Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level

Anyone else think Rick is being a shitty father?

I'm not seeing this acknowledged much, so i need to see if i'm the only one that feels this way.

Rick is messing up. Bad. He's being a pretty shitty father as of recent. Look we know his wife died, and i'm not saying he can't grieve but really? At first he did not even look at his new born baby, or even comfort his son that not only witnessed his mothers death but played a hand in it. But nope, he collapses like a baby and storms off. Selfish in my opinion. And then he goes even more crazy and starts talking to 'people' on a phone (which i'm sure will come back in eventually) - he eventually holds his new born baby, and is happy. And that's about it.

He still hasn't even really talked to Carl. He spent like what? A couple of mins with him? Honestly, Even Daryl did a better job. Granted, Maggie and Glenn were in danger so he had to be quick, had more important things to do. But if the promos are anything to go by, and the Shane hallucination, it seems he'll just get worse. He might start making really reckless decisions and will descend more into madness and become totally ruthless, i wonder how the group will feel about that let alone Carl.

Look, i know the Governor is coming and that should be Rick's main priority but is it so hard for him to interact with Judith to some extent or at least just talk to his son who's obviously staying strong for his father, but really needs him now more then ever? Honestly, one of his main concerns right now should be the son he thinks he knows.

I don't think this will change. I think he will continue to leave his children solving everyone's problems when somebody else can more then take his place and do it for him. I think he will try to carry the burden of everyone's safety on his shoulders, and this will corrupt him.

I made this topic because i don't think it has anything to do with screen-time I think this is intentional. And if that is the case then it's brilliant writing but he's still a shitty father, and i hope Hershel or somebody talks some sense into him.

He needs to get his act together, there might come a day where it might be too late. Like with Lori.

Do you agree? Or do you think what he has been doing is Justified?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I Agree With You Totally, And I Do Believe Hershel Will Bring That To Rick's Attention Before The End Of The Season.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    he really starts to lose it in the comics but i dont seem them going down that rout. its just been so fast paced this season they havent had alot of downtime to father and son bond. rick just needs to take him out hunting for some walkers. have a good father and son moment heh

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    They should just kiill carl.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
    he really starts to lose it in the comics but i dont seem them going down that rout. its just been so fast paced this season they havent had alot of downtime to father and son bond. rick just needs to take him out hunting for some walkers. have a good father and son moment heh
    Hah, that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandas View Post
    They should just kiill carl.
    Why?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaemon View Post
    Hah, that could work.

Why?
    Carl was unbearable in s1ands2. S3, he's okay, but wouldn't mind him dying.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandas View Post
    Carl was unbearable in s1ands2. S3, he's okay, but wouldn't mind him dying.
    Season 1 - I don't see how he was 'unbearable' in season 1. He barely got any screen-time was mostly in the background. There was nothing to make him 'unbearable'

Season 2 - Fair enough, your free to your own opinion. I personally don't think he was that bad. When people say 'Carl should of stayed in the house' they imply he messed up all season when it was only really a couple of times. You have the whole Dale thing, which to be honest Dale had it coming anyway. And you have him sneaking into the barn to see Randell and that's really about it. And you need to remember, he's just a kid.

Season 3 - The best thing you can say about his character is that they turned the laughing stock into a likable character, if he continues at this rate he will easily reach 'fan favorite' status by the end of season if he has not already. Oh, and he's probably the least likely to die say besides Rick.

I hope the second half can get you to change your opinion on him. He has some really cool storylines in the comics which i hope they implement in the show, he was always a badass he just did not know it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaemon View Post
    Season 1 - I don't see how he was 'unbearable' in season 1. He barely got any screen-time was mostly in the background. There was nothing to make him 'unbearable'

Season 2 - Fair enough, your free to your own opinion. I personally don't think he was that bad. When people say 'Carl should of stayed in the house' they imply he messed up all season when it was only really a couple of times. You have the whole Dale thing, which to be honest Dale had it coming anyway. And you have him sneaking into the barn to see Randell and that's really about it. And you need to remember, he's just a kid.

Season 3 - The best thing you can say about his character is that they turned the laughing stock into a likable character, if he continues at this rate he will easily reach 'fan favorite' status by the end of season if he has not already. Oh, and he's probably the least likely to die say besides Rick.

I hope the second half can get you to change your opinion on him. He has some really cool storylines in the comics which i hope they implement in the show, he was always a badass he just did not know it.
    Idk I just don't like him. A lot of people don't like him (haven't seen much of this on these forums though).

As for popularity, Daryl is the most popular and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. Glenn's right behind him. Then the others.

The hierarchy places Daryl at the top. If the creators don't want to piss off a LOT of fans, Daryl will live (maybe he'll die the last season). He's definitely safer than Carl.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    You Think Rick Lost It A Little Bit When Lori Died.I Would Hate To See If He Lost Carl No One Could Control Him Then,Besides They Will Keep Carl Around For The Younger Audience.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    You Think Rick Lost It A Little Bit When Lori Died.I Would Hate To See If He Lost Carl No One Could Control Him Then,Besides They Will Keep Carl Around For The Younger Audience.
    I agree with you!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast