Thread: NBA Basketball

1. Back To Top    #211
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Free Agency prediction time.

I think Durant leaves OKC. Especially since San Antonio and Golden State want him. I think both of those teams are better places for KD. And the scariest part, I think if Durant really does leave, he ends up in Golden State. The rest of the league will burn.

I'm guessing we see a ton of trades too. Most people in the league realize there's about 5 great teams, and the rest are meh or bad.

Also hoping like hell that Horford and Bazemore remain Hawks. Whether that happens or not, I don't know, but the Hawks have the cap space to re-sign both.

2. Back To Top    #212
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walking View Post
    Free Agency prediction time.

I think Durant leaves OKC. Especially since San Antonio and Golden State want him. I think both of those teams are better places for KD. And the scariest part, I think if Durant really does leave, he ends up in Golden State. The rest of the league will burn.

I'm guessing we see a ton of trades too. Most people in the league realize there's about 5 great teams, and the rest are meh or bad.

Also hoping like hell that Horford and Bazemore remain Hawks. Whether that happens or not, I don't know, but the Hawks have the cap space to re-sign both.
    I'd like to think KD stays put because he's a loyal guy and not a asshole out for money. But that being said, he wants to win. Put him on GS and holy fucking shit. I don't see how they lose. It's a better fit for him than the Spurs.

Yesterday afternoon, I was pissed at Larry Legend trading the Pacers pic away. But I think he did it because he knew he wouldn't be able to get either of the two players he wanted. I like Thad Young. And I think drafting Georges Niang in the second round was a GREAT choice.

I'd be worried about Bazemore. You can't blame a player like him for leaving for the biggest contract he can get, which I think he'll do. Horford is a Hawk! I'd be shocked if he left. I liked the pick of Taurean Prince. watched that guy for 4 years at Baylor, being a Kansas fan. He's a lot like DeMarre Carroll. Just a more athletic scorer. He might not fill in for the Bazemore absence, if he opts out, right away. But I think he'll surprise people by his second year. Ballsy and great pick imo.

3. Back To Top    #213
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    I'd like to think KD stays put because he's a loyal guy and not a asshole out for money. But that being said, he wants to win. Put him on GS and holy fucking shit. I don't see how they lose. It's a better fit for him than the Spurs.

Yesterday afternoon, I was pissed at Larry Legend trading the Pacers pic away. But I think he did it because he knew he wouldn't be able to get either of the two players he wanted. I like Thad Young. And I think drafting Georges Niang in the second round was a GREAT choice.

I'd be worried about Bazemore. You can't blame a player like him for leaving for the biggest contract he can get, which I think he'll do. Horford is a Hawk! I'd be shocked if he left. I liked the pick of Taurean Prince. watched that guy for 4 years at Baylor, being a Kansas fan. He's a lot like DeMarre Carroll. Just a more athletic scorer. He might not fill in for the Bazemore absence, if he opts out, right away. But I think he'll surprise people by his second year. Ballsy and great pick imo.
    Horford leaving would kill me. Him and Millsap are the heart of this team, if Horford leaves, I wouldn't be shocked if they blew the team up sadly. I hope Bazemore doesn't leave, but he might. It all depends on Cap Space. Supposedly if the Hawks give Horford the contract he's worth, they'd still have 24 million left, which, should be enough for Bazemore. Plus they need to cut ties with Splitter, that would save them extra.

On KD, I really have no clue what's going on with him. I was sure a month ago that he wasn't going to leave. I mean, why leave when the team is that good? They're close to being a Championship frontrunner. I'm just shocked that he's meeting the Spurs, Warriors, Heat and some other teams. I'd be worried if I was a Thunder fan. I remember back when Shaq was on the Magic, everyone thought he'd stay, and the Magic were sure he was going to stay, but he ended up in LA. And if KD leaves, who knows what Westbrook will do? If KD ends up on the Spurs, it's not insane to think Westbrook could come too, Tony Parker is getting older. But if he leaves and goes to the Warriors, is Westbrook just going to remain with OKC? Ultimately, the KD Summer Watch, is going to be intense.

4. Back To Top    #214
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Damn, Mike Conley got paid. I can't imagine what Lebron might get in a deal like that.

Not sure how I feel about the Hawks singing Dwight Howard. I like Dwight, but I'm not sure about losing Horford for him (if we're really losing Horford).

Some of the deals today have been insane. It's crazy how high the salary cap is. And D-Wade possibly leaving Miami? Insanity.

5. Back To Top    #215
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Damn, Mike Conley got paid. I can't imagine what Lebron might get in a deal like that.

Not sure how I feel about the Hawks singing Dwight Howard. I like Dwight, but I'm not sure about losing Horford for him (if we're really losing Horford).

Some of the deals today have been insane. It's crazy how high the salary cap is. And D-Wade possibly leaving Miami? Insanity.
    The only thing I can say about the Hawks signing that whiny little bitch, Howard is, they won't be as good with him. Even if they keep Horford. He's a cancer in the locker room. I fucking hate him. Good luck with that guy man.

6. Back To Top    #216
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dixon View Post
    The only thing I can say about the Hawks signing that whiny little bitch, Howard is, they won't be as good with him. Even if they keep Horford. He's a cancer in the locker room. I fucking hate him. Good luck with that guy man.
    I have faith Budenholzer can smack some sense into him, if not, then oh well.

Unreal that the Hawks are seriously looking at a situation where they can end up with Horford, Bazemore and Howard as free agent signings. Trading away Splitter and Thabo should free up enough to get Al back. Really excited for Day Two of Free Agency.

And KD needs to select a team already. Either stay in OKC, or leave. No point in taking these meetings if you're "certain" you'll be back in OKC. Go to the Warriors and watch the league burn.

7. Back To Top    #217
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    I have faith Budenholzer can smack some sense into him, if not, then oh well.

Unreal that the Hawks are seriously looking at a situation where they can end up with Horford, Bazemore and Howard as free agent signings. Trading away Splitter and Thabo should free up enough to get Al back. Really excited for Day Two of Free Agency.

And KD needs to select a team already. Either stay in OKC, or leave. No point in taking these meetings if you're "certain" you'll be back in OKC. Go to the Warriors and watch the league burn.
    I'll like him despite his decision because he's a stand up guy. But my gut says he'll stay in OKC. He's a star. Going to the Warriors or the Spurs, he's just a great gog in a great team. I think he wants to win one on his own team. I'll probably be wrong. But I just don't see him leaving.

8. Back To Top    #218
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Level
    I'll miss Horford. Really hate NBA insiders. They kept saying Horford was returning to Atlanta, even tweeted out that Boston was out of the running.

Made losing him worse. Not to mention him tweeting out Celtic Pride the second he signed the deal, not even thanking the Hawks. So disappointed losing him.

9. Back To Top    #219
    Status
    "We could arrange to have you carried." AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    Kevin Durant just announced that he is signing with Golden State, RIP to the rest of the league

10. Back To Top    #220
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Wowww, fuck Durant, zero respect for this move. Hope Westbrook has an MVP season now.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast