Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    He was in shock. He wasn't thinking straight, then out of the blue Carl shows up in the field pointing a gun.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    He was never told how fast anyone would change. Besides it was a stressful and emotional time and Rick was not thinking clearly at the second.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Damrod View Post
    He was never told how fast anyone would change. Besides it was a stressful and emotional time and Rick was not thinking clearly at the second.
    I think its more of this. He'd never seen anyone 'change' after dying. There weren't tell-tale signs to follow, like 'ok, he's bitten, okay, he has a fever, etc...' He didn't know what to expect. Even at that, Shane changed pretty damn fast.

I think he did believe Jenner at this point. I don't think he WANTED to believe him, but I think he did. Remember those guards at the school? Shane noticed they weren't bitten, and Rick was like, 'no, they HAVE to be...' trying to convince himself. He was in denial, but I think he knew.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyChatKiller View Post
    I think its more of this. He'd never seen anyone 'change' after dying. There weren't tell-tale signs to follow, like 'ok, he's bitten, okay, he has a fever, etc...' He didn't know what to expect. Even at that, Shane changed pretty damn fast.

I think he did believe Jenner at this point. I don't think he WANTED to believe him, but I think he did. Remember those guards at the school? Shane noticed they weren't bitten, and Rick was like, 'no, they HAVE to be...' trying to convince himself. He was in denial, but I think he knew.
    No I don't think he believed Jenner up to that point. He said to Lori himself in the next episode that when he saw Shane reanimated as a walker that he realized that Jenner was right. Up until then, he did not believe him (I don't blame him, because Jenner tried to kill them all before letting them go).

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick turns his back on the shootout car in Season One Premiere. Rick is not paying attention to the car even though they have yet to approach it and make sure that everyone inside is dead or trying to surrender. So Rick turning his back on Shane was not too big a surprise though considering that Rick commented to Shane that the deputies had "turned" and he couldn't see a bite that he had to be aware that death of any kind triggered a turn.
    I have never believed that Rick didn't believe Jenner; they had all submitted to a blood test and Jenner tells him that they are all infected. He just hadn't personally witnessed it.
    Rick turns his back on Shane because he doesn't want to look at him dead because Rick loved him like a brother. He hates what he had to do and he turns away from it. Shane reanimates very quickly too.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Level
    Rick believe in Jenner, thats way he shoot Tony and Dave in the head, but this time was different because Shane was his best friend and he was in shock and Carl was there so he was worry about Carl.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I think he was a little shocked about the fact that he had to kill his best friend..plus he didn't believe what Jenner told him

8. Back To Top    #18
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think he believed Jenner at this point, but also, he was facing his son, Carl. I think it had more to do with looking at his son, than away from Shane.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Status
    Queen Rose of The Kingdom Carl's Right Eye's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Remember those guards at the school? Shane noticed they weren't bitten, and Rick was like, 'no, they HAVE to be...' trying to convince himself. He was in denial, but I think he knew.
    Thanks, @LadyChatKiller. That's why I believed Rick knew Shane would turn (but forgot to mention it in my post because I have the memory of a gnat).

Thanks for all of the opinions and explanations. It would be upsetting to kill anyone, even the best friend who had told your wife you were dead, impregnated her and tried to kill you first. Rick was likely in shock but, in retrospect, I think it was the sound and sight of Carl which was the major distraction.

Shane turned awfully fast. That makes me question if there's a difference in how fast you turn if you are bitten versus how fast you turn if you are killed or simply die natually. It took Amy hours to turn but Shane turned within minutes, as did the flu victims.

This show raises so many questions for anybody contemplating a Zombie Apocalypse. Maybe we should memorize this little poem in the event of a ZA:

"If a person's dead, don't delay, shank it in the head."
    Last edited by Carl's Right Eye; August 13th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Status
    Rock Your Own World! Element Girl's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyChatKiller View Post

I think this is very true. I can't help, but think that Rick may also not have wanted to think of Shane turning. After all Shane was Rick's best friend and brother way before Daryl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12