Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Level

what keeps you keep watching?

Ok....so I see a healthy amount of criticism, frustration and downright hatred for various aspects of this show. I can understand continuing to watch if it is only certain characters, storylines or so on but what keeps those who seem to hate pretty much everything watching?. I am honestly curious. And i am also curious about what would make those people finally stop watching once and for all?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Going to be honest here.

Carol, Glenn, Abraham, Tara and Ty.

That's about it. If MMB goes I might consider not watching anymore or I will just have to wait until the other three are dead. So if they want my views, they should keep those 5.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    People who stop watching because a certain character that dies are so annoying to me...either you are a fan of the show or not...either you read the comic or not......I watch the show because I enjoy the story line whether it goes side by side with the comic or they venture in different directions...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Because at this point, I don't think they know what they're doing with the show. The writing is mediocre at best, the acting is usually subpar (I know some are phenomenal, won't get into a list or anything) dialogue is so tacky. I love Carl but what was the deal with the "Judith's formula" bit? They have strayed so far from the comic book it's not even an adaptation anymore but mostly an alt universe as Gimple has already stated, comparing TWD to DC comic Earth 1 and 2, etc.
    We have non-comic characters that were written in for whatever reason and are based off of the actors themselves (for example NR having so much control over his character, so he's basically writing it as himself, and EK being a singer/vegetarian which singing is an obvious Beth thing and I thought it was said she was veg?)
    It just doesn't make sense anymore. It seems as if they're trying not to challenge themselves and succeed with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jojodesca View Post
    People who stop watching because a certain character that dies are so annoying to me...either you are a fan of the show or not...either you read the comic or not......I watch the show because I enjoy the story line whether it goes side by side with the comic or they venture in different directions...
    That's just how I see loyalty to a character. We want the best for our favorites. If the cast is out of whack and we don't want to see the replacements/ old cast we didn't like, there is absolutely no use in supporting it anymore.
    Last edited by Princess Char; August 4th, 2014 at 06:56 PM.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Just Another Dead Girl ScifiSpirit's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Level
    For me, it is the story they are telling. I really do love all the characters and I love seeing the changes they go through as they try to adapt to the new world. I love how there isn't always a happy ending, but there are always hints of humanity here and there. I pick up on a lot of the subtleties and nuances in the writing and I find it very entertaining.

The only real big complaint I have/had about the show was the way some women were/are written There's always a sexist undertone for some characters. But that's not the main idea of the show and it's not enough to get me to stop watching. It's really my only complaint, otherwise, my Sunday nights are booked for the duration of the series. :)

I'm not going to stop watching because someone dies. My favorite character already died, and I'm still here. I have *new favorites* or whatever, but no one can replace an "old pal" like him. lol. And if the new favs die, I'll be equally as upset, but again, I won't stop watching. For me, it's about the story, not just one character. So characters will come and go all the time, I just wanna see where the story is gonna go next and how it is gonna end. :)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Level
    Richonne! !!!!!!!
    Creative walker designs/situations.
    However, I've loved the show since season 1.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango627 View Post
    Ok....so I see a healthy amount of criticism, frustration and downright hatred for various aspects of this show. I can understand continuing to watch if it is only certain characters, storylines or so on but what keeps those who seem to hate pretty much everything watching?. I am honestly curious. And i am also curious about what would make those people finally stop watching once and for all?
    Thanks Jango for asking what I've been thinking. People have every right to like what/who they like and hate what/who they hate. I don't understand spending hours on a forum posting snarky and disparaging things about a show they don't like...Seems like a horribly negative expenditure of time and effort. There are plenty of awful TV shows on plenty of unwatchable channels. I'm scarred for life from the amount of Lifetime movies I sat through with my ex...BUT, I wouldn't take even 2 minutes out of my life to register for the Lifetime forum or make thousands of posts slamming the network and their writers/producers/actors/etc. Life's too short. Time is too precious.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    People can have what opinion they want. When I joined I was under the impression that all opinions were welcome.
    Yes, I still watch the show. Do I watch it in copious amounts? No. I believe that I need a hiatus from TWD because it isn't pure perfection. Just because people are here who don't like the direction of the show, the writing, AMC's inability to supply funds, etc, does not mean we're just trolling the forums to hate the show. We've been shot down a lot and get our hopes up all the time for the show to do good and get nothing we wanted/expected or anything better than our expectations in return.

Besides, there are so many great people in this fandom and forum :)

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Level
    At the moment....Carol and Beth. I'm very invested in their storylines and both are, in my opinion, talented actresses that I love watching....oh, and he fact that I've invested COUNTLESS hours of my time into the show and discussing it.
    If Beth or Carol die, I'd lose a lot of enthusiasm and hope that I have for the show. I just can't really say I care for any of the other characters. Hopefully season 5 changes this, I want to fall in love all over again....
    Now, if Andrea had still been around, I wouldn't care who died and how bad the writing was. I'd never quit just so I could watch my favorite character and the very lovely and talented Laurie Holden in action.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather Mason View Post
    At the moment....Carol and Beth. I'm very invested in their storylines and both are, in my opinion, talented actresses that I love watching....oh, and he fact that I've invested COUNTLESS hours of my time into the show and discussing it.
    If Beth or Carol die, I'd lose a lot of enthusiasm and hope that I have for the show. I just can't really say I care for any of the other characters. Hopefully season 5 changes this, I want to fall in love all over again....
    Now, if Andrea had still been around, I wouldn't care who died and how bad the writing was. I'd never quit just so I could watch my favorite character and the very lovely and talented Laurie Holden in action.
    Thanks so I now don't need to feel alone about it.
    TWD is kind of like a bad boyfriend. He doesn't give you what you want or need but for some reason you just hang out with him and put up with his b/s.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast