Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #51
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggo358 View Post
    So I saw a commenter (not on this site) that objecting to bethyl was discrimination, and the same thing as being homophobic.

Even if the idea of bethyl wasn't equal parts nonsensical and cliche, I still wouldn't ship it because I wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of nonsense.
    Well then I proudly discriminate against middle aged men sexually preying on their recently deceased friends teenage daughter. It's disgusting, immoral, perverted, and I will never accept it.

Ship and let ship is fine for normal ships shipped by normal people. Richonne, Gleggie, etc. Even Dixonne, Rickyl, whatever. But I will never shut up about how wrong everything about Barfyl is. Sorry not sorry.

2. Back To Top    #52
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Level
    So I saw a commenter (not on this site) that objecting to bethyl was discrimination, and the same thing as being homophobic.

Even if the idea of bethyl wasn't equal parts nonsensical and cliche, I still wouldn't ship it because I wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of nonsense.

Wow..some one really thinks that. Yikes.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Level
    showed someone who dont watch the show NR and she was like laughing so hard people think he is in is 30 she was like he looks 50 lol.
    Last edited by Purplerage; July 31st, 2014 at 11:04 PM.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Level
    what pisses me off so badly, is that if they had hired a teen actress this ship would never have gotten off the ground. a real 18 yr old doing a love scene with crusty ass NR... no thanks! and any other actress would allow me to possibly enjoy beth's story.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kate815 View Post
    what pisses me off so badly, is that if they had hired a teen actress this ship would never have gotten off the ground. a real 18 yr old doing a love scene with crusty ass NR... no thanks! and any other actress would allow me to possibly enjoy beth's story.
    That is what proves what a crackship Barfyl really is. If Beth had been played by a teenage girl her age she would have gone through auditions around 15, started filming at 16, and would now a year and a half into the ZA been 17 or 18. No way in hell would they even allow suggestions, ambiguity, or anything creepy and pervy to surround this child actress. If perverts decided to ship her with a middle aged man they would unequivocally shoot it down. The pervs would never have gotten a foothold.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Level
    Ok, so I'm gonna get on with alllll my mentions now xD @m.roth :

@Sr.Grace :
    you really have a great point. Stars need to stop trolling the ships themselves if they want to end the ship wars, IMO. (And I remember that NR PSA. I thought it was really touching to hear a message like that from TWD)
    @Meggo358 :
    The people who think this probably ALSO think that pedophilia is a sexual orientation and not a mental illness. But I'm not getting into that argument here.

And @Deadhead :
    I FUCKING LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!!!!

7. Back To Top    #57
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr.Grace View Post
    Ty @m.roth -

I'm going to try to convey my thoughts as best as I can. Everyone remembers the Newton Tragedy almost 2 years ago. I remember NR himself making a plea before the S3B a public service announcement about gun control. So, permit me, how is all this any different? It is overall a tragedy on many accounts. How is social media figuratively, and when not used responsibly, any different than a gun? We have words and actions that can cut as deep and ruin lives. No it does not kill the flesh, but can kill the soul. This is a show about humanity well, where is it? And, IT IS a handful of people - the same ones and they are now boarding on stalking/harassment bc of a FICTIONAL SHOW? I repeat a FICTIONAL SHOW. FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. Please if I am missing something, someone please help me understand.
    Within the fandom, people are making those pleas - just like NR - to stop. This is probably fantastical thinking on my part however I wish that some of the actors would take to their social media accounts and tell people to enjoy the show, have fun. They troll the boards don't they? Or their handlers? Idk, I speculate. I KNOW this will never happen, my point is when people are so invested in their idols, they will do anything they say. Thus, the harsh response to when you question their reality.
    This relationship is not going to happen will all know this - it makes no sense. If anything it has brought to the forefront the darker side of fandom.
    I am not blaming any one individual or entity - it is a small fraction - and if I am out of line with this post, then boot my ass out and I will humbly leave. I'm still new and it's hard to get a grounding on things so if i have EVER offended anyone of you Carylers/NR fans w anything I ever did or said - then pls I ask for your forgiveness. I snark alot but the last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt any of you. PM if you want me out after this temper tantrum.
    Well said. There should be a responsibility inherent in social media but I suppose the anonymity behind the internet doesn't always facilitate that. It is getting out of hand in the fandom right now because of this ship which you so astutely emphasized is entirely between fictional characters on a fictional show. It is unfortunate and uncalled for and I am not sure what can be done about that. It's happening too frequently these days and my post was just me venting some fan frustration and a little bit of rage. And please feel free to rant away Sr.Grace, no one around here is going to kick you out of the thread for voicing your thoughts and opinions, they are very much welcomed and I personally have enjoyed reading your posts.

Sigh, really?!?! Anything goes with shippers I guess in defense of their ship - "Like what I like or I will use the most inappropriate analogies to shame you into agreeing with me!"

Last edited by m.roth; July 31st, 2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

8. Back To Top    #58
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Level

9. Back To Top    #59
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Level
    All of the guys Beth gets with die, like jimmy and zach (rip). I may have to start shipping Bethyl because it could mean Daryl's death!

10. Back To Top    #60
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    Actually that comment was made on this site in the" will the manequin return the walking dicks feelings" thread. And it makes zero bloody sense.

Last edited by whitestar1; August 1st, 2014 at 03:55 AM.

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast