Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #31
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Level
    CGI TIGER! I called it!
    Don't really care about Ezekiel except I love his psychedelic outfit - I hope he's a remix, maybe a love interest for Jesus?
    So looking forward to Jesus. Really don't want him to be called anything other than Jesus and would love it if he was played by someone who was ACTUALLY gay IRL

Actually. I think Ezekiel should be played by Drake and there should be two white tigers

2. Back To Top    #32
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Level
    Michonne, Ezekiel, and Shiva would make a striking visual.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm so excited to see all these characters on the show. (probably not any of them until season 6 though)

Jesus is my new favorite character in the comics now that Rick is a crotchety crippled old senior citizen and Michonne is nowhere to be found. There is no way AMC could get away with "de-gaying" the character without getting a huge backlash so I'm not worried about that. I know AMC will be pushing for him to simply be called Paul Monroe without the Jesus nickname though and I hope Kirkman fights them tooth and nail on the issue.

Shiva could be really fucking cool as long as they don't skimp on the budget. She'd only be in a few episodes anyway so hopefully AMC will let her be great regardless if they use a real tiger or CGI or a mixture.

Ezekiel might have to be toned down just a bit from the comics as well as the Kingdom. He should obviously still be eccentric but I think he should be more serious and less theatrical.

As for Negan....my biggest concern is how the show will handle him when every other word out of his mouth is "fuck".

4. Back To Top    #34
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level
    Screw screwing screwy screwidy screwiness!!! - TV show Negan.

I also want to know who they cast for Andrea on the show. She has still yet to arrive on it for some reason...

5. Back To Top    #35
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravelord View Post
    I also want to know who they cast for Andrea on the show. She has still yet to arrive on it for some reason...
    I am pretty sure Daryl is supposed to be the remix of comic Andrea.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I was hoping Shiva wouldn't be in it...that always seemed unrealistic and cartoonish to me.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Level
    Although I finally liked Shiva, I think it is very unrealistic for the show. They are struggling to have food and will have a tiger.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Level
    I love the comics but there are some things that should stay in the comics, like Shiva for example...and maybe even Ezekial. Nothing against the characters but I think the the things that work well in the comic medium can potentially come off as very cheesy/inauthentic on tv. Even now Abraham and Eugene still feels very "comic bookey" to me on the show, and I love comic Abe, so I'm hoping with more development I'll love the tv version too. Now in regards to Jesus/Paul, that is a character who I cannot wait to see on the show...although something tells me that he won't be gay. Side note: I always thought, in the comics, he would have been great with Maggie, until it was revealed that he is gay.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe they will cast Garfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tuswig View Post
    I love the comics but there are some things that should stay in the comics, like Shiva for example...and maybe even Ezekial. Nothing against the characters but I think the the things that work well in the comic medium can potentially come off as very cheesy/inauthentic on tv. Even now Abraham and Eugene still feels very "comic bookey" to me on the show, and I love comic Abe, so I'm hoping with more development I'll love the tv version too. Now in regards to Jesus/Paul, that is a character who I cannot wait to see on the show...although something tells me that he won't be gay. Side note: I always thought, in the comics, he would have been great with Maggie, until it was revealed that he is gay.
    So you are saying that Eugene feels very comic bookey, and Jesus, who kills 15 people with roundhouse kicks while shooting bazooka and throwing grenades at other 100 is not?

10. Back To Top    #40
    Status
    Maggies ripped and shredded uterus Anton69's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Level
    Man, I say who needs a tiger, and two other strong but very outlandish characters when there's a whole crew of folks who absolutely have to go before the series go full comic book. Christ that fucking Tyreese is still whining about Karen, and Carol and Darryl are on their (not so) excellent adventure. And Gabriel's had about 4 mins. of screen time . I don't see this group being able to mix with that storyline. Do maybe now we'll get that great bloodletting this show needs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast