Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Rate The Season 3 Premiere

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Five Stars! Perfect start to the Season!

27 54.00%
  • Four Stars! I'm so happy I can eat squirrel!

21 42.00%
  • Three Stars! Not a bad start!

1 2.00%
  • Two Stars! You promised me, Mazzara! You promised me!

1 2.00%
  • One Star! Well...at least Lori delivered.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Back To Top    #11
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    how can you say that seed was better than season 2 lol it was just corny zombie killing. go watch the movie "zombie apocalypse" by he sci fi channel. its the same thing as seed. and in fact i consider that movie the worst movie of all time

2. Back To Top    #12
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KenobiFan1999 View Post
    how can you say that seed was better than season 2 lol it was just corny zombie killing. go watch the movie "zombie apocalypse" by he sci fi channel. its the same thing as seed. and in fact i consider that movie the worst movie of all time
    TWD is, as the comic legend says, "a continuing tale of survival horror." That's what "Seed" was about. Those who prefer a daytime soap are going to prefer season 2, which was modeled on those soaps, but that isn't THE WALKING DEAD. "Seed" was a return to form, after a completely wasted second season, and hopefully, the series will continue on this righted course, instead of slipping back into the space-wasting soap melodrama. If you want the latter, you don't want TWD. Fortunately, DAYS OF OUR LIVES is on every weekday and can adequately serve your needs.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I was thrilled and very pleased with the premiere. I feel that it lived up to the hype and gave the viewers exactly what we were looking for, which was the desperation feeling that JRiddle describes in his article. In regards to your article JRiddle, I can appreciate your viewpoints and description of how this season's first episode differs from the previous seasons. However, I have to disagree on the poor writing. I think that even though we couldve used more zombie action in season 2, I love the writing and felt that it was needed. One of the things that was missing in the comics in the beginning is that it moved along quickly without allowing someone to really get to know the characters. I have to say that I dont believe that I would care as much for the characters in the comics if it wasnt for me also watching the series. Dont get me wrong I love the comic version. Robert Kirkman's ability to deliver constant shocking, rawness, and as you stated, character desperation, is what makes the TWD comic nail biting. In the tv series, we learn the characters and who they are. Who is weak and became strong, who was strong but became weak. I think that while we know the story line is about zombies, we cannot elude the importance of character build up. Its what makes us care for the characters. In addition to my point, zombies are not the only threat. I see a season that will begin to mirror the comics in the sense of keeping the viewers guessing and constantly shocked. I will add that I think the acting is immaculate. That is why it feels more cinematic and not so much like a basic tv series. I hate soaps and regular tv series. Cant stand the melodrama BS when it doesnt pertain to anything that I need to take note of. Ive found that with the entire project of TWD, everything was needed to pull it's viewers in so that you can ask yourself 'what would I do in this situation? what would my neighbor do? What would my relationship be like with my husband? To what extent would I fight to stay alive or save others?' This is what makes this series addictive IMO.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    This is my top five favorite episodes

5. Back To Top    #15
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Level
    I've just watched Seed (again) on AMC. It was wonderful. Suspenseful. Lots of walkers about, but the thing that really hit me after watching 8 and 1/2 seasons was that all the characters were in most scenes. They talked to one another, they supported one another, and no body did anything that was out of the realm of realism. Rick was the leader but the others were equally committed to group survival.
    I miss those days. Maybe tptb need to re-watch the older shows. Get back on track.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12