1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Star Wars Episode 7

things we know

Set for release 2015. Made by disney.... also, all post-episode 6 Expanded universe material will NOT be used and they will have a completely original story (yay).... luke skywalker is set to be in the series... carrie fisher will NOT be in episode 7

actors that have showed interests in returning are sam jackson, ewan mcgreggor, mark hamill, Harrison ford said he'd be in 1 movie, and a few other characters said they would wanna come back

so what do y'all think of this?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Mace Windu, Yoda, Vader & Obi Wan as ghosts would be cool. Mark Hamill would be great in a minor role, not even as like a master mentoring the new padawan, what if he had a role that was just like "running the new jedi academy" or something, like palpatine was.

I don't know how ford could be used, characters like Chewbacca, Threepio & Artoo will hopefully still be around though.

I have hope though, Disney has proven they can do things right with Marvel, and without Lucas involved neat things could be done, not saying everything Lucas has done was bad, but some fresh eyes on the project could make it interesting, because Lucasfilm will still be working on it, it will still FEEL like Star Wars, and that's all I can ask.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    lucas is still going to be involved heavily as creative consultant. they are using his base story for the plotlines of episodes7-9. as they rightfully should

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KenobiFan1999 View Post
    lucas is still going to be involved heavily as creative consultant. they are using his base story for the plotlines of episodes7-9. as they rightfully should
    Yeah but having someone help out is nice, before he was fully in control, now he's just a consultant. Lucas always had the right idea, its just the last few tries were done wrong. You can still have his ideas, but someone fresh and young to put it together better.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    no they werent done wrong. in fact some of his most recent work is the clone wars. most episodes have been planned by him, and from what i recall you seem to like those. now that you know theyre made by GL, are you going to view them in a lesser light?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KenobiFan1999 View Post
    no they werent done wrong. in fact some of his most recent work is the clone wars. most episodes have been planned by him, and from what i recall you seem to like those. now that you know theyre made by GL, are you going to view them in a lesser light?
    Planning and writing are 2 separate things, and writing a 22 minute episode is a lot different then writing a 2 1/2 hour 120 million dollar movie.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    Episode 7 shouldn't happen. Just let the series rest, it was good enough with 4, 5, & 6. I even enjoyed the prequels. This isn't about telling a story, it's about making money and it's a fucking shame. The Clone Wars cartoon is pretty good, I hear, they can keep that. The tv show thats's supposed to be like Star Wars: Deadwood sounds cool b/c it explores the universe more. The games and books can be kept because they're not really canon. But another trilogy absolutely does not need to happen.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Thrawn trilogy was good enough.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    actually, from my understanding, the books are cannon...

I would have loved to see the Jedi Academy set up - but I would rather this be set 100+ years from the OT's.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm cool on the Jedi Academy. I like that they're scarce now and sort of shrouded in mystery. I've read some of the novels and I enjoyed when Luke only had like 1 or 2 apprentices (Kyp Durron sticks out). I haven't read any of them for almost 20 years though.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by biancardi View Post
    actually, from my understanding, the books are cannon...

I would have loved to see the Jedi Academy set up - but I would rather this be set 100+ years from the OT's.
    all expanded universe material post episode 7... books, comics... etc... will now be rendered non-canon. just like with the ones for the clone wars. thank god!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manscaper View Post
    Episode 7 shouldn't happen. Just let the series rest, it was good enough with 4, 5, & 6. I even enjoyed the prequels. This isn't about telling a story, it's about making money and it's a fucking shame. The Clone Wars cartoon is pretty good, I hear, they can keep that. The tv show thats's supposed to be like Star Wars: Deadwood sounds cool b/c it explores the universe more. The games and books can be kept because they're not really canon. But another trilogy absolutely does not need to happen.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Thrawn trilogy was good enough.
    for once we agree on something. the show was supposed to be called underworld though lol... but yeah i would have wanted that wayyy more than an episode 7-9. but im not complaining. im excited for any SW i can get. and its good they arent using the EU. sidious comes back literally 10 times and is around for 10 more years, not to mention boba comming back. thats just wack. thank god they arent using it for episode 7. i'd preffer an original story over an EU based one if i had to choose for a sequel trilogy. the EU writings arent really star wars. theyre more like fanboys' wet dreams where they bring back all the villains and whoever they like and make them super bad ass. you can tell its not even star wars.

labrynth of evil and dark lord rise of darth vader are great EU books. written by the same author, cant recall the name. hes the only EU writer that i consider to be canon. all the rest is pretty much garbage except the ones lucas has a say in

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast