Forgot your username?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level

Political Correctness - and why it should concern everyone

The video runs a little longer than the usual 5-6 min that people are used to watching, but please follow through to the end.

Spoiler Spoiler:

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Level
    Your self-proclaimed "excellent" post wasn't the reason why it was locked. It was locked because we already have four different threads about the same topic and awaiting consolidation into one single thread.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level
    Spectre, you are wrong here as is your assumption.

The truth is I closed that thread because right now I can only access the site with my phone, which does not allow me to merge the duplicate with the other threads on the same subject over on Daryl area. The "Daryl is gay" articles from various sources have caused many duplicates-the big Daryl area topic has a second topic merged into it already.

Popular topics get started many times because members are encouraged to post what they find- site policy is to merge topics to keep discussion together.

The Daryl-area "Daryl's sexuality topic remains open for everyone's comments, regardless of any member's position around the character.

Occam's razor- the simplest solution is usually correct- as I posted last night, the spoilers area topic was closed as a duplicate until staff can merge it.:)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Level
    Political Correctness is my middle name.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    I abstain from any comment as either way, I'm going to make someone mad. I always said, "Never discuss politics or religion". Almost always leads to fighting. Then someone's feelings get hurt, then someone gets banned.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    The video runs a little longer than the usual 5-6 min that people are used to watching, but please follow through to the end.

Political Correctness is why posts that are made such as this, cause threads to be closed entirely. I made an honest and outright excellent point about heroes, villains and how homosexuals would never be portrayed as evil in this day an age, and it got the thread closed down. Because it is Politically Incorrect to have these opinions. It is Politically Incorrect to portray a homosexual as an evil villain.

This isnt' the first time (nor will it be the last either) that content I provide is censored (or deleted)

If we are going to start discussions involving race and sexuality, we might as well preface those topics with

"It's ok to comment on this thread so long as you agree 100% with the originally post. All other opinions will be censored."
    The Outlander Novels would like a word with you. The main villain is a sadist pervert who happens to be bisexual, or maybe gay but I'm thinking he doesn't stick only to men. It's just come out as a mini series on Starz and I'm really curious as to how watered down the character will be.

Also, when people disagree with a homophobic ignorant post it's not political correctness. It's called being decent human beings.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Level
    I agree with Spectre.

Anyways, finally an excuse to post an episode of a version of Robin Hood from the 80s maybe not many know. In this one the Sheriff of Nottingham is finally dismissed from his post, and his replacement is many times more brutal and also pretty flaming. He first appears around 8:10. But true, bot many examples of gay villains

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    @Ripley - that's what I get for assuming. Apologies. OP altered to reflect this.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Level
    Spectre, I didn't watch the video, but am a big freedom if speech fan. Even if it is something I disagree with. Especially if it is something I disagree with. As John Stuart Mill said:

In this age, the mere example of non-conformity, the mere refusal to bend the knee to custom, is itself a service. Precisely because the tyranny of opinion is such as to make eccentricity a reproach, it is desirable, in order to break through that tyranny, that people should be eccentric. Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character has abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage which it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric, marks the chief danger of the time.
    ― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Level
    @WonderSuzie - excellent post. Thanks for sharing.