1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Zombie Hoarder AllLifeIsPrecious's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level

How would you have written Season 2?

What Lies Ahead - Sophia is killed off in this episode, rather than the first half being a whole search for her.

Bloodletting - No changes, thought this episode was good overall.

Save The Last One - No changes, besides Daryl and Andrea not searching for Sophia.

Cherokee Rose - The group makes a grave for Sophia along with Otis. Rick discusses staying on the farm with Hershel as Shane's sanity slowly decreases.

Chupacabra - Daryl will not be shot by Andrea, but instead shoots an actual walker in his place. Same deal with Shane not thinking the farm is safe.

Secrets - Glenn reveals the barn secret in this episode, rather than the mid-season finale. Rick finds out about what really happened with Otis, and the Lori sleeping with Shane and pregnancy secrets come out as well.

Pretty Much Dead Already - Hershel finally realizes that the walkers are dead after the barn doors are torn down by the walkers inside, causing the death of Jimmy. Hershel participates in the shootout.

Nebraska - No changes, thought this episode was great. Beth falls into a deeper depression than the original episode (since Jimmy was killed)

Triggerfinger - Randall is not rescued by Rick, Glenn, and Hershel. Lori still tells Rick that she thinks Shane is dangerous.

18 Miles Out - Rick and Shane go out on a run to discuss Shane's sanity and Rick's family. Randall is not the problem in this episode. Shane seemingly comes back from his actions.

Judge, Jury, Executioner - Dale is not killed in this episode, however, Patricia takes his place. Less sadder ending, ending with Hershel putting her out of her misery.

Better Angels - Shane goes crazy after Lori apologizes to him. He knocks Dale out and hides him. The group will find him later, alive, while Rick and Shane are out in the woods looking for him. Same confrontation happens, Rick kills Shane and Carl shoots walker Shane. Herd happens.

Beside the Dying Fire - Andrea is not separated from the group. Beth is killed by walkers trying to escape the farm. Rick is pinned down by a walker while Carl is out of ammo, and Michonne saves him. Rick still reveals Jenner's secret, however, with the story of Shane, confessing to killing him earlier. Andrea, Carol, Glenn, and Lori show distrust to Rick. Episode ending is the same (however, Beth is dead and Dale, Andrea, and Michonne are with the group)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicTacoz View Post
    What Lies Ahead - Sophia is killed off in this episode, rather than the first half being a whole search for her.

Save The Last One - No changes, besides Daryl and Andrea not searching for Sophia.

Cherokee Rose - The group makes a grave for Sophia along with Otis. Rick discusses staying on the farm with Hershel as Shane's sanity slowly decreases.

Chupacabra - Daryl will not be shot by Andrea, but instead shoots an actual walker in his place. Same deal with Shane not thinking the farm is safe.

Secrets - Glenn reveals the barn secret in this episode, rather than the mid-season finale. Rick finds out about what really happened with Otis, and the Lori sleeping with Shane and pregnancy secrets come out as well.

Pretty Much Dead Already - Hershel finally realizes that the walkers are dead after the barn doors are torn down by the walkers inside, causing the death of Jimmy. Hershel participates in the shootout.

Nebraska - No changes, thought this episode was great. Beth falls into a deeper depression than the original episode (since Jimmy was killed)

Triggerfinger - Randall is not rescued by Rick, Glenn, and Hershel. Lori still tells Rick that she thinks Shane is dangerous.

18 Miles Out - Rick and Shane go out on a run to discuss Shane's sanity and Rick's family. Randall is not the problem in this episode. Shane seemingly comes back from his actions.

Judge, Jury, Executioner - Dale is not killed in this episode, however, Patricia takes his place. Less sadder ending, ending with Hershel putting her out of her misery.

Better Angels - Shane goes crazy after Lori apologizes to him. He knocks Dale out and hides him. The group will find him later, alive, while Rick and Shane are out in the woods looking for him. Same confrontation happens, Rick kills Shane and Carl shoots walker Shane. Herd happens.

Beside the Dying Fire - Andrea is not separated from the group. Beth is killed by walkers trying to escape the farm. Rick is pinned down by a walker while Carl is out of ammo, and Michonne saves him. Rick still reveals Jenner's secret, however, with the story of Shane, confessing to killing him earlier. Andrea, Carol, Glenn, and Lori show distrust to Rick. Episode ending is the same (however, Beth is dead and Dale, Andrea, and Michonne are with the group)
    Sorry, but I disagree with you on killing off Sophia in the Premiere episode. That was the whole reason they stayed on Hershel's farm for so long.

Secondly, Dale got killed off because the guy who portrays him wanted to leave the show. That came out of nowhere for them probably.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ2010Grad View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree with you on killing off Sophia in the Premiere episode. That was the whole reason they stayed on Hershel's farm for so long.

Secondly, Dale got killed off because the guy who portrays him wanted to leave the show. That came out of nowhere for them probably.
    No need to apologize, all opinions are welcome in here.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    There wasn't much wrong with S2 other than the obvious pointless filler, characters being driven by plot, pacing, and inconsistencies. Okay, maybe there was a lot wrong with S2.

But if you minus THESE things from S2, it could've been pretty great:

- Cut down the Sophia searching fiasco down to at least 3-4 episodes
    - Cut out the well walker filler
    - Show signs of brain trauma on zombies on the highway (the ones in the cars)
    - Have Daryl place the dead zombie AWAY from T-Dog's wound (inconsistency because if walker whatever gets in your system you turn)
    - Cut out some of the zombie walker filler
    - Introduce Randall in a way that doesn't make Rick look INCREDIBLY stupid and crazy
    - Have Lori not be completely stupid and crash on an open road
    - Instead of pointless zombie scenes, yknow, develop the characters and give some GOOD dialogue
    - That Daryl episode was a waste of time and pointless. Also the zombie bites his boot and doesn't just EAT him?
    - Dale's death could've been done so much better, but instead super zombie
    - Some editing choices

And that's about it. I miss anything?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by onlykwameforgives View Post
    There wasn't much wrong with S2 other than the obvious pointless filler, characters being driven by plot, pacing, and inconsistencies. Okay, maybe there was a lot wrong with S2.

But if you minus THESE things from S2, it could've been pretty great:

- Cut down the Sophia searching fiasco down to at least 3-4 episodes
    - Cut out the well walker filler
    - Show signs of brain trauma on zombies on the highway (the ones in the cars)
    - Have Daryl place the dead zombie AWAY from T-Dog's wound (inconsistency because if walker whatever gets in your system you turn)
    - Cut out some of the zombie walker filler
    - Introduce Randall in a way that doesn't make Rick look INCREDIBLY stupid and crazy
    - Have Lori not be completely stupid and crash on an open road
    - Instead of pointless zombie scenes, yknow, develop the characters and give some GOOD dialogue
    - That Daryl episode was a waste of time and pointless. Also the zombie bites his boot and doesn't just EAT him?
    - Dale's death could've been done so much better, but instead super zombie
    - Some editing choices

And that's about it. I miss anything?
    I think Jimmy, Patricia, and Otis should have gotten more backstory before they died tragically.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    In the middle of a Jessie and Aaron sandwich.
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Season 2 was actually my favorite season, so I don't think I'd change too much about it. If anything, I'd probably try to give Beth, Jimmy and Patricia a bit more to do. I mean, it took me a while to realize who they even were (apparently, I didn't pay much attention when watching it the first time). I was sorta all over the place when it came to their characters. Initially, I thought that Beth and Jimmy were just some young couple that sought refuge at Hershel's farm after the outbreak, and I thought that Patricia was Hershel's wife.

During the break after the mid-season finale, I finally decided to give the comics a look. It was then that I had realized that Beth was basically the counterpart of Hershel's son, Billy, from the comics, Jimmy was just her boyfriend, Patricia was that stupid bitch from the comics that kept causing trouble (I sorta liked her on the show though), and Otis was her husband.

I also would've done a bit more with T-Dog. There were times where I was like... "Wasn't there a black guy on this show? Did he die?"

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    This is easy for me....keep Shane alive. He is a vastly entertaining and intriguing character build to me. When I watched TWD originally I hated him with a passion. When I rewatched S1 and S2 recently I began to appreciate him for who he was, the one man who realized that this world was going to shit before anyone else. Shane is harsh...he is a realist....he is a survivor, at a time when Rick still wanted to save the world.

Puppy dogs and pony tails....

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Find Sophia's corpse in episode 3, kill Shane in the MSF and get them out of that fucking farm shortly after, that's how I'd have written it, and do better with the female characters, especially Lori, the writing of her character was complete bullshit.
    And the season 2 pacing was godawful, worst one by far

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    We could arrange to have you carried. AdamUpBxtch's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think i'd change anything, even though many didn't like the first half being about finding Sophia, the pay off twist in the mid season finale was amazing and worth it to me. And her being in the barn was the best shock moment this show has done...they haven't come close since then.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveToClear View Post

I think their still needs to be the search for Sophia, the impact of her coming out of that barn was immense. I'm not sure Hershel would participate in the shootout though. I'm okay with the absence of Randall but the group does need that moral dilemma. In season 3, maybe if a scout from Woodbury discovers the prison community and they capture him/her. Possibly Martinez. No redshirt death for Patricia unless she is more developed as a character. I don't agree with Beth's death. I think she can die later on. A brutal 'the weak don't get to live' death would suit.

Interested in what you would do with Season 3 and how you would introduce Tyreese.

And definitely head trauma on the dead people in the cars.

The zombies were how I think they should be in season 2, tougher, faster, stronger. The zombie that attacked Andrea in the RV, 1 Rick not risking fighting the two walkers chasing Sophia both at the same time, Daryl's walkers in Chupacabra, the walkers chasing Shane and Otis, the finale assault on the farm. They were all tense, scary situations. You felt the characters were at risk. Nowadays, and this is an extended example:
    You have a teenage girl recovering from serious injuries nailing dozens of headshots both in pitch blackness and at range outside, without her eyes having adjusted from the prior darkness, all of this with a broken wrist; subsequently she curb stomped a human skull into mush whilst she was wearing hospital shoes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast