the farm. It's possible they did it at the CDC, but iirc, their shower was timed, and I can't see anyone wanting to have sex after they've been sexually assaulted. Plus, it can take a few weeks for a test to be effective, and I kind of got the impression the farm was only a week later, at most.

That said, I rather she be Ricks biologically. And as many have said, he absolutely is in every way that really matters.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Level
    I think Shane is her biological father but Rick is her daddy. Related by blood or not, she's still Rick's daughter.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    I believe Shane IS the bio father, Rick is Judith's dad in all the ways that really matter.
    ITA, Ripley. That's why I used the words "biological father" in the poll rather than "father" or "daddy" or "real father". Rick may not have been the sperm donor but he is Judith's only father in every sense of the word.

As an adoptive mother who was raised by her grandmother, I know how insensitive people can be. Your parents are the people who raise you, despite the existence or non-existence of any biological connection.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyChatKiller View Post
    It's a numbers game. Presumably, Lori and Shane bumped uglies several times on the road, where it appears she only did it with Rick once before the farm. It's possible they did it at the CDC, but iirc, their shower was timed, and I can't see anyone wanting to have sex after they've been sexually assaulted. Plus, it can take a few weeks for a test to be effective, and I kind of got the impression the farm was only a week later, at most.

That said, I rather she be Ricks biologically. And as many have said, he absolutely is in every way that really matters.
    The showers were before the assault and it was implied that Rick and Lori had sex in the shower. I wouldn't discount the possibility that they had sex more than twice though - particularly that first night at the camp after they had been separated for so long. Technically, they hadn't been together since before Rick got shot and Lori thought Rick was dead for 2-3 weeks. Still, it only takes one time to get pregnant and Lori did have sex with Shane earlier that day before Rick showed up. Lori would have a general idea of when it happened so her thinking Rick could be the father and saying she didn't know which for sure puts it in that time frame. She would only have been a couple of weeks along when she realized it, but that is plausible. I was only about one week along when I found out I was pregnant the first time - morning sickness was immediate with that one.

Kirkman seems to feel that Shane is more likely - and the odds would be in Shane's favor, statistically - but that's something they can't determine in the story. They don't have the means. Hair and eye color are not an accurate means - dark hair colors and eye colors are dominant so people can carry genes for both and their kids have lighter colors. Both my parents have very dark hair - almost black - but my brother and I both ended up with red hair and my sisters is a lighter brown. They both have brown eyes - as do my brother and I - but my sister ended up with grey eyes. Rick did say that Judith looked like Carl though so that could be an indication.

I agree with Ripley though. Being a stepmother myself, I can honestly say that biology doesn't make much difference in how a parent feels. I raised my stepson from the time he was 14 months old and he's been mine from the first moment he snuggled up to me while I rocked him to sleep. It was instant, mutual love. I don't think Rick cares about the biology anymore - if he ever did. Shane might have donated the sperm, but Rick is Judith's daddy in every way that counts.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    For me it's 99.9% Shane.

It's good IMO that Rick still has a little memory of both Lori and Shane even though that sounds a little messed up, that's how I view it.
    I also agree there with @Ripley I went from brown hair to orange hair to blonde and back to brown, same with my eye color. It was blue for a while and went to hazel to green. It also doesn't help that we don't know what Shane or Lori looked like as kids (or Rick for that matter.)
    And Daryl just isn't even an option lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast